Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

๐Ÿ˜‚ @itsfi. i just blame stuff like that on lack of sleep, stress, distracted. But you did have me singing the alphabet & still do everytime I need to put something in order 

@sonnydee, sadly, Iโ€™d say itโ€™s lack of sleep and stress; and Iโ€™m probably distracted by those two things as well. ๐Ÿคช It was so funny. It actually made me laugh and it was really good  to laugh. In fact, I keep chuckling every time I think about it @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Forget about fuzzy math; this is fuzzy alphabet at its best. ๐Ÿคฃ

When I help my niece wash her hands after a meal, we usually sing the โ€œHappy Birthdayโ€ song (or โ€œLet It Goโ€ when the mood strikes herโ€ ๐Ÿ˜†). The day after alphabet-gate happened, I had us sing the alphabet, which brought on โ€œwhy are we singing the alphabet song, auntie?โ€ Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Alphabet gate @itsfi @Loretta55 oh my gosh 

FlamboyantMeaslyCreature-size_restricted.gif

โ€ƒ

@lmaster, I mean, P after Q??? Thatโ€™s just scandalous! @Loretta55 @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

itsfi_0-1597872061363.gif

@Loretta55 @itsfi we have to have fun on Bic!! And trust me,,, with you two sweets,,, it's guaranteed ๐Ÿ˜†โ™ฅ๏ธ

Awwww thank you very much @lmaster @itsfi.

Iโ€™m never going to live it down @itsfi @lmaster . Donโ€™t worry I have a good sense of humor.

@Loretta55, it was you and me. We are in this together!!! @lmaster 

@itsfi that was so funny! Good times!! 

Oh nice, I have these in my stash, @itsfi - looking forward to using them now!

Hope they work out for you @eshoe.

@itsfi Definitely sounds like a relaxing masking session! Glad these worked out so great! Would you say these are more effective than the Sephora ones?

@Shosh85, I thought these Aveeno ones were better, which surprised me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™ll plan to use the Sephora Collection ones again very soon for a better comparison. I know I have a set of the older ones from Sephora and I have at least a foot mask from the new clean line, which Iโ€™ve yet to try. Stay tuned! 

Late post for the last couple of masks from last week's G & T group, with blueberries in the spotlight. 

T is for Tencel (Farmskin mask)  
G is for garden-variety (Secret Nature mask)  
Sheet Mask Focus: Tencel mask (or Farmskin refers to it as "HI-tencel")
BlueberriesBlueberries
Secret Nature Firming Blueberry Mask Sheet
Spoiler
This is your garden variety white, cotton sheet mask. These are daily gwps at couple of the local Asian beauty boutiques near me - buy 5 sheet masks of any brand, get any 5 of these Secret Nature masks free. I've passed on these gwps on quite a few occasions, largely to keep my sheet mask supply from really being over the top. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think there are 5 different varieties - aloe, coconut, lemon, rose and this one, blueberry. The coconut is probably my favorite one of this line in terms of results; the rose and blueberry ones for their scent. I can see most of these working nicely for daily masking as they are do what most sheet masks do - lightly hydrate and refresh skin. This blueberry varietal claims to yield some firming, but I don't think that's typically something that would be noticeable with one use. This blueberry mask has a lovely fruity scent and left my skin hydrated and with that fresh-faced brightness to it. The Secret Nature masks are sound mask - no frills and they do what you expect from a sheet mask. 
Farmskin Super Food Blueberry Strengthening Sheet Mask
Spoiler
Farmskin sheet masks have never let me down. It's really a question of which one I love more, as my skin has been happy with all the ones I've tried so far.  This Farmskin Super Food Blueberry Strengthening Sheet Mask checks off a lot of boxes for me. The soft, thin, lightweight, second-skin Tencel material, with its second skin feeling wraps lovingly around the contours of my face, adhering comfortably as it seals in the subtle, but natural, deliciously blueberry-scented, thin, watery essence, and leaving my skin feeling soft, bouncy and nicely moisturized after an half hour of wear. Like with other masks from the brand, this is a love and a definite repurchase. 
TonyMoly Blueberry Lip Balm
Spoiler
How cute is the packaging for this lip balm? TonyMoly has a few different varietals and if I don't have them all, I have most of them. ๐Ÿ˜ The balm itself feels hard in the container but applies easier and softer after it makes contact with the lips - it's easier for me to scoop out a little of the balm with a mini-spatula. The blueberry balm has a pink with a soft purple tint to it and leaves a slight sheen to the lips when applied. It's not a balm I would reach for in my evening routine or when I'm looking to infuse my lips with a load of hydration overnight, but it makes a nice balm in the mornings or for layering. Oh, and it smells pretty nice. The scent is very subtle and reminds me of a not too sweet candy.

Lol... @itsfi I was reading though and thought... what lip mask??? I didn't see that... Scroll back up... ohhh.  I just saw it as a blueberry lol. I like the farmskin 'salad' masks too... they're consistently good for me. 

Hahaha @missjeanie! They do a nice job of making it look like the real deal. Just a bit larger and plastic. ๐Ÿ˜† Farmskin salad masks are amazing!

@itsfi ๐Ÿ˜… I was looking at your pic,, thinking,,,"that blueberry cannot be real" then I set at the end, it was the lip balm!! How adorable is that!!

@lmaster, can you imagine a real blueberry that size?!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The line also includes a green apple, cherry, cherry tomato, and peach lip balm. ๐Ÿ˜ The peach ๐Ÿ‘ smells really good!

@itsfi I thought there were rare blueberries ๐Ÿ˜…

@itsfi The blueberry scent sounds lovely to me!

It was @tjffc! It wasnโ€™t overwhelming or artificial. 

testing