Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 2 - Face Primer vs. Setting Spray!

@melissapurple22, using both definitely gives me great results too. 👍🏼 

I am face primer all the way!! I really enjoy GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI All Time Prime Clean Hydrating Prep & Smooth Face Oil 0.95 fl oz. / 28 mL  I love how it helps moisturize my skin in the winter and adds a a great base for my foundation. I also love LAWLESS Set The Stage Hydrating Primer Serum  also because it’s so moisturizing. 

Those are two great products @ather !!

@Saradestin  Thanks!

@ather, I was just looking at the Lawless primer serum. Helpful to know it’s a love for you. 👍🏼 

@itsfi  I am all about hydration! Especially now! So dry here! 

There is no choice here:  primer all the way!

Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Universal - new favorite

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Value Size - 2 oz/ 59 mL - long time love

I still can’t make Yummy Skin work for me @Titian06 😭

I'm sorry to hear that, @Saradestin ! 😞

That’s one of my favorites as well @faeriegirl !! Such a great product! I am also on team Setting Spray!

@TeamBIC @Face primer. I use MAC mattifying primer on my tzone and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold everywhere else. 

That sounds like a great combo @SportyGirly125 ! 

This one is tough, but for competition’s sake I’ll say setting spray. My go-to is Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL .

I also love all nighter @arrecife!

Oooh a tough one but I definitely love primer ! I feel like setting a nice base and smoothing pores is a go to for me Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 

Round 1 results are in! Lip liner has defeated Lip plumper and will continue to "compete" for the crown later in the competition.

Now for Round 2! Face primer vs. Setting spray. Some would insist both are essential in keeping your beauty look on lock, but you know the name of the game -- in Makeup Madness, there can only be one winner. 👑😜 Now let's get to voting!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Vote for your Faves in the Ultimate Beauty Bracket!

@TeamBIC  This one is a no brainer for me. I am obsessed LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Cherry Vanilla  it is just so good. So I am team lip plumper

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Vote for your Faves in the Ultimate Beauty Bracket!

The Lawless lip plumper is so good @ather! That shade looks beautiful. 😍

@itsfi  It is so pretty on!! 

Week 1: Lip Liners vs Lip Plumpers

It’s a tough call whenever lip products are pitted against one another in these challenges. This first week is no exception. You don’t make it easy @TeamBIC! Challenging but always fun! 

It’s been years since I’ve worn lip liner consistently, but I have been making more of an effort over the last couple of months. Lip plumpers, on the other hand, find their way into my routine much more frequently, as evidenced by the number I found in my handbag just now … 😉
2023 Week 1 - Lip Liner vs Lip Plumper.jpg

It's said that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I’ll sum it up in three - Team Lip Plumpers!! ❤️🥰

The Dior Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss  are my current go to’s - the Dior Lip Maximizer Serum 0.17 oz/ 5mL (not pictured)# is also lovely and will be repurchased during the spring sale! 🛒

A new discovery for me has been SEPHORA COLLECTION Outrageous Plump Hydrating Lip Gloss 5 Plump It Up Red - I have been keeping this in one of my desk drawers, to have on hand for those last minute meetings or videoconference calls. 

An oldie but goodie (and my intro to the world of lip plumpers) is Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Polish Gloss Dolly - she's still a staple in my collection after all these years! 💗

4 Replies
testing