Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Bat mask.jpgI am batman.jpg

No opinion on this mask. Didn't notice anything. 

@Samtian  It may not have done much results-wise, but it is super cute! 
I like to wear these around the house to entertain the family ๐Ÿ˜‚ I also think they'd make great Halloween party favors ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well besides it not working for you, @Samtian - you look mahvelous ๐Ÿ˜„

@Samtian I freaking love that mask! Sorry you didn't see any results ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Too bad there weren't some noticeable results, @Samtian. I've heard similar reviews about this one from some others. But at least you look cute! 

@quspork Thank you! I'd rather no results than bad ones!

@Samtian, thatโ€™s too bad you didnโ€™t notice anything from the mask. ๐Ÿ™ It looks super fun on you! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi Thank you! I had fun sending my brother pictures and quoting Batman vs. Superman haha.

Batman v. Superman quotes @Samtian?!! Love that! ๐Ÿ˜

@Samtian   But you look super cute with a bat spat on your face;). I like these straight from the fridge when itโ€™s hot out.  

@heartsmyface haha thank you. It was already cold brr

On my way home today, I noticed thereโ€™s an Itโ€™s Skin shop in Flushing! I donโ€™t know how I missed it all these years...but now I need recommendations for sheet masks from them and know you beauties can help me! I have combo oily skin and tend to prefer cleaner ingredients. ๐Ÿ˜

@lnum jealous that you have an entire EH store! The .2mm Air ones @itsfi is referring to are some of my favorite daily masks. Inexpensive, fit is lovely, and make my skin happy. Have fun shopping!!!

The main thing is that you've know about the storefront now @lnum๐Ÿ˜ 

Hmmm . . . not sure how much help this will be because our skin types are different, though I do get more oily in the summer. Sheet masks from It's Skin that I enjoy are primarily within the brand's Prestige line - one is the ginseng sheet mask (red packet) - note that it does contain snail mucin; another from that line is the black rose mask, but that is heavily fragranced so if you're sensitive to scents you might want to pass on that one. There's also a two step or two part mask pack - snail centered - includes under eye gel patches and a sheet mask. 

@itsfi Yes! The red ginseng one absolutely caught my eye. Iโ€™ll pick it up if I see it. I also think thereโ€™s an Etude House nearby there that I discovered yesterday and I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve tried anything from them. I clearly need to look up when Iโ€™m taking the bus instead of being glued to my phone. ๐Ÿ˜…

Hahaha @lnum! I can understand being glued to the phone! ๐Ÿ˜‚  Ooooh, an Etude House storefront?!!! How fun!! 

• 0.2mm Air Therapy Sheet Mask collection - there are 4 (maybe 4?) different types of essences / serums in this collection. I love how thin and soft the masks are! ๐Ÿ˜ Some of the "flavors" contain alcohol but I'm not sure if that might be due to the type of essence. I have a handful at home and can take a look for you when I get back.

• Soon Jung Panthensoside Sheet Mask - the packet is white and the writing on the mask is in blue and black. It's made of 100% bamboo and is good for sensitive and/or damaged skin.

• Red Ginseng gold hydrogel mask - I don't know the full name of it. It's in a pretty metallic packaging with a ginseng (?) print on it. It may be discontinued or on its way out, but I remember seeing it in a few boutiques right before the stay-at-home. I don't think it's part of a skincare collection so it might be displayed on its own.

• Moistfull Collagen Mask - this may not be something your skin likes - it's intended to be moisturizing and plumping; it may be too heavy for your skin type.

@itsfi Thank you!!! I took screenshots lol! I went to its skin today and strangely they closed at 5:30pm on a Saturday so I was 20 minutes too late. Iโ€™ll have to try visiting both again next week. 

@lnum, there are 5 different essence types within the 0.2mm Air Therapy sheet mask collection. I don't have all of the 'flavors' but of the ones I have, I do have at least one of each of the essence types. 

• moist water type - Green Tea (moisturizing & soothing)
  • ampoule type - White Flowers (moisturizing & brightening)
  • emulsion type - Honey (rich moisturization) and Snail (smoothening & firming)
  • jelly oil type - Camellia (lifting & skin radiance)
  • cream oil - Olive (firming & moisturizing)

Here's how to tell what type of essence is contained in the sheet mask:

ampoule essenceampoule essencecream oilcream oilemulsionemulsionjelly oiljelly oilwaterywatery

Have fun shopping next week! ๐Ÿ›

@lnum   If they have them, they make the best makeup remover wipes!  All oily and wonderful...sigh.  

Mรฉdiheal youโ€™ve done it again:). N is for Nattogum.  Nattogum is (fermented soybeans boiled in natto ) high in vitamin K2 which has been shown to prevent fine lines and Gamma Polyglutamic Acid (PGA) which finishes wrinkles, facilitates skin turnover and is skin smoothing.  This Tencel sheet mask is soaked in sticky milky serum which smells strongly of roses (wasnโ€™t expecting that) The mask fits well but I added a few snips around the eye-nose area to make it perfect.  The sticky serum really makes it stay well.  My skin was extremely tacky (okay sticky) afterward for about fifteen minutes.  Then it was plump moisturized and had a firm bounce to it . I am very pleased.  off to go see if this is still available.

896B509E-94EB-4857-8333-CB4E191E86D1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1EEA6F78-6BA7-47A9-97E4-57CB003BF8E8.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface   Oh, this one gave some great results! Happy to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

3 Replies
testing