Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe @Oh wow that hair mask sounds amazing ! Disappointing about the smell of the sheet mask! 

It was, @Kim888! I think you commented on it in my haul last month, I am happy you saw this because I forgot to tag you. 10/10 would use this again.

I is for Ice Cream๐Ÿฆ 

691FDAE4-4B91-4F3B-83FB-56B8FB71BF8F.jpeg

Spoiler

Kokostar Waffle Mask ~ Ice Cream ๐Ÿฆ

Material:

Thickness waffle weaved cotton, that was super comfortable and breathable

Serum:

A sort of thin, milky-jelly serum. The mask was fully saturated and there was also a bunch extra in the pouch.

Scent:

The scent is light and kinda hard to describe - maybe signature sheet mask smell with a hint of sweetness..... after going over the ingredients, I think the sweetness I was smelling is the vanilla that's in it.

Fit:

Just a smidge too wide at the forehead and a little too long at the chin.

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

Light, and stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth, a little bouncy, comfortably moisturized skin with a nice dewy glow.

Repurchase?

Maybe. The results were about the same as the Honey version I tried from this line, but the Honey one had a much better scent, so I'm just not as excited to repurchase this one. I'd definitely use it again!

26CBDA9D-A6C3-4B07-A50E-E6984A51BA93.jpeg

@Shosh85  Sounds decent. Too bad it wasnโ€™t more sweet smelling. 

@ather  It was nice! Definitely wouldn't have minded the sweet scent to be a little stronger! ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85, these waffle masks make me hungry! Looking forward to trying them - the gel essence sounds promising. My skin can hardly wait; well, maybe it'll wait until after we have our summer here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ In the meantime, I might have some ice cream in honor of this ice cream waffle sheet mask. ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿจ

@itsfi  So have the whole line? They've been pretty good so far... definitely a lot of essence in these! I haven't checked to see if they're sold individually, but I'd love to some backups up of the Honey one! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜‹

I think I have the whole line @Shosh85. There are 5 different varieties? Blueberry, strawberry, maple, honey and ice cream? 

You can purchase the individual flavors directly from Kocostarโ€™s site.

Hey a little sweet scent does sound good though ๐Ÿ˜‹ @Shosh85 

@lmaster  It was nice, but I wouldn't have minded the scent to be just a little stronger ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think I felt about the same as you on this one, @Shosh85. Wasnโ€™t my favorite, but still - plenty to love!

@eshoe  Have you tried them all? I'm still working m way through them and have only tried a few and so far the honey one is my favorite ๐Ÿฏ

All but this one, @Shosh85. I think I was most surprised by the blueberry, as it didnโ€™t come across as blueberry at all to me. I think I remember it being more grape-y. 

Another duel from last week, this time with sheet masks and an H for houttuynia cordata

H - Houttuynia Cordata.jpg

tl;dr: Both are great masks. 

But which one performed better?

Spoiler
Mask:All Natural Mask Sheet Houttuynia Cordata
Dr. Orga 100 Houttuynia Cordata Pure Essence Mask Sheet

Which Performed Better?
Claim(s):Cleansing, soothing, refreshing and moisturizingCalming, cleansing and moisturizing---
Key Ingredient:Houttuynia Cordata (50%)Houttuynia Cordata (50.88%)Dr. Orga, technically
Material:Thin, pale beige hued, eoseongcho mask*100% Tencel sheet mask; leans slightly thicker than most tencel masksAll Natural Mask - As much as I love Tencel masks, I prefer thinner sheet masks.
Adherence:GoodGoodTie
Fit:1-1/2" too long at chin; smidge too wide at temples; and slight incisions to eyes, nose and mouth needed to help material lie flat1-1/2" too long at chin; smidge too wide at temples; and needs a fair amount of adjustments to eyes in particular and smaller incisions to nose and mouthAll Natural Mask - less significant adjustments needed for my face shape, size and features
Essence:Clear, watery but not runny or drippyClear, watery but not runny or drippyTie
Scent:FreshHerbaceous, botanical (plant scent), with perhaps a slight citrus and minty bentTie; no preference for me
Tack:Slightest tacky-to-the-touch feeling immediately after removalVery faint, almost unnoticeable; dissipates quicklyDr. Orga
Results:Skin feels hydrated with a soft, dewy look. Redness seemed to be slightly reduced.Dewy, hydrated, happy, healthy, brightened skin. Does a nice job of lightening redness around cheeks, though it was temporary.Dr. Orga
Best Suited For:All skin types, even those with sensitive skinAll skin types, even those with sensitive skinTie
Repurchase?:YesOhhhh yeaaah!--

It was a close one, but the overall winner of this houttuynia cordata sheet mask duel is ... (drum roll, please)
Spoiler
Dr. Orga - although I prefer the material and fit of the All Natural mask, the results from the Dr. Orga 100 Houttuynia Cordata Pure Essence Mask Sheet were spectacular - my face looked healthy, fresh and glowy but not greasy and felt hydrated.  Love that the redness on my cheeks looked visibly diminished, even if those results are temporary. ๐Ÿ’š

@itsfi  Great duel! I feel like technically both are winners tho!!! ๐Ÿ˜

@ather, theyโ€™re both very good. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Either would make for a nice masking experience. 

This was a very interesting read, @itsfi. I had to look up โ€œeoseongchoโ€ (on the All Naturalโ€™s material type) and was interested to see that it is aka the primary ingredient, Houttuynia cordata. I was even more surprised to see that it is aka heart leaf, which is an ingredient in one of @WinglessOneโ€™s favorite Abib masks. Although they both sounds quite soothing, that herbaceous scent on the Dr. Orga seems especially so. One to add to my list!

@eshoe, this ingredient is known by a lot of different names. I think a few of us, including @WinglessOne, listed quite a few a while back - there are even more than the ones mentioned. ๐Ÿ˜ณ With all those aliases, it's like the spy of the skincare ingredients world. lol Herbaceous scents can be good or bad and this one was definitely a good one for me. ๐Ÿ’š I wouldn't have minded if it was more prominent or lingered. It's worth picking up. 

Well I wonder why there are so many different names for it, @itsfi. If it refers to the part used, or method of extractionโ€ฆ.interesting! I still have a mask haul to do, I just keep getting distracted. Maybe September will be the month to do something about that ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@eshoe, I donโ€™t know about the origins of all of the aliases for it but I read that the fish mint and fishwort references have to do with the plantโ€™s fishy taste. ๐Ÿ  Its heartleaf name comes from its shape. โ™ฅ๏ธ

Fish mint@itsfi ๐Ÿ˜ณ Makes me think of greenies๐Ÿ˜‚ I will concentrate on the shapeโ€ฆlike happy monstera leaves๐Ÿ’š

testing