Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 5 - Lip Liner vs. Face Primer

Definitely Team Primer!  I very rarely ware lip liner; and when I do, it reminds me why I don't.  😄  My current fave is Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Universal .  I've been testing a deluxe sample of Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL .  Aside from the scent, it's pretty nice.

Primer all day. My go to warm weather primer is Supergoop! Mineral Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.5 oz / 45 mL 

I could honestly vote either way, because I will do looks without either, but I do use face primer more so than lip liner.  Primer currently in rotation is MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide .33 / 10 mL 

Call me crazy, but lip liner. 

My makeup still looks good and holds without primer and just a post-wash toner, but my lipstick is a mess without lip liner. My go-to Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Lip Liner Bad Blood , Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Lip Liner Hex . Ready to cast an unpopular vote lol.

Face primer most definitely! My favorite face primer is ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Secure The Sweat Waterproof Mattifying Primer 1 oz / 30 g .

Saaaaaaame @SportyGirly125 

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 4 - Eyeshadow vs. Eyeliner

We have results from Round 4 — EYESHADOW took the crown in a landslide victory! Thanks for tagging those favorites, BIC. 

Now we're coming back to a bracket pairing of winners from previous weeks: lip liner vs. face primer. What a matchup! Which makeup product are you voting for? 

Eyeshadow for me 😍. I almost veered to eyeliner. But, even though I have not been motivated to do an eyeshadow look, I love eyeshadow! I used this during the holidays as a quick pick-me-up: 

Close, but can't tag it, the Diamond of the First Water PAT McGRATH LABS Bridgerton MTHRSHP: Belle of the Ball Eyeshadow Palette  

That's a beautiful palette @Buootiful

And if you were (hypothetically of course, because yes, team eyeshadow!) to veer towards eyeliner, which would be your favorite(s)?

I have debated long and hard about this, and I think I am landing in the LINER family!! Why? Because my eyelids are oily and it ends up smudging and looking like shadow anyway 😁  For this no makeup makeup gal, I like the Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'N' Kohl Eyeliner Pencil Smokey Grey ! It's very smudgy and almost veering into eyeshadow stick territory. 

ROUND 4: Eyeshadow vs. Eyeliner   

I'm 0-3 in the previous first rounds 😞😂 so I'm not sure if that streak will continue 😬 with this last first round match-up @TeamBIC! I've only started getting back into eyeliner recently - for the longest time, I had one HG eyeliner and when it was discontinued a couple of years ago, I reached other eyeliners a lot less frequently. Eyeshadows, on the other hand, have been something I reach for more often. 

Round 4 - Eye Liner vs Foundation.jpg

Both the Bobbie and Natasha Denona Biba Eyeshadow Palette (can't seem to tag this full-size Biba palette) are part of my Pan It! - 2023 Challenge, with this year being the 4th year the Biba palette is in my project pan. I like the Biba palette and it has been a great one to pan, but it's not my favorite. My favorite eyeshadows would be the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette as far as palettes go. 😍 I like it so much that I'm contemplating picking up another one, as a backup, which I have never done with it comes to eyeshadow palettes. For single shadows, it's Burberry Pale Barley (though I think it's been discontinued).

@itsfi oh wow remember when they used to have those small Burberry sets here on Sephora around the holidays and they would go so fast! I think I have one that's unopened - I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

I loved those Burberry sets @niki172! ♥️ I was always intimidated by the red or oxblood lip shades they’d include in them but those sets included some beautiful products! 😍 Talking about them is making me wonder whether I should rummage through the boxes I put away to find my Burberry makeup. I’m pretty sure I have a few (ummm, just a few 😆) unopen items. 

Looking ahead, I’m already dreading the matchups coming down the pipeline… 

That's true forshadowing, they are going to be tough! @JoSometimes 

Im gonna have to go with eyeliner because I rarely use eye shadow 😂. I really like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Rockstar also in the shade zero. 

@brooklynb2, the UD eyeliner shade range is gorgeous! Rockstar is such a pretty dark plum color. 

Cool @brooklynb2 , there's four of us now!  TEAM EYELINER!

Ohhh this is tough, but I'm gonna go eyeliner! My favorite is SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Wink-It Felt Tip Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner 02 Cup a Joe 

@GeorginaBT, I've been impressed with these Sephora Collection liner - I have three so far - green and navy, which I picked up last year and the black one (gratis). The coffee lover in me totally needs this "Cup of Joe" liner. 😁 I may have to add it to my spring sale shopping list. 🛍

1 Reply
testing