Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@CookieGirl1, I've not tried that particular scent from CSP but I have tried others from them. I found them to be on the strong side so it might be interesting to see what a "lighter" banana scent from them would mean. 

I was kind of in a funk today so I decided that I would finish off my night by taking a hot shower, treating myself to a nice face mask, and going to bed.  I chose the Leahlani Mermaid Mask (I get triple points for that one ๐Ÿ˜) which was very thoughfully gifted to me in a mini size by @eshoe awhile back and I still had just a bit left since I had sort of been saving it for a time when I felt like I just needed it. *Sigh* this mask is GLORIOUS. There aren't many face masks that I think really make a noticeable difference but this is absolutely one of them.  Do I look like a Swamp Thing with this green goo on my face and my hair still wet? Yeah. Do I care? Clearly not ๐Ÿ˜‚. After 10 minutes my face literally glows and it feels so smooth. I can totally see myself craving and buying the full size. 

Bonus: the mask smells like a delicious green smoothie.

20220922_222644.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I need to try this mask already!!

@lmaster Dooooooo it.

Glad to hear this one worked out well for you, @CookieGirl1! I hope this week has been better! 

@CookieGirl1  Hope today is a better day for you.  Glad the green goo was successful! 

@Cissy63 Lol, thanks.

@CookieGirl1  Glad you were able to treat yourself! This really is such a nice mask! I haven't made the splurge for the full size yet, but I do think it's worth it! So happy you loved it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 rarely do I enjoy a mask THAT much but this one wowed me.

@CookieGirl1 That one sounds so nice!!

@Samtian it's honestly REALLY good.  I'll happily look like I've been swimming in the Swamp for how much I like it.

@CookieGirl1 yay for triple points on the Glorious Green Goo ๐Ÿ˜ What a great way to de-funk the day, too. Sorry that it was that kind of day, hopefully today is a much brighter one for you ๐Ÿ’—

@CookieGirl1, glad you were able to give yourself some me time. Hope your day is better.

@itsfi @eshoe sometimes you just need a good little pamper sesh to relax and unwind so ending my day like that was very soothing.  It was just one of those days but those happen and there's always a new day with an opportunity to be a better one :).

@CookieGirl1 with that attitude, better days will always be around the corner โ˜บ๏ธ

Sounds like you needed some you time @CookieGirl1 I hope your masking session was a peacefull as it sounds ๐Ÿ’š

What mask is this? The name is so intriguing ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ  I'm going to google it lol I must know more 

@CynthieLu It's the Leahlani Mermaid Mask.  It's honestly SO good (and I'm generally not a big "mask person") and I know that @heartsmyface has also bought it and loves it.  

So a couple of weeks ago, I found this tucked sideways in my mask drawer. A true Forgotten Wonder.

3E4BF1FB-295C-4C2A-8A3B-8C94EE411B22.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been using the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL pretty often - once a week or so. It is a solid performer for me in how enjoyable it is to use, as well as being aesthetically pleasing. 

When I found this Douglas Catwoman Detox Skin Mask (many, many thanks, @heartsmyface) , hidden sideways next to other masks, I thought it would be the perfect one for that weekโ€™s challenge. As a detox mask, I anticipated a black charcoal sheet, which, would seem appropriate as for the costume.
21DC2DE9-560D-4004-9FE7-006ED0F19C80.jpeg

The packaging was impeccable.

0F5316FA-AEB9-4AA6-AC46-D0C34CE2DA3E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

97FB7C15-FCDF-485E-880A-274017A0436E.jpeg

There was an abundance of light/medium thickness, clear serum that was had a typical โ€˜sheet maskโ€™ scent. I left it on as long as I could, my husband left the room immediately in laughter after eyeing me, and my daughter refused to look at me as she was terrified. I couldnโ€™t even look at myself in the mirror.โ€ƒ

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
F02AF581-8700-48C8-AC1B-DD114A31414F.jpeg
I left it on around 20 minutes, and did not notice any residual tackiness. I finished my routine with some Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, which is a great cheek love for dry patches. Thanks for the laughs, heartsmyfaceโ€ฆthis was my favorite Forgotten Wonder ever!

@eshoe 

LOL. This looks like a really fun mask!

It was spooky fun, @nuinui933

@eshoe  This is a very interesting mask !!  Your skin liked it and thatโ€™s what counts.  But I love the expression on it!!  

1 Reply
testing