Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@itsfi @Mellmars1185   If I want to do things around the house with a foot mask on I seamit up and then put socks with grippy bottoms on over the plastic so I can move around safely. But mostly I give in and lay down cause the sensation of squishing between my toes is shudder inducing. 
alos peeling masks are the best but you really have to make sure you have a week and a half before any anticipated foot revealing.  It’s a gross process!  😆

@itsfi Thanks for the super helpful info. I like your idea to relax while masking. It is nice to be productive...but it is also rewarding to pause and enjoy self care and just relax. I think I may use my foot mask on the weekend and read (mask gifted by my Galentine @heartsmyface . It is the only sock mask I have and it is a peppermint and tangerine one 🍊. I beleive it is a regular mask. The exfoliating mask sounds really cool. I haven't been for a pedicure in years so I should probably look into getting one. The other foot mask O have comes in a tube by Whish which is also a regular mask.

@Mellmars1185  The one I gave you is a foot soothing mask for achy feet!  They smell like a spa! 

@heartsmyface Oo that sounds lovely. I really like that spa scent. It is so relaxing. I have to do some painting today and then I am relaxing...I want to try it out!

@Mellmars1185, masking can be highly conducive to both multi-tasking and being productive, on the one hand, or having a self-care moment. I go back-and-forth on which approach to take and it usually turns on what kind of day it has been, or how much more things on my 'to do' list I really need to address. But the self-care side of it is oh so nice! I hope you are able to get in your foot mask this weekend. @heartsmyface has excellent taste in masks so I've no doubt it will be a good one. A foot mask and a good back sounds like a wonderful way to spend some down time. 

Well I did better than expected I ended with 29 foils! Most of the ones I had picked were a form of acid which my skin hasn’t been tolerating. So I ended up using products that would not irritate my skin. Along the way I did end up with some rashes and irritated skin. I can’t say I found any new favs in the bunch but I used a few old favs and current favs! Which made it a bit easier to get to my goal! I am going to set aside another 28 to use in March. 

81405A3B-4B01-44DC-A70D-9883C95F63F6.jpeg

@ather Excellent progress! I can't wait to hear about your March foils.

I ended up going through more foils in Feb also to balance out the acids. I also had some irritation. 

Once I go through all of my empties for February I will have a better idea of how many I went through. 

I hope your skin feels better!

@Mellmars1185  Good job!!! My skin is feeling better today!! Can’t wait to see how you do in March! 

Wow! You go @ather! That's an awesome number of foils for February and very cool that you're going to aim for the same in March. It's always interesting to see what types of products make up a good portion of your foils stash. I used to have a lot of acids in mine too but now, I only have a few. Ooh, old and current faves? Curious to know which ones fit into those categories? 😍 I love hearing about people's favorite products. 

@itsfi  Right now I have a lot of acids left or peel type of products. If I choose a foil I only try and choose ones I can use. So mostly hair care. So I have a bunch of hair foils too. My last few orders either were missing foils or I forgot so that’s helping me keep mine down too!! 

My current favs are the Summer Fridays Mini Jet Lag Mask + Moisturizer 1 oz/ 29 mL  Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Gel Cream Moisturizer 1.70 oz/ 50 mL 

My old favs are OUAI Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair 8 oz/ 236 mL OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent 

I am sure I am missing a few too!! 

@ather, oooh, thanks for jogging my memory. 😀 I have foils of the SF CC serum. Will set it aside for another month. 

@itsfi  I like SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum  and Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  equally. I just finished my bottle of SC and now I’m using the SF. I haven’t used the SF for 2 bottles of the SC so I think it was time to change it up again! 

I am happy to report that as of bedtime today, I will have completed all of my 19 February foils plus a few more. For March, I have selected 26. I am running out of cleansers, so I am wondering if this Kora sample counts as a foil? I have 26 to get through for March. Here are my selections!

20230228_170158.jpg

20230228_171043.jpg

Nice work for February @Mellmars1185😀 This is an impressive group of foils for March! I'll be particularly interested in knowing your thoughts on the Dae shampoo and conditioner and the Shu Uemura hair mask / treatment. 

@itsfi Thanks! I am excited to try the colour treatment. I went on a break for colouring my hair for about 2 years and kept trimming the ends to get rid of any bleach. In the fall last year, I added some highlights without bleach, and the colour has lasted. I wonder if this will give them extra shine ? I will let you know what the results are! 

@Mellmars1185  Wow great job!!!! The Kora definitely counts!!! I see so many great products in the one s you picked!! Are they all new to you or some are loves?

@ather Thank you! Most of them are new. I have not tried the colour treatment in the hair section. In the skincare section, i have tried Exfolikate, Wishful Cream, kiehls retinol and bump eraser. The rest is new! I am excited to try them out 😊

Wow you're hitting your goals with this challenge! @Mellmars1185 🥳 Right on!‌👊

I know I started late this month so I got a quick start the last week and saw the mid month check ins and thought I should do the same to see where I was fairing for finishing the month.

I had 27 items set aside and I've finished off 12.  I have another 5 in progress at the moment and 10 more that I have yet to get going on.  Like @itsfi I had a couple in there that i knew I could work in easily and I have a few that are going to be more of a challenge for sure. So far I'm happy with my progress and with the challenge poking me to do some more sheet masking!

@missjeanie  Great job!!! I’m setting aside 28 for march too so if you want to roll into another month!! This has been a great way to use up foils for me!

@ather I was away for work last week and I fell short of finishing all my foils by one!  I'm going to snap some photos tomorrow, but I'm very down for another month!  I liked having worked in some sheet masks to keep me up on that as well.  And naturally I might have a few more foils around lol

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos117
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg