Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 6 - Foundation vs. Eyeshadow

Oh my this is so difficult a choice.  My decision is team Eyeshadow.  I enjoy so many from PMG. And I am enjoying the mini palettes from ND too.  Tarte and Too Face make some of my standbys too!  From full on bright to neutrals I love them all. 
tarte Tartelette™ Toasted Eyeshadow Palette ; tarte Tartelette™ In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.053 oz/ 1.5 g ; PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction; PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership I Eyeshadow Palette - Subliminal ; Natasha Denona Mini Pastel Eyeshadow Palette ; Natasha Denona Mini Retro Eyeshadow Palette ; Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette ; Too Faced Better Than Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette 

I’m a tinted moisturizer girl so I’ll have to say eyeshadow! Love a good cream for a base like Westman Atelier Eye Pods Cream Eyeshadows Les Nuits ,Glossier Lidstar Long-Wearing Shimmer Cream Eyeshadow Fawn . For powder shadows my favs include Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette 599 New Look Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette The Rock Chick and TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Crème Eyeshadow Palette Rose Topaz . 

@TeamBIC this one is definitely a hard choice, but I look so red if I don't wear foundation with eyeshadow, it just doesn't look right 🤷 

I'm going with foundation

HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 100 Light... 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation 

I’m team eyeshadow for this one, those are some of my favourites @lmaster

I definitely am team foundation! I lean more towards tints my favs are Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation  and Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane  

Ahhh, lovely choices @ather. With the SF tint, do you find it stays true to the shade on application or do you experience some oxidation with it by the end of the day? 

@itsfi  It really stays true to shade on me all day and still looks flawless at the end of the day minus high touch areas that might end up a bit more sheer. I haven’t had any oxidation 

Oh man, I WANT to say foundation for that beauty canvas, but honestly don’t think I could live without sparkly and glittery eyeshadows (like I really would be so sad without PMG and Natasha Denona and other glitters)! So, I am going to have to go with EYESHADOW for this round! @TeamBIC 

One of my faves would be PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership IX Eyeshadow Palette: Huetopian Dream ! 

Sparkly and glittery shadows are pretty to look at just in the palette alone, and they definitely look beautiful on the lids @sister13, especially that PMG!

I have to go with eyeshadow! Natasha Denona is my favorite but I have been absolutely loving the Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette 669 Soft Cashmere .

That's a beautiful palette, @faeriegirl!

Eyeshadow! Hands down! I'm an addict! My go-to eyeshadow palette is PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun ! I also love the PMG mega holiday palettes PAT McGRATH LABS MTHRSHP MEGA: Celestial Nirvana 

Midnight Sun is a gorgeous palette @mintkandi! 😍

@Suzanne713  Those are both great choices!

Those are fab choices @Suzanne713 💖 👌 

Here’s my dilemma - do I stick with my only winning pick from the first round (eyeshadow) or do I go with the category of beauties that I probably have the most of (foundation), next to lippies and nail polish? 

Round 6 - Foundation vs  Eyeshadow 1.jpg

I’m going with foundation this round @TeamBIC! I usually go with a sheer to light base with some concealer over a pesky pimple, or just concealer along the sides of my nose & over my cheeks to even tone, but I’ve been reaching for my light-to-medium coverage foundations a lot more recently, and applying with a light hand for a more sheer coverage most days, but occasionally, I'll go for a medium-to-full coverage look just for fun, because it’s been years since I’ve done that. 😉 

Round 6 - Foundation vs  Eyeshadow 2.jpg

And now to pick a favorite foundation. There's a lot of great foundations out there, but for me, Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation is the definition of holy grail. 💖 There’s always been a bottle (in at least one shade) in my collection for at least a decade. This one is pretty much done - I can never get all of that last bit at the top. Even so, I think I’ve gotten good use out of this bottle. 😉

@itsfi  Oooo great choice!  I love Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation  it is such a great foundation!! I am surprised you have more foundation than eyeshadow!! Although I’m not one to talk because I probably have more too 🤣

@ather, I did a massive declutter late last year and early this year. I was brutal and my eyeshadow collection bore the brunt of it. I also have a lot of cushion compact foundations and deluxe samples of foundation. 😬

@itsfi - I may only have three foundations, but one of them is the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation . 🥰

@Titian06, it’s definitely one worth having in a collection. Such a great foundation! 👍🏼

testing