Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Monthly Manicure Challenge 2024

Welcome to the Monthly Manicure Challenge! There’s a lot of great manicure ideas and inspiration here on BIC. I find challenges are a great way to channel that inspiration, push me out of my comfort zone, and try new styles or colours I wouldn’t normally go for. It’s a great way to grow in skill and artistry. I hope you’ll join me on this journey.

All are welcome, whether you’re a pro or a novice like me, or if you have a favourite manicurist that is the only one you trust with your hands. You’re welcome to post as often or as little as you like, post late, or skip challenges completely. And feel free to post them on Show Me Your Nails 2.0 too!

April 2024 - April Showers

I’m sure we all know how the idiom goes: “April showers bring May flowers.” So let’s see your water themed manicures this month!

And it doesn’t have to be typical blues for water either. Feel free to try techniques that involve water in some way! Hydrodipping, water marbling, droplet effects, etc… Feel free to try any of these and show us the results!

See My Original Post That Started This Challenge Here

Spoiler

I’ve been a part of BIC for a while now. I’ve seen makeup, skincare, and photography challenges, which have been great for giving me inspiration, but nothing for mani’s. I love Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 because it’s given me lots of inspiration, pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me grow in my skills and artistry. I’d probably be stuck doing the same looks if it weren’t for that. I know we have Show Me Your Nails 2.0 which has been a great source of inspiration. I don’t want to take away from it but rather give myself and others a way to narrow down all the great ideas from it and get outside of my comfort zone (which has been bright colours and sparkly toppers lately)

Would there be any interest in starting a challenge for mani’s? We could have a different theme every month or even twice a month so that people can wear their mani’s out without worrying about missing one. People could always revisit themes if they miss them but still want to participate. I’m happy to organize it and if people have ideas for themes, I’m happy to work them in. What do you all think? Let me know if we should go one or twice a month and any themes you might want to see. 

Tagging some people but feel free to tag others who I missed or who you think might be interested.

@RGbrown @Titian06 @itsfi @CynthieLu @ather @jaaayp @Saradestin @Mellmars1185 @WinglessOne @Samtian 

Previous Challenges

Spoiler
May 2023 - May Flowers
June 2023 - Child At Heart
July 2023 - Fireworks/Canada Day/Fourth of July
August 2023 - A Day At The Beach
September 2023 - We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Program: TV/Movie Inspired Manicures
October 2023 - Trick or Treat! Halloween-Inspired Mani’s
November 2023 - Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
December 2024 - Happy Holidays: Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Years!
January 2024 - New Year Newness
February 2024 - Love and Fortune
March 2024 - Spring Cleaning

Upcoming Challenegs (*Spoiler Alert!* ⚠️ Click at your own risk!)

Spoiler
May 2024 - May Flowers

In Case You’re Interested In Other Challenges

Re: Monthly Manicure Challenge 2023

Thank you @Cissy63! This one is from Clionadh’s Deep Sea Treasures set. 

They are so pretty @JoSometimes ! 🧡🧡🧡

Thank you so much @Saradestin! It’s also great to see you back here again!

Thank you @JoSometimes ! 🥰

Oooh these are strong firey vibes @JoSometimes Katniss would approve 🐦 (Btw I love ring of fire, it's stunning!)

Thanks @CynthieLu! It’s actually a nice polish. I originally paired it with a red accent but it just didn’t match. I’m excited to try out the last of the set. Maybe next weekend. 

September - TV / Movie Inspired Manicures

Before heading downtown for some, let's say "errands" 😉, I decided to go for a Barbie-inspired shade. I've not seen the movie, but getting glimpses of everyone's Barbie-esque nails last month nudged me (along with @jaaayp's support for a bright and bold mani) to see what I had in my polish pile. This was from a Zoya haul I made in the spring that I completely forgot all about. Whoops. 😬 I'll post that set to the hauls thread later this week, along with whatever I *might* pick up while running "errands" today. 😝 🛍

Indoor with natural lightIndoor with natural light

Outdoor, natural lightOutdoor, natural light

This is Zoya Zelli, a bright, bold, neon pink, aptly described by the brand as a Dragron Fruit pink. 💗 This is two coats and before a top coat. It has a slight shine to it in the photo but in real life, the shine does dry away and once the color is completely dry, it takes on a demi matte finish. I just add a top coat (Glisten & Glow) and the shine comes back, even brighter than before! 😊

OMG this color is aaaaabsolutely gorgeous! Totally reminds me of dragon fruit! I haven't seen the barbie movie either and probably won't until I can stream it but I totally see it!! I will always support your bright bold colors while I stay in line with my neutrals 😂😂😂 @itsfi 

Right @jaaayp??! It made me want some dragonfruit. I even went to the store over the weekend but they didn't have any. ☹️ Not the one with the red rind / skin or the yellow one. Ahhhh, I'm a neutrals girl at heart but love to play with the brights, especially when trying out different nail art designs. 

Really good movie inspired manicure @itsfi !! 😃

Thank you @Saradestin! I love the vibrancy of the bold colors but don't wear them very often. This one though is definitely a keeper. A new summertime fave! 

Definitely screams Barbie @itsfi

You could also totally make it look like a dragon fruit by combining it with @jaaayp‘s black speckles. 

So true @JoSometimes. For a dragon fruit theme, I'd add a pearly white polish to one or two nails and then go in with a speckled topper. I have one that I used a couple years ago, on a neutral nude base and loved the effect. @jaaayp's mani reminded me how much I loved that topper. I'm pretty sure it's packed away, so I won't be using that again, but I may have something similar that is within arm's reach. 

Ive been binging on the 2000s show "cold case" and it's definitely not 90s but close enough 😂 I was inspired by all the muted color makeup the cast and guest stars wear. Really gravitating these browns/rosey browns!

20230903_143431.jpg

20230903_143446.jpg

@jaaayp - I didn't realize your mani was inspired by Cold Case!  That was one of my favorite shows! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 I loved that show. It came out when I was in High School. My aunt came to visit a year ago and her and my mom were watching some episodes. It hit a lot different now that I am older and have a different view on life. I would get so angry and depressed during some episodes I had to get up and leave the room lol.

@Titian06 @jaaayp mine too! 📺 

OMG you guys too?!?! I LOVE Detective rush. She's definitely vibes. A bunch of their shots are like color filtered and I was totally like 💅👀 📺 @itsfi @Titian06 

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!! 😍 I really like them!

Thank yooous @Saradestin I miss your nails!!

I have zero browns in my collection but now I’m inspired to keep an eye out for one.

And that length @jaaayp! I can’t believe nothing’s happened yet!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_20230516_151537103.jpg
  • 20230517_201512.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175733179.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175528998.jpg
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
  • 20230519_091345.jpg