Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi Wow what a cool mask and lovely tiara, this is such a beautiful photo ๐Ÿ™‚ It sounds like this mask worked out really well, where do you buy this? I feel like the packaging is so eye-catching that I'm fairly certain I've never seen it before anywhere. Also, maybe I'm a bit royal obsessed but the packaging reminded me of Diana's famous blue sapphire jewelry. It's super coincidental that you used this mask a few days before the death of Queen Elizabeth, while I scrolled past I initially thought someone theme-d it due to that pretty large historical event but in all reality you posted it way before and that would be a super weird theme to include in this thread in general (lol, what was I thinking?๐Ÿคฃ

@QueenMarceline, thank you! Photography has been something I've been interested in, a side hobby at the moment; so it's nice to hear. The mask, crown and lighting did the heavy lifting. I had planned to use this mask earlier in the year but got sidetracked for one reason or another; all coincidental with the timing of my using the mask and posting about it and real life circumstances.

Sorry for the delayed response about the product availability - I was trying to find a source for the mask. I picked this one up at a small, local boutique that carries a variety of Japanese and Korean beauty products, mainly skincare and hair care. These usually come in a pack of 5 but the store every once in a while will put these out for individual sale. The location I went to didn't have any when I was last in the shopping plaza, but they get new shipments of products every month. I did find these masks on the Stylevana site. If you've never ordered from that site, there are a few things to be aware of: (1) check availability of the listed product - they're good about listing the inventory they have available, but it's helpful to check the info under that inventory status - for estimate on when the product is likely to ship (e.g., within 24 hours, 7-14 working days, within 30 working days, etc.); (2) your order will ship when ALL items are ready and available so if you have items with different availability, the longest processing time is the earliest it will ship; and 3) the listed processing times, particularly the longer ones, are rough estimates and have been known to take longer than listed so if there's something you need immediately, this may not be the best source.

@itsfi 

The mask sounds like it'd be too much for my oily skin but your picture is great!

@nuinui933. thank you for your kind words! This one could work if you wring out some essence before applying the sheet mask. I get that might be more work than it's worth and if that's the case, there are a couple of other masks from this line that may be better suited for your skin type - there's one with red packaging that holds less essence in the mask and the packet but is still hydrating. I also saw one with black packaging that is meant to address pore care and if I'm remembering right, sebum control, as well, which is one you may like.

@itsfi oh my!!! This is a gorgeous photo!!! Sounds like it was great too

@lmaster, thank you! Masking and photography are two hobbies I enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Took this an opportunity to try taking a photo at different angles than I typically do. 

The mask was wonderful and it is not discontinued. Hahaha! It seems like the discontinued mask theme has been a recurring one for me over the last few weeks - they're not even old masks! 

This sounds like it worked out so well for your skin, @itsfi. Plus the tiara is lovely--- Please tell me you did indeed wear it while masking!

It worked out really well @quspork. Iโ€™m interested to see how it performs in cooler weather. Iโ€™m also interested in trying the one that seems to be the most moisturizing in the line. Working through a few more masks, including a couple of multi-packs before making another mask haul though. lol, Iโ€™ll have to remember to wear the tiara the next time I use this mask or another one from the line. ๐Ÿ˜† It primarily comes out these days when Iโ€™m playing princess tea party with a little one. ๐Ÿ‘‘ 

You found a wonderful mask @itsfi !!! Sounds so good ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63, I was surprised by this mask, especially since the one I tried beforehand (red packet) seemed more โ€œmehโ€ than anything else. My skin is always on board with hydrating and moisturizing results. 

@itsfi 

I like the sound of hydrated and moisturized skin. Do you know if this the most moisturizing one in this line? Your picture is beautiful, always.

@missy94612, thank you. Iโ€™ve only tried 2 of the 5 varieties in the line. This one is actually aimed at brightening (and moisturizing) but more brightening. Based on the ingredients, thereโ€™s a version that comes in a white packet with illustrations in blue. That seems like it would be the most moisturizing.

That packaging really suits the weekly theme @itsfi ๐Ÿคฉ

I have used masks like that, that seem to moisturize so well you might not need to actually grab your own moisturizer after.  I think you made the right call. Even being hydrated I think the step after with our own lotion, locks in everything from the mask. I just know if I skip it, I regret it lol

@CynthieLu, Itโ€™s only been a few occasions where Iโ€™ve felt like I could forego a moisturizer after a sheet mask and itโ€™s usually in the warmer parts of the summer, but even so, following up with a moisturizer ends up being a must for me, even if it is just a light layer. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Theme of this week Luxe Masks that Make You Feel Like Royalty 

I chose 111Skinโ€™s mask Celestial Black Diamond Lifting and Firming Treatment Mask

I had high hopes for it

In the past I had purchased through a monthly subscription the 111Skin products.  It was wonderful.  My skin benefited from the product.  My hopes were up for this too.

There are two attached products.  One mask for the upper face and one for the lower.  Each was to perform differently.

The upper was to firm and soften skin and work on deep frown lines on the forehead.  
The lower was to address loss of volume and areas of redness. 

Each mask was a black vinyl with a decent amount of product on it , but not dripping with it.  Each had small slits for fitting around the eyes and nose which I thought was a good idea.  Each part adhered well to my face and stayed in place during the 20 minutes recommended for treatment.

I had no unwanted reaction to the product.

At the end of 20 minutes I removed each piece and found that most of the essence was absorbed into my skin.

But I didnโ€™t see what I had expected.  Firming of forehead lines, improved volume in my face. Now there was a bright look and a softer feel right afterwards.

I did my usual pm skincare after.

Now this morning is when I saw what I was looking for.  My forehead looks good.  Much smoother.  The texture is softer and the frown lines are much more diminished.

The redness from my eczema around my chin and nose was a little calmer.  I would have liked more, but ok.

My cheeks were firmer and the nasolabial folds were not as deep.

So all in all I am very satisfied with the product and will consider purchasing another one.

89171D57-F94B-4EDF-97CA-4E92BB318B9E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

B3809F2E-81C0-4CF2-9130-281E268180A0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 love that you seen results!! Even if it's later, I'll take it

@lmaster @Oh yes, good results are welcomed even if it takes 24hr๐Ÿ˜€

Sounds like this one worked out really nicely for you, @Cissy63!

Yes @quspork I really did!!!  It was not immediate, it took an overnight to see results.  But I was very pleased with it๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63 

This one sounds right up my alley.

I hope you are pleased with your results @missy94612 !!

1 Reply
testing