Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

These are flipping cute! @itsfi 

The blue is a beautiful colour. If it gave you a bit of trouble, you can not tell at all. The final result is soo pretty 🩵

Aww, thank you @CynthieLu. I still have some learning to do to master fuller looking flower petals, but I am happy with how this mani turned out. 

I L-U-V your mani, @itsfi , and your daisies are the best! 💙🌷💙  Your nail shape looks wonderful.  Too bad the blue polish was a little finicky, but what do you want?  Perfection? 😄  This was my avatar(?) For the longest time.  Enjoy a bouquet of daisies for your great mani!

daisy-white.jpg

What a beautiful bunch of daisies @Titian06! Thank you! They bring a big smile to my face. 😊 Cool choice for an avatar too. Your current one is super cute! Good choices all around. 👍🏼 

lol! The baby blue polish is such a beauty. 💙 I apply two coats out of habit so I can definitely live with the streaks with the first coat. 

ooh so cute and fun for spring @itsfi !

I want spring to stick around @Kim888, so if the weather's not fully on board, I'll make spring happen with my mani. 😆

@itsfi 

Aaaahhhh, this is fabulous all around 😍 That bright blue is the perfectly backdrop for the sweetest little daisies ever! 🌼🌼🌼

Thank you @RGbrown! My flower petals don't have the fullness or flourish that I see on the beautiful manicures on IG but I'm just happy that they are looking a little more like petals than before. 😄 I found a couple of YT videos that showed a couple of techniques to achieve a fuller look so I may give those a try ... at some point.

That's so cute and springy, @itsfi!

@CookieGirl1, thank you. I'm ready for spring. We've seen some rain still but the sun comes out more these days to make it seem more like spring - I'm willing it to stay that way through my mani. 😃

@itsfi  That is such a bummer the Gucci Daisy blue was not as good as the other ones you have. I wonder if it’s because it’s more of a pastel if that’s why it gave you a bit more trouble. I have a few pastels that are a bit more troublesome! Super smart idea to tone down the yellow. I think this is so perfect! I love this daisy look! Daisys are one of my favourite flowers. The other is bird of paradise but that flower might be harder to make into a mani! 

Thank you @ather! Ahhh, I think you're onto something with this being a pastel shade. It's one of the 3 newer colors to the line - no streaky issues with the fuchsia one; I'll have to see what the beige-y shade is like but I somewhat expect some sheerness on the initial layer from those types of shades. Will keep you posted.

Daisies are such joyful flowers. 😊 Love seeing clusters of them in a garden or a bouquet. Oooh, the bird of paradise is so captivating! I can just imagine the mess I'd make if I tried to do a bird of paradise design on my nails 😂; it's probably a design that would be better if my nails were longer. That said, I think the orange and blue shades would make a gorgeous pairing for a mani. Oh!! #inspired

@itsfi  I agree. Might be hard to pull off. But I bet an abstract birds of paradise might be pretty. I wonder if I have the right colours here. Maybe I need to try it out! I bet you would do a beautiful job if you tried! 

You should definitely try it @ather. Do you have chrome powders for those colors? I can imagine it being stunning with a chrome finish. 😍

I found a YT video with a bird of paradise design; they make it look so easy. Will have to check my stash this or next weekend and see if it’s something I can put together. 

@itsfi  I have like the white or clearish one. I would call it a dupe for the opi tin can man. That’s the one HB uses on all her manis.  It works with all the colours. I also have a silver one which make’s basically any colour silver and I have one that is an iridescent with pink blue green in it. I think it would work with any of the colours too!! I just got some new neons that would play nice together to make it a full skittle nails 💅 

Love the colour @itsfi! I had this exact blue in mind for the future. Taking note of this one. 💙

Thank you @JoSometimes! Blues are such a beautiful polish shade. I feel like with this one, my stash of blues is good - though that might not stop me from picking up a few more blues along the way. 😄

@itsfi I love this mani! The blue is soooo pretty 🩵. The daisy design looks just perfect with the blue. I like the round nails. I personally always end up filing my nails round because when they are more square, the corners always chip on me. 

@Mellmars1185, finding a baby blue I like is usually a challenge - some are too pale, others not pale enough but this one is beautiful. 💙 I also like that it has a semi-glossy finish before a top coat.

Your nail length is always an ideal one and I love the look of yours with a rounded look. Nail care is something I've been working on for a while and I'm hoping to get back to a place where the length can stay consistently on the long-ish side. 🤞 Usually I go with a square-round shape (or is it called squoval?); it works best for me when my nails are just a smidge longer than stubby but not something I'd characterized as long, which is most of the time. I've tried a square shape but for some reason, it's the shape that on me tears the easiest and fastest. 😕

These two don't quite fit together the way I thought they would in my head, but I think they are a fabulous pairing nonetheless 💖

Orly Dynamism: bronze shimmer with contrasting pink aurora. I thought the pink would "flash" a little more, but it gives this otherwise brown polish a nice warm glow that I'm really digging on. Easy two coater.

KBshimmer What's Poppin': bright pink jelly with silver holo flakes and aurora gold/green/blue shimmer. I am head over heels for green/blue shimmers lately, and it's a fantastic addition to this bright and sunny pink. Three coats for opacity, not fussy though. 

IMG_20230411_184227053.jpg

I missed the sun by about 10 minutes, so I guess this is "bright dusk" lighting lol

IMG_20230411_184254941.jpg

Indirect light

IMG_20230411_184308571.jpg

Another angle of indirect light helps show a little of the pink in the Orly and some green in the KBS. The blue shift is a bit shy, sadly, can't seem to catch it on camera, but it's gorgeous...it gives a purple cast over the pink

Wow... that shift.... 😍😍😍😍 Gorgeous @RGbrown!

1 Reply
testing