Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I agree @eshoe - I just don't understand eye flaps!

Iโ€™m too afraid to fold them over my lids,  @ShortErica. Definitely donโ€™t want serum dripping into my eyes๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Yes @eshoe, and even though I appreciate extra serum, I don't recall having a dryness problem with Creme shop masks that I'd need extra under my eyes. They usually are pretty soaked.

@eshoe so so cute!!! Eye flaps are a bit annoying at times

I forget that I should just snip them off and place them on my cheeks under the mask, @lmaster. That would be a hack out of a peeve, a win-win;)

@eshoe  I still haven't got around to trying out that Hello Kitty mask, but it's good to know I have something to look forward to! I'm happy to hear it turned out great for you - it sure looks cute! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜

If you sent it my way, thank you @Shosh85! I have two and I know I didnโ€™t buy them, but I didnโ€™t write on the back like I usually do๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

@eshoe  Haha! I think I've given this one out to a couple people, but honestly don't remember who ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ Either way, glad to hear is was a good for you! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oooh, this mask looks delightful, @eshoe!! Cute plus it works? Sounds like a winner.

It worked well enough for me, @haleyvvvv. a clean scent and nice shimmer, just right!

A is for AritaumAD3BE6C8-5544-4746-B6AC-0FF5D942FDA7.jpeg

Spoiler

Aritaum Seaweed Dustcut Brightening Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that was drenched with a super sudsy and slimy serum. It had a very light floral scent that wasn't too noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was pretty good - just a tiny bit too wide at the temples and a little too long at the chin. It felt comfortable while it was on and adhered well. I took it off after about a half hour. There was only the slightest bit of tack after removing that absorbed in less than 10 minutes. My face felt refreshed and looked a little brighter/less dull and had a nice glow.

This is a nice mask and I think I like it a bit more than the moisturizing one. I'd definitely use it again, but it just wasn't impressive enough to warrant a repurchase

DE82CF35-7570-4F7F-8581-90E3077AAB52.jpeg

@Shosh85, this sounds like a nice mask, with good results. Itโ€™s handy to have a mask on hand you know will perform well, even if itโ€™s not a must have. The packaging on this one is pretty. 

The packaging is so pretty @Shosh85! Sudsy and slimy sounds interesting.

@faeriegirl  Yeah, the serum was a bit different than I'm used to ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You definitely got my attention with your description of the serum @Shosh85 very interesting, the packaging is nice

@lmaster  Yup, suds and slime ๐Ÿ˜‰ I tried the moisturizing one too, and the serum in that one was more bubbly than slimy. ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85 I'm still very interested in this ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ

I donโ€™t know, @Shosh85 ... the sudsy and slimy serum๐Ÿ˜ณ The packaging is very appealing to

me, though. A little bit Matisse!

@eshoe  Haha! Yeah, the serum was a bit unique! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The packaging is nice - kind of calming ๐Ÿ˜Š and I can see why you thought of Matisse ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85  Aww sounds like a good mask!! 

@ather  It wasn't anything outstanding, but it was decent enough! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing