Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Vote for your Faves in the Ultimate Beauty Bracket!

@itsfi  Beautiful picture!!! I am totally with you. I don’t always wear lip liner!! Team plumper all the way!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Vote for your Faves in the Ultimate Beauty Bracket!

@ather, I just recently started doing the lip balm + lip liner pairing more regularly and like it but I’m still a lip plumper gal. Really good with the Rhode balm. 

@itsfi Beautiful photo 

Thank you @Mellmars1185! Taking photos is a creative outlet for me. ♥️

Like @dimesandnichols , I 100% agree, lipliners. While I don't need them keep lipcolor from bleeding, they can finish off a look and are quicker than using a lip brush. And my lips are way too sensitive for most plumpers anyway. I also like MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 606 Wherever Walnut but my absolute go-to is Sephora collection Contouring Gel Lip Liner in The Nudest.

100% lip liners! Being in my 40s, my lips don't have any definition anymore along the edges. I love MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 606 Wherever Walnut and MAKEUP BY MARIO Ultra Suede® Sculpting Lip Pencil Hugh to give me natural definition, with or without lipstick.

Now I am curious about MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 606 Wherever Walnut @dimesandnichols !! I need to swatch it in store because I am not able to get an idea from the pictures in the product description. It looks pretty though! 

@Saradestin Here's a photo of it swatched on my hand.

wherever walnut.jpg

Thank you so much for the swatch @dimesandnichols ! 🤗🤗🤗 This one goes to my basket right now! It is gorgeous 😍

@Saradestin always happy to help out a friend 💖

@dimesandnichols I have not tried the lipliner from Makeup by Mario yet. I have tried the eyeliner and lipstick. It is great to know that you are happy with the lipliner.

@lubmaz Wherever Walnut is my go to lip liner. It's so versatile! 🙌

lipliner for sure. i love either the wet and wild gel lipliners or the charlotte tilbury pillow talk intense lipliner

Definitely lipliner. My go to Charlotte Tilbury pillow talk medium 

ultra suede sculpting lip pencil from makeup by mario

I need to add one more lip plumper which has not been mentioned Grande Cosmetics GrandeLIPS Plumping Lip Primer .

Lip plumper please ‼️ 

LOTS OF GOOD ONES! 

To be current, here's a great one I'm so happy I purchased in 2023: 

Lawless Forget The Filler Lip Plumping Line-Smoothing Tinted Balm Stick in GEORGIE.... there's just something about it that I really like a lot

LAWLESS Forget the Filler Lip-Plumping Line-Smoothing Tinted Lip Balm Georgie 

My all-time 🏆 is YSL Volupte in Balm... the formula has been changed I think so I'm talking about the circa 2019-2021 (silver case)... so happy I stocked up on some!  Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm 123 nude Transparent  

@jyeezy31  Oooo I have the clear forget the filler balm but I need to look into Georgie!  Have you tried LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Cherry Vanilla  it’s soooo pretty on!

Oh this is really hard 😓. But for the most part lip plumper.   The brand that tried and love the best is tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump .  And I am using Poppy right now.

@Cissy63  I need to add this to my cart!!! I haven’t tried this one yet!

testing