Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!

TeamBIC_0-1709311651362.png

We’re kicking off March right by bringing back the BIC’s favorite beauty bracket challenge – Makeup Madness! 😉 For the fourth year in a row, we’re putting makeup-related categories to the test by asking Community members to pick their favorite between two every week. At the end of the bracket, we’ll know which makeup category will earn this year’s Community Champion crown. 👑

In past years, Mascara, Lipstick, and Eyeshadow have earned the honorable title of Makeup Madness winner. This year, we’re bringing eight fresh categories into the frenzy – we’ll reveal them slowly and keep a visual of the current bracket updated below! 

Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!

To vote in Makeup Madness, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product within that category that you love! For example, the sparkle and shine queen @AlexBT might respond with, “Lip oil! One of my favorites is Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany." 

On your marks … get set … go! New voting rounds begin on Fridays, and end the following Thursday at 2pm Pacific Time:

• ROUND 1 (3/1 – 3/7): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Tinted Lip Balm
  • ROUND 2 (3/8 – 3/14): Brushes (👑) vs. Sponges
  • ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Contour Stick
  • ROUND 4 (3/22 – 3/28): Eyelash Curler (👑) vs. Eyeshadow Primer
  • ROUND 5 (3/29 – 4/4): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Brushes
  • ROUND 6 (4/5 – 4/11): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Eyelash Curler
  • FINAL ROUND (4/12 – 4/18): Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/19): Cream Blush!

Hit “Reply” below to vote for your personal pick in this week’s makeup category match up and tag your favorite by using the “#” symbol! Don’t forget to check back in for each week’s results and to participate in the next round of voting. 😊

UPDATE 4/19/24: Thanks to everyone who voted in this year's Makeup Madness Challenge! Our 2024 champion is none other than Cream Blush, and lots of you tagged your favorites in the replies. 🧡 In honor of our winning category, here are the five top-tagged cream blushes of Makeup Madness 2024.

1. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo 
  2. LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks 
  3. Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush 
  4. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 
  5. Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick 

And just for fun, here's a look at some of the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – FINAL ROUND: Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush

Cream blush for sure 👍💕😝

I thought this would come down to brushes vs cream blushes, which would have yielded in several typos and straight up angst.  That being said ..

Cream Blush!  I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of BASMA The Cream Blush Cherry Red ♥️ 🍒 at the moment

@danielledanielle Oh I'm so curious to hear how you like the Basma!  I've heard some say it's a much more emollient formula... I was looking but decided I need to either swatch in person or get some more trusted reviews. 

I like it a lot @missjeanie , but I would swatch it in person just to see how you like it.  It is very emollient and I have a dry patch on each cheekbone, but it was fine.  I layer my blushes and highlighters a lot, so I think that was also a plus because it just blended easily into the other products.

Hahah @danielledanielle That would have been an interesting finale. I also thought the same!

Still cream blush for the win! A few more favorites- MAKEUP BY MARIO Soft Pop Blush Stick Earthy Pink is a beautiful neutral, so natural looking and the brush at the end is a bonus! Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Dream Hour - cutest Barbie pink. A bit of a cheat is using TOM FORD Soleil Neige Lip Blush Lip Balm which turns into a smooth light pink and it works so well as a blush in a pinch! Long-lasting and not sticky either. (Trying not to pout that no lipsticks proper are a part of this! 😆

Cream blush. I know—I KNOW—“whaaaat how are you not voting for a ‘lippie’ to win it all?!” 😅 But see, the “lippie” in question is lip oil. Y’all know I’m a longtime lipstick addict, but lip oil is not one of my favorite products and I’m still not convinced it’s necessary when sheer lip gloss still exists. Sure, I like Ami Colé’s lip oil. But if you put a lip oil and lip gloss in front of me, I’ll pick the gloss 99% of the time. And since I use a fantastic lip balm, I don’t need to rely on a lip oil to moisturize my lips. 

Cream blush, on the other hand, is always welcome! And speaking of Ami Colé, I don’t think I’ve tagged Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick yet. Also, the cream blush in Natasha Denona Bloom Cheek Palette 0.48 oz/ 13.7 g is still one of my favorites. 

Also: I’m still surprised that lip oil beat brushes in round 5. I can see using fingers to apply just one or two eyeshadows to the entire lid as a “one (or two) and done” eye look. But seeing many people’s eye looks, I have a hard time believing brushes weren’t necessary. 😂 Then again, this comes from someone who has more brushes than necessary so you know, don’t mind me and my desire to contest that round’s results. 🤣

When I think of lippies and you @WinglessOne I think of those really amazing photos of your collection you shared in that thread last year. I'm curious how many oils vs glosses you have in your collection, I don't expect an answer but from what you've said I imagine the scales heavily tipping away from oil's. 😉😉

@CynthieLu  Heh, I have a grand total of 4 lip oils, and 2 of those (Ami Colé clear and Haus Labs clear) were gifted by Sephora.  The other 2 are a tinted Ami Colé and a NYX Fat Oil, and I’m not fond of the latter. I do also have the click stick version of NYX’s lip oil, but I don’t call it a lip oil; it’s more of a gloss stick.  

Early last year, I had 105 lip glosses (excluding all my solid glossy click sticks). That number’s grown but I haven’t done a recount. 🤦‍♀️

That's how I pictured it, just a handful of oils maybe. 😉 @WinglessOne (I loved my Ami Cole until I left it in my pocket for a wash/dryer incident. Such a bummer 💔)

I'm soo impressed that you know your collection so well to recall the numbers fun your last count. 

@CynthieLu  Nah, I have all the numbers written down. 😉 There’s no way I’d remember exact counts of my lipstick hoard, especially by category. I also have an ongoing spreadsheet catalog, which is supposed to help me not buy 2 of the exact same lipstick. And it would, were I better at updating it. 

Sorry to hear about your Ami Colé accident! Hope you can replace it someday. 

If Ami Cole ends up on Sephora Canada I can see myself replacing it. It was a staple for my work apron. I replaced it with something else but it don't enjoy it as much as A.C's

Your data base is so smart. I wouldn't have ended up with 2 of the same nail polishes if I took the time to makes one. 😉 @WinglessOne 

That's a really good one @curlychiquita 👌👌

I wonder who's going too take it for the final win??  This is going to be a tough one to pick.

I have to go with lip oil! Dior Lip Glow Oil is always in my bag!

I thought you might tag a D'ior lip oil for this vote @faeriegirl 💝 I imagine your purse makeup bag being so phenomenal. 😍

def lip oil!!

Cream blush 🙌🏼 too many favs to tag them all tho 😝

Cream blush for sure! I never used to wear blush but then I tried the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush and now I’m obsessed!! 

Same, def a fav of mine!!

Cream Blush for sure!!!

testing