Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 3 - Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer

I got to go with foundation on this one @TeamBIC  - unfortunately you guys don't carry my Chanel foundation (Les Bieges super dry skin friendly). But I do like the coverage of the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Skin Undetectable Longwear Foundation 

I could never use a tinted moisturizer in place of foundation when I need to go to an event, but I can always wear a light coverage foundation when I don’t need a lot. Foundation is more versatile for me personally. My favorite at the moment is Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation .

@TeamBIC  I’m team foundation, but like many have commented it was a tough choice!

PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation 

I am voting Team Foundation.  Even though it’s coming into the time of year I usually wear a skin tint.

But most of the time it’s foundation. I need the coverage it provides.

Right now my best favorite one is 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation 3cool

Now see, "Tinted Moisturizer" is an unfair category because it includes a lot of tinted sunscreens that are SPF 30+ and contain at least one good moisturizing ingredient. (By "tinted," I mean a tint that's actually visible on skin, not a tint that's just meant to hide zinc oxide's white/grey cast and not be super evident on skin.) I quit liquid/cream foundation a few years ago. But I still use powder foundations to tame a sunscreen's shine or cast, or just to blur the lines between my skin tones, so I can't quickly write off the whole "Foundation" category. Plus, there are skin tints containing little (below 30) or no SPF that can count as Foundation, like Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint which I've tried a few times. 

So now I'm trying to decide what I use more often: tinted sunscreens or powder foundations. I rotate through many sunscreens all year, and most of them are not tinted. And I apply powder foundation over the super shiny or very white/grey-cast ones. The more I talk through this, I think my vote has to go to: 

Foundation. And it pains me a bit to write that. 

Sephora US doesn't sell some of my favorite powder foundations, but a very recently discovered love is SEPHORA COLLECTION MicroSmooth Baked Powder Foundation . 

@WinglessOne it was a real tough decision between this two, i had to really debate with myself to make a choice. I wonder who's going to win this week 🫣

I don't know why I reacted to this pair up like this:

giphy

It hurts because I really love my Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 , but I gotta go Team Foundation for my Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation 

@danielledanielle lol 😆 

@danielledanielle  My reaction exactly. 🤣 

It was going too well, I suppose 🤣 @WinglessOne 

@TeamBIC Tinted moisturizer for me NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  

@SportyGirly125 a classic!

As much as I love a good tinted moisturiser, I am going to go with foundation. My tried and true is Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Foundation. No matter what other products I am trying, I come back to this one again and again. I believe they recently reformulated, so I picked up a backup while I could. Hopefully the new formula is just as wonderful!

Team Tinted moisturizer all the way!! I love a product that looks like second skin , evens out my skin and is super glowy , I’ve been loving the tower 28 tinted moisturizer and the YSL one they apply so evenly , are buildable and don’t stick to my dry patches!! The YSL one is a little more matte coverage but I love them both!! #teamtintedmoisturizer #tower28 #YSL

This one is tough, since I wear both for different occasions. However, being forced to choose one, I’d pick tinted moisturizer. Today I am wearing ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Formosa ST4 for a nice no makeup makeup look. It’s been my favorite lately. 

Team foundation hands down!

I just finished my bottle of Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 . My coworkers couldn’t believe that I was even wearing foundation that is how skin like it appears. I wear shade 3C.

I just started wearing Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium Coverage Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid 11 Cool (I wear shade 4 medium).

Definitely Team Foundation!  I need the coverage, evening out, and mattifying benefits of a foundation.  These are my faves and are in rotation:

LYS Beauty Triple Fix Serum Foundation LN3 

Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 0N Neutral 

Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation in no. 2

I would definitely go with foundation. Love my Haus Labs foundation, it’s so skin like and also has many skin benefits which is a plus!  The other foundation I am really enjoying is the Hourglass Ambient soft glow foundation.

HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 100 Light... 

Hourglass Ambient Soft Glow Foundation 

Tinted Moisturizer 

testing