Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Iโ€™ve already sent the photos and am waiting to hear back, @ShortErica @WinglessOne. This response might take a little longer, I suspect.

I'm invested in seeing what they say so thanks for the tag @eshoe. ๐Ÿคž they respond quickly and have some info about it

I saw @WinglessOne post about this @eshoe. I'm so sad for you and everyone else who loved it. Boo!

@ShortErica if all goes well, only the scent has changed. If the formula has changed in how it reacts with other products ina skincare routine; thatโ€™s another story๐Ÿ˜ž

@ShortErica  That Miss Spa chocolate mask is super yummy smelling. I do recall it being pretty messy, so the makeup eraser is a great idea.

That's exactly it @PrettyPaint. I was wondering as I copied my notes over why a B+ and now I remember wishing it was easier to get out of the packet and onto my face. The makeup eraser tip from @lmaster has been a real gem!

P for prevention.... Murad Clarifying Mask is a sulfur mask that I enjoy. 10 minutes is all you need, and yes it does smells like sulfur, but not in a way that makes my eyes water. A weeeeee little bit goes a very long way. So the full price $40 USD isnโ€™t bad, and it does go on sale. I recommend it. 

74C78BC8-1603-4F9C-9D37-AF295A58E9A9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1A18F299-4CAB-4D73-8720-04F85F8B4B3F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart  Happy to hear this one's effective for you! I know I've seen a lot of this brand at TJ Maxx - I wonder if this will make it there eventually ๐Ÿ˜‰

Very interesting @Weetart I've never seen this one!

Glad to hear this is a good one! @Weetart 

Looks nice @Weetart and who doesn't love products that you can get on sale!

P is for Peripera 

41D85786-89D9-4158-A19A-11F9638C161C.jpeg

Spoiler

Peripera Juice Time Lemon Mask

This mask is thin and drenched with a gel serum, which also made it pretty difficult to unfold because it was just a slippery blob at the bottom of the package. It had a super light lemon scent that I had to actually stick my nose up to the package to smell, and was unnoticeable once the mask was on. It had a great fit โ€“ just a little long at the chin. It adhered well and was comfortable to wear the 30 minutes I had it on. I patted in the little bit of serum leftover, that was just very slightly tacky โ€“ but it all absorbed quickly. My face looked a little brighter and my skin felt soft and had a nice glow.

So far there hasn't been a mask from either the Juice Time or Smoothie Time line that I haven't liked! This isn't my most favorite from the line, but I definitely wouldn't hesitate using again!
4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg

Add long as it's not cleaning products version of lemon it sounds great @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Nope, no lemon cleaner scent here. I'm definitely not a fan of the citrus cleaner scented masks ๐Ÿ˜

This mask sounds pleasant @Shosh85. I'm generally a fan of those light scented masks. Interesting it has retinol in it. I feel like I don't see that in masks as much or maybe I just need to keep expanding my masking horizon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@ShortErica  I remember being a little surprised the first time I noticed retinol in the ingredients. It does seem like most masks that have retinol in it, will have the word retinol in the title or on the front somewhere.

Im definitely more of a fan of the light-scented masks. If its a fruity or honey scent though, I can tolerate it a little stronger ๐Ÿ˜‰

Catch up again - N & M / Sephora Collection week

I continued the Mediheal train with some awesome goodies from @keana1 - thank you!

20200930_111247.jpg20200930_111252.jpg20201002_092653.jpg20201002_092700.jpg

Spoiler
My faces
Spoiler
Lemon LimeLemon LimeAcai BerryAcai Berry
Both were similar (and good!) experiences. They have clear slightly sudsy serum. The scent level is light out of the bag and really can't be smelled during wear. The lemon lime smelled mostly lemon with some other citrus vibes too. The acai berry (hmm..have I ever smelled acai berry?) had an even lighter scent and was maybe mixed berry to my nose. The fit was great though there were a few spots with folding/puckering. I wore the lemon lime 30 and the acai berry 25. The 25 minute wear was better because the 30 min left the nose area too dry. The acai berry left a slight tack that faded within 5 minutes and I applied moisturizer after both. My skin looked bright and even. Another win for Mediheal and A-.

I planned to use both my Sephora Collection masks (I think these are the only two I have in my stash currently) - the nose strip and the almond foot masks - both from the kind and generous @faeriegirl. I'm a sucker for Biore so I had to compare.

20200928_094848.jpg20200928_094855.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200928_100718.jpg
The strip fit nicely but did have a fragrance - I think it was the witch hazel. It dried down and unfortunately I had mixed results with removal. Some of it was left on my nose and in areas that needed some TLC so that was a bummer. But other areas that removed cleanly pulled a lot of gunk and even a couple thicker ones which was super satisfying for my gross self. I'd try this again if it came into my life but will likely stick to a Biore strip on occasion. B+

My intention was to treat my feet during that weekend and well, the entire family got sick. My feet are actually quite soft though I haven't been doing anything to them so I'll save those booties for another time.

The sickness did give a great opportunity to bust out some steam eye patches. I went with this version which I'm pretty sure are also from @faeriegirl (otherwise I snagged them out of MOtM)

20201003_201401.jpg20201003_201408.jpg20201004_190226.jpg

I couldn't sleep in them but wore them for probably 30 minutes before bed. The heat was very soothing and did help with relaxing me while I tried to breathe. So happy to have a few other kinds from some generous BICers to try when I need this again!

@ShortErica  These masks sound so great! It's too bad they aren't easier to find! The packaging alone would make me want to buy them!

I love the steam eye masks, especially when I'm not feeling well - they are so comforting! They would make a great gift/stocking stuffer!

So sorry to hear everyone's sick! I hope you all start feeling better soon!

Thanks @Shosh85! I saw there were some on masksheets but when I click them it says "out of stock." Maybe one day I'll run across them. Here's hoping!

Those Mediheal masks look great, @ShortErica! The berry scent, especially so๐Ÿฅฐ

Yes! I'd love to run across this line in TJ Maxx or Marshalls @eshoe 

4 Replies
testing