Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi Ugh! Story of my sheet mask life too. I loved some of the old discontinued Sephora sheet masks. The new ones can be fun but nothing feels quite the same to the gold/precious metals editions of the Sephora masks from a few years back or the Lavender and Almond foot sheet masks... sigh. Can we please bring these goodies back? ๐Ÿ˜ญ

SEPHORA COLLECTION SUPERMASK - The Silver Mask 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Foot Mask Lavender 

@QueenMarceline, if you have a petition to sign for discontinued sheet masks we'd like to bring back, you just direct that signature page my way. And while you're at it, everyone on this thread would probably sign it as well for one discontinued sheet mask or another. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi Hahah, oh I am sure of it! Maybe we need to start those petitions. ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi   Well, technically blueberries are purple ๐Ÿ˜‚

@heartsmyface, ha! I guess 10 black foods is a better marketing angle than 7 black foods, 2 purple ones and a green one. ๐Ÿ˜† This has made me wonder what other foods they could have included that are black in color and have skincare benefits. ๐Ÿค” So far, Iโ€™ve come up with black tea, black currents, black caviar, black Mission figs and chia seeds. ๐Ÿ–ค

@itsfi  I suppose not!  Poppy seeds?   Wait why does it need to be black?  Did something get lost in translation?  

edit- ah ha!  Iโ€™m going to bet the Korean version says pitch dark

4AF1BF37-8E7A-4DCA-9DCA-5BF01B5CD4C5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ooh, poppy seeds! Great idea @heartsmyface. I noticed that the front of the packaging calls out that the mask as having "10 black foods" as a draw. I'm not sure what the significance of that is, because the 10 listed, along with the others in the INCI list are great.

@itsfi  I just edited my last comment;) itโ€™s supposed to be โ€˜pitch darkโ€™.   also, I love the internet.  

A75CEEB2-7CDC-4618-A8B2-AAEFF7E7C47A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ahhhh, and the lightbulb ๐Ÿ’ก in my little noggin ๐Ÿง  comes on, hearts! ๐Ÿ˜† Ooooh, excellent info @heartsmyface! I love the internet; how did we get on without it before? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

@itsfi  We lived in blissful ignorance thinking we were right and others didnโ€™t know their colours ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿฆ‹ โ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜†

Years of odd mask translations have taught me that things that sound questionable usually mean one or more words have been substituted with a secondary meaning in the original language.  This one was tricky cause the mask is actually black and so are a bunch of ingredients. 

@heartsmyface, I was judgy about those black foods they listed. Ahhh, the blissful ignorance has come to an end. Hahaha! Me thinks I need to make a trip to Seoul to research the Korean version of this mask. โœˆ๏ธ For science, of course. ๐Ÿ”ฌ

@itsfi Science. ha a very good reason to go;) 

@itsfi 

We did a Mediheal mask this week too, but a different one. This sounds interesting. I don't think we've used a bamboo charcoal mask before. I read your review on the ingredients to my husband and daughter and they both had some hilarious response.s My daughter said "blueberries are not black, that's just silly!" and had a good laugh at that. My husband's comment was "wouldn't charcoal be considered black or closer to it than those 3?"

Hahaha @missy94612. Theyโ€™re not wrong. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi your color analysis of the ingredients made me giggle. I think they were stretching it juuuuuuuust a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lol @eshoe. I may have to dig deeper and do more research on whether these foods that I donโ€™t think are not technically black in color (as I know them) may have a similar counterpart in Seoul that are black. Homework for another day. ๐Ÿ“š 

@itsfi  I enjoy bamboo sheet masks too.  They hold really good.  This sounds like a very good mask with all those good ingredients.  Question, any charcoal of some kind in it?  I have not used a charcoal mask yet thatโ€™s why I am asking.  

@Cissy63, yes, I also love how bamboo masks adhere to the skin. โ™ฅ๏ธ This mask has a nice set of ingredients, which is always a plus. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ This one does contain charcoal powder (10 ppm).

I donโ€™t use sheet masks with charcoal in them very often but when I do, my skin has responded well to them. This and the Leaders Detox and Chill are two I like; they seem to work best for my skin when it leans more on the oily side which makes sense since purifying / detoxing is one of the properties of charcoal. 

My favorite charcoal mask isnโ€™t a sheet mask, itโ€™s the Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL. 

@itsfi I tend to really enjoy charcoal sheet masks, thanks so much for sharing a new one!!

@lmaster, bamboo charcoal masks are one of the thicker leaning masks that I enjoy a lot. ๐Ÿ–ค 

Iโ€™m not on theme but just trying to recover from camping and a week of abysmal skincare.  An exfoliating mask was in order.  I love the LeahLani Honey Love microdermabrasion exfoliator.  Itโ€™s tar-like and sticky coming out of the jar.  I mix it with some water and apply a thin layer using gentle circular motions to my face and let it sit for 5 minutes and rinse.  I love the fresh and tart pomegranate scent and how smooth it makes my skin feel.  Go fruit enzymes!  

Some reliable moisture was in order so I stuck with a safe mask- the Progloss Gold Honey Bee Gone mask.  The honeybee is almost an animal right;);)? These masks will be forever purchases.  They conform perfectly, smell like floral honey and deliver tons of hydration leaving my skin slightly tacky and prepped for the day! I have nothing bad to say about them.  

BC132FBD-4160-4D6A-88D2-F593E3D7AA55.jpeg

โ€ƒ

320EC5B1-D012-4087-8895-CADB6BC86A73.jpeg

โ€ƒ

AEBCDC95-599E-4266-BB65-4C4EB18A5A36.jpeg

โ€ƒ

testing