Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@missjeanie   Yay I’m so excited that you are interested in another foil challenge!! Yay! I will pick out my foils tonight but I may not get to taking a picture till Monday! Can’t wait to see your picks! 

Oh I'm excited to see what you pick as well @ather !  I picked some out last night/this morning.  Will post tonight or tomorrow!

Way to go @missjeanie 🥳 That's progress!

@missjeanie Great progress and check-in. Thanks for the reminder - I need to check in to keep myself accountable. I also should be masking more. I used to make time for it. Lately, I have been busy, but I want to try to do it at least twice per week. Keep up the great self care!

That’s awesome progress @missjeanie! 😃 I find it can be so hard to gauge how many uses I’ll get out of a foil. There are some that seem to be never ending (looking right at you, Eminence neck cream and Guerlain L’Or primer samples 😝) and then there are some that have juuuust enough for one use! 

Yes to more sheet masking! 👍🏼 My skin seems to have changed a bit so that daily sheet masking is not as easy to do as before. Just an observation. Makes me have to work double time to keep from picking up more sheet masks. 

@itsfi Yes!  It's so hard to know how many uses I'll get out of some.  I'm feeling on track for this month so far... Fingers crossed I can keep up for the rest of the month!

🤞🏼🤞🏼 @missjeanie! You’ve got this!! 

Mid-month update. 

February Foils Challenge - update.jpg

Following @ather's lead, I'm checking in with where I am mid-month with the foil challenge. Currently, I'm ahead of schedule with the foils at 18 (unless you count the individually wrapped nail polish remover pads I've been going through, then I'm really ahead but I'm not counting those for this challenge since I didn't include them in the foils challenge). As for my daily sheet masking efforts, I'm just barely keeping up.  

Thank you for the update @itsfi your doing good!

I did that too, I used products I was familiar with first, so I didn't have to worry too much about interaction/reactions with products in my routines. With new to you products it gets more tricky 😅

Tricky indeed, @CynthieLu! Gone are the days when I can swap out a new skincare product daily ... oh wait, I never had days when I could do that. 😂🤣😂 The skincare lover in me *might* have tried on several occasions to do just that, and failed over and over and over again. 😳 I've learned my lessons, the hard way. Stick to what my skin knows and likes, and intro new things after a patch test one at a time with lots of time in between. 

18 is super impressive @itsfi !  Daily masking in itself is a wow, doing that AND using up foils... dang!

Ahhh, thank you @missjeanie, but I sorta stacked the deck in my favor - there are only 6, maybe 7, new-to-me products in this batch so I’m more comfortable with using up what makes up the majority of goodies in the bin. 😆 This way I’m not intro’ing new items every day. My skin likes me more when I space out new products. 

@itsfi @I was thinking along the same lines as well when I chose my stash. A few new, a few older, a few I know. 

@missjeanie, I think having a variety is helpful for the challenge. It’s like sheet masking or having ice cream in the house - options are never a bad thing. 😂 

@itsfi Great progress. Masking daily would be wonderful. I find i only fit it in on the weekends.

Getting in time to mask whenever you can is a great way to go about it @Mellmars1185! Are you finding that you reach for the same mask(s)  every weekend or do you have a mix of them that you choose from as the mood (or your skin’s mood) dictates?

@itsfi I am masking usually after running my errands and cleaning on the weekends. I usually wash my face in the mornings and use serums and spf. Then i have to wash them off to put the mask on. Then i wash my face again before bed. When I think about it, I feel like I am wasting product. Maybe it would be better to do as part of my bedtime routine so there is less washing and rinsing off product. The type of mask I use dependss on my mood lol. I am still trying to figure out my skin as it is unpredictable.

Yeah @Mellmars1185, finding a good time in your routine to get it in can be challenging. If you're using a sheet mask, would you have time to use one after your serums and before your SPF?

@itsfi Yes I can. Great idea. I can make that adjustment in my schedule. Thank you 😊💓. I will try that tomorrow. It is Family Day tomorrow where I live, so we have a long weekend. Self care Monday!

Yaaay for long weekends! Happy Family Day to you and yours @Mellmars1185! I hope you have a very restful and rejuvenating self care Monday. Pamper away! 😍

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos117
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg