Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster @Oh yes, good results are welcomed even if it takes 24hr๐Ÿ˜€

Sounds like this one worked out really nicely for you, @Cissy63!

Yes @quspork I really did!!!  It was not immediate, it took an overnight to see results.  But I was very pleased with it๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63 

This one sounds right up my alley.

I hope you are pleased with your results @missy94612 !!

@Cissy63, wow! Your results with this mask sound fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™ve only used the pink sheet mask from the brand but have wondered about the black one. I like that the mask is two pieces, makes for a better fit. 

Yes I was very surprised by my results!!  I agree that 2 piece masks fit better @itsfi.  But this went one step better.  There were several small slits around the eyes and nose and lower face. This made my fit even better ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yeahy! It's great you got the results with this @Cissy63 it's a good feeling, waking up to after mask skin ๐Ÿ˜„

I think it's a interesting concept of addressing different skin concerns on the different pieces. If I see this one around I would definitely scoop it up to give it a try.  

Thanks @CynthieLu.  When I purchased I really didnโ€™t know each half had a separate purpose.  I went with the 111Skin brand name since I had really good results with their serums.  But itโ€™s a really good idea!

@Cissy63 What a unique mask, black diamond now that sure does fit the theme of "makes you feel like royalty masks". Thank you for sharing your lovely review with the community ๐Ÿ™‚ โค๏ธ 

This mask seems to have worked out quite well for you and given you some pretty great results, sounds like a keeper! 

Yes @QueenMarceline this was a โ€œsleeper โ€œ.  I didnโ€™t see all the benefits until the next day!!  

@Cissy63 In my experience, most masks are sleepers for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

This week's theme : Luxe Masks that make you feel like Royality ๐Ÿ‘‘ 

ENTER Elisabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Double Action Detox Peel Off Mask

๐Ÿ’Ž 

That was a mouth full ๐Ÿ˜… no letters of the month here but it's sooo luxe I don't use it often, this mask is up there on the pricey side so it's my fancy time mask. 

Screenshot_20220902-184949_Chrome.jpg

โ€ƒ

Screenshot_20220902-185019_Google.jpg

โ€ƒ

**Luxe looking image from the internet**

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
This mask went on clear and sticky. *an avoid your eyebrows and hair line mask for sure* This is a dry and peel off mask, so I avoided my eye area entirely. My skin around my eyes is too fragile for tugging and pulling ๐Ÿ˜‹
A thin layer and this dried completely in about 15 minutes.
If you use a mask brush with bristles, I'd say skip it for this one.  Too sticky.
I like the sensation of peel off masks but they are too much for my sensitive skin so I was very careful and gentle when I took it off.  The left overs took awhile to wash away with warm water, it really wanted to stay on my skin. 
No big scent and no big wow factor either. Myself  I would not buy this one,  if they charge this much for a mask I would expect **wow!** results. My skin is smooth and bright after but not that much more really. 
I was lucky and received this as a gift with purchase at the beauty counter. Because of the brand and the price tag this mask makes me feel like fancy Royalty ๐Ÿฆ„ ๐Ÿ‘‘ 

Just laughing a bit.  This was my first time using the spoiler text thing ha! I don't know how to fix it but it's 3 deep ๐Ÿคฃ

@CynthieLu doesn't sound like it held up to royalty standards, at least you know!

Definitely agree with you, @CynthieLu, at a certain price point I want to be WOWed by a mask, not just have an ok experience. But it's great that you got to try it out! 

Exactly how I feel too @quspork ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu 

We all need a fancy time mask. Love it.

@CynthieLu Haha, I for one love your Russian Nesting Doll spoiler tag. โค๏ธ  I have not heard of this mask yet so I always love to see reviews of unknown (to me) masks on this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ I usually don't do well with peel-off masks myself and definitely agree with you that for a higher end price higher end results are to be expected. 

@QueenMarceline exactly, for a greater amount of my money my expectations rise as well 

Lol Russian doll ๐Ÿคฃ

@CynthieLu Hahah, that's what it reminded me of. ๐Ÿคฃ I actually have a few peel-off masks from that Freeman set that I bought but I was too nervous to try them since peel-offs have always gone very south for me. Maybe sometime soon I'll have to give them a shot. 

I hope they are nice peel off's @QueenMarceline , if you don't find it going well it's just a warm water wash off ๐Ÿ˜‰

testing