Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I remember this one being reviewed here.... it sounds like it gave you some great results! I don't really ever think about brushing my teeth while masking, but I do always think about eating! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh, and good job using an electric toothbrush! ๐Ÿ‘

Bahahhaha @Shosh85 being able to eat was my first thought too!  I'm all for brushing my teeth, but snacks are always the first thought! @itsfi I've never seen this one before, but I'm totally into it!

@missjeanie @itsfi  You guys totally get me ๐Ÿ˜†โค๏ธ

@Shosh85 @missjeanie, eating, masking and lip balm. Not necessarily in that order, though I wouldn't have any major complaints about that order either. ๐Ÿคฃ I'm sure there are a few more things I could add to that list, but these three could keep me happy for a while. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

I knew I'd found my people here @itsfi @Shosh85 !!!  Could you imagine the slumber party we'd all have!!

Iโ€™m with ya @Shosh85. ๐Ÿ˜† My first thought with this one was โ€œoooh, I can mask and drink my coffee in the morning at the same time!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Makes me happy that I can do two things I love at the same time! ๐Ÿ˜

Since the mask contemplated brushing your teeth while masking I decided to give it a shot! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Ahhh, the electric toothbrush! One of the greatest inventions ever. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I want to find a good, not too bulky / heavy one for porting around with me to and from work once a daily commute becomes a more regular part of my week again. 

@itsfi  So actually, a good one for that might be the colgate hum. They make a battery and a rechargeable version. It has a pretty slim profile as far as electric toothbrushes go.

@PrettyPaint, I was literally looking at Colgate Hum during my lunch break today!! It does look like it has what Iโ€™m looking for and itโ€™s received good reviews too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™m leaning towards that one, just canโ€™t decide which version to get. Have you tried both the rechargeable and battery operated ones? If so, any preference? 

Iโ€™ve been doing a sheet mask a day, Iโ€™m on mask day 17 and omg my skin is loving the results. I already added in an essence step to my skincare routine so Iโ€™m still using one in the am but in pm using a sheet mask at that step.

Iโ€™ve had a handful lying around and was gifted the I dew care letโ€™s get sheet faced set at christmas so that plus the ones I had from subscription boxes or bought on a whim I had definitely more then 30 around. I have been on a hunt for an affordable set because buying them individually at $6+ per mask is a lot. I think I may continue doing this permanently is how wonderful my skin is looking.

I battle cystic acne and a skin connective tissue disorder so my skincare routine is a high priority of mine. I alternate using a sleep mask at least twice a week often on nights I also did a mud mask. I want to use my peel masks more but not sure where they fit into on order of skincare products, anyone can you fill me in!? 
anyways here are some photos of sheet masks , Iโ€™ve been snapping on Snapchat so some images are photos and wonโ€™t let me add it here ,

A11E2758-DA11-487A-8022-09610C0C218A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

84BACA94-145F-48E7-8D28-E73A7049A1C9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

2C3DF00B-84A5-40F3-8A6B-3C33A9226DB6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

40D843DC-163F-45B1-8B52-AAEC67D414BA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

A9A35D25-9C0C-4980-B768-F1C713639938.jpeg

โ€ƒ

4CD4C653-3E4A-4C9F-A69E-C0BFBB992412.jpeg

โ€ƒ

FD850077-516D-40E1-B105-6F62A3846093.jpeg

โ€ƒ

lol  Even though Iโ€™m jumping in on letter N Iโ€™ve been doing a lot unknowingly of the other letters of the weeks prior. ๐Ÿ™‚

@VeganDoll the pink dream is calling my name

@VeganDoll  That Pink Dream Mask looks like such an awesome fit! 

@VeganDoll   Oh yay!! Welcome to the very addicting world of daily masking!   Ha i always thought those eye flaps were cause the mask company was too lazy to punch the eyes out properly.  I just fold them away from my eyes out of fear of getting serum in my eyes. 

@VeganDoll I'm in the same boat of my skin liking daily masking.  I put a peel on after cleansing and use a lot of moisturizing and nourishing products after I take it off.  For me, I'll often cleanse my skin in the morning quickly, slap on a moisturizing SPF and then when I go to have my shower on my lunch break (no judgement... lol... pandemic working from home has changed my schedule sooooo much) I'll do a quick cleanse and put a peel or a wash off mask on and take it off in the shower. 

As for buying sheet masks.... I started off like you, a small collection of random masks that had showed up in IPSY bags, or as gifts with purchase for the most part, maybe a dozen or so.  I joined in on this thread and found that I was having so much fun I started to collect more and more!  I got a lot mine through Winners/TJ Maxx as others have said, you can usually find a 6-10 pack for 5$ and under.  I also purchase from a few Canadian web sites and found that every time I drove to an ULTA I'd peruse the sheet masks and pick up a dozen.  It's a favourite section in the drug store for me as well and I'll add one or two into my grocery order depending on the store.  Sephora Sale section often has some pop up as well.  I'm a sucker for a 'deal' so I'll often wait until they're on sale or included as a gift.  I've been trying to sheet mask daily this year (I was up to over 700 at New Years in my collection and know I'd gotten out of hand lol) and I too have found that my skin is doing better, some days I'll do a double sheet mask depending on what I've got going on, and I always do a wash off as a 'pre shower' routine now.  For what I call 'filler' masks, the TJ Maxx 10 packs for 6$ masks do great for me.  There are also companies that do 7, 10, 15, and 30 day packs of masks.  I believe @itsfi  has used several of these in the past, and I think I saw a Sephora version in the sale section not long ago as well.  If you find one that works for you, it could be much more cost effective. 

Welcome @VeganDoll๐Ÿ’–!!! Day 17 is incredibly impressive, and it is so cool that you have noticed results with consistent masking, too. 

You have already received some excellent suggestions for picking up sheet masks. I just wanted to add in that TJ Maxx/Marshallโ€™s generally has a pretty well-stocked skincare selection. You can find multi-packs of masks for a very everyday-masking price there. Just remember to scan the ingredients for any potentially irritating ones known to you for your skin type.

I have dealt with cystic acne along my jawline from time to time, but now I mostly just use an acne dot to help speed our goodbyes along. I am cautious with peels, limiting them to once or twice a month. Otherwise my cheeks become very dry and my foundation/blush looks patchy. 

Like others have already mentioned, the theme/letters are just to help spur on ideas; feel free to post wheneverโ˜บ๏ธ

@VeganDoll  That's so awesome that you're seeing some great results from frequent masking! Love your pictures - that BioBelle pineapple mask is super cute! They have a peach one that's pretty cute too. 
Love the picture with the eye flaps! The eye flaps are intended to be use lying down, so your lids get some love too - but I'm usually walking around getting things done while masking so I never use them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great job masking - keep up the good work!

@VeganDoll, that's so great that you are using a mask every day and that you are seeing results. You've been using some great sheet masks! Some that look familiar to me and others that I'm seeing for the first time. 

For purchasing sheet masks, I usually pick up individual sheet masks and if I find my skin responds well to one, I'll look into buying a multi-pack, either of the same sheet mask or if they have a variety pack, I may get that one. Are you in the U.S.? If so, masksheets dot com offers both individual masks as well as packs of 5 or 10. For vegan sheet masks, I've read (but haven't tried yet),  that sheet masks from Barulab are good. I recently discovered and love Vitamasques. ๐Ÿ˜ Some of their masks are available in store and online at Target and they do go on sale from time to time. The website us (dot) vitamasques (dot) com has a section for vegan masks. The lychee mask is fabulous!!

Regarding peels, I incorporate them into my routine after cleansing. 

Looking forward to hearing about your masking. The weekly challenge themes are guidelines so please feel free to jump right in and share whatever mask you are using. We love hearing about masks and I'm sure one of us can find a way to incorporate the letter of the week or the weekly theme into the mask you use. 

How about N as in "No time like the present to try and get caught up on recent masking a little bit..." ๐Ÿ˜

First up, A'pieu Propolis Moisture 3 Step Mask

PXL_20210322_175530980.jpg

Propolis, honey, royal jelly, licorice root, green tea--- really what's not to love? This was a rare multi-step where I really liked all three steps. The cream may have been just touch heavier than I would normally prefer, but that's a slight quibble. Step one is a pre-soaked hydrating toner pad (actually there were two in the packet) that made application a breeze. Step two was a soft, cotton mask that adhered nicely, maybe a touch narrow in the fit, but overall left my skin hydrated and bouncy. Step three was a cream to seal in all the propolis goodness. There was a light honey scent to the mask (can't recall about the toner) and bit of a more perfumey fragrance to the cream. None of it was overwhelming though. I'm very glad I bought a multi-pack of these. 

Next, the Lovemore Hydrosol Brightening Mask

PXL_20210322_175441647.jpg

From time to time I've run out of Lovemore masks and tend to forget about them, but then when I repurchase I always think- why? Why did I eschew you, beloved Lovemore?? I've loved pretty much all of their masks mostly because they are just so comfy to have on. I love the Taiwanese masks for their softness, adherence, good fit, and overall comfort. These are pleasantly soaked in a thin essence that includes rose water, leaving it with a very slight floral scent. My skin looked brighter and felt nicely hydrated and soft after removal. Another that I'm glad to have purchased a 5 pack of. I'm not entirely sure if this is just a new packaging for the previous Rose Hybrida mask of theirs or if the ingredients have changed as I haven't found an English ingredient list yet, but either way, this is a lovely mask. 

Next, a gift from @eshoe - the Kina Cosmetics Peptide mask

PXL_20210322_175449151.jpg

I'm getting older and have got to start incorporating peptides more, but I digress. This mask was really great to use and I want to thank @eshoe for introducing me to the Kina brand because I've enjoyed all of the ones she sent. I'm sure it would take repeated and regular use of the mask to really see its claimed benefits of smoother, firmer skin but even as a stand-alone it's a good hydrating addition to the masking collection. I would happily use this again. 

And finally, the Elizavecca Honey Deep Power Ringer mask

PXL_20210322_175506463.jpg

This sheet was just soaked in clear, honeyed-essence goodness. The sheet was thin and fit nicely, with a sweet honey scent. There was a bit of tack after removal, but my skin felt nourished and hydrated so I wouldn't hesitate to use again. 

All four of these were winners in the end!

@quspork each and every mask has completely peaked my interest!!

All of these sound just great @quspork .  It's tempting me to buy a few! 

That's why this thread is both fun and dangerous, @missjeanie... my list of "Ohhh that looks nice, guess I need to try it" just keeps growing haha!

@quspork I LOVE how the Milky Piggy Power Ranger mask sounds!!! The tack doesnโ€™t even scare me, just added it to my list to try๐Ÿฅฐ

10 Replies
testing