Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 6 - Foundation vs. Eyeshadow

@curlychiquita, great foundation choices! The Haus Labs one has been on my list for a while; my shade is always OOS whenever I'm in the mood to pick up another foundation. 

@curlychiquita Haus labs is a nice foundation. I’ve never tried the NARS one. How do they compare?

The Haus Labs foundation has more coverage than the Nars, and is a little less dewy, but not matte. I like both but wear the Haus Labs more, @JoSometimes.

Why are these two paired with each other…😫

Foundation is like the crust of a pie. You need it to hold the ingredients. It’s necessary, but people don’t always talk about the crust and if they do, it’s not the first thing they talk about. Same with foundation. What does everyone talk about? The filling! So many flavours and colours and variations. Just like eyeshadow! So I think I’m going with Team Eyeshadow for this round!

I just picked up a few butterfly palettes from Kara beauty that I found at Winners. I’ve been dying to try them out!

C84E7A7B-47D7-4284-84BE-5359E499FE14.jpeg

@JoSometimes  Holy cow 🐄!  I so love your description 👍👍.  And you make a point too🥰.  I love a smooth canvas, but the colors will attract the eye. 

Thank you @Cissy63! My mind works in weird ways. I come up with all kinds of analogies, parallels, and comparisons. It comes in handy at work. 

Nothing wrong with that @JoSometimes 😃

I like how you described the two competitors @JoSometimes 🥧 That made total sense! 

It was dinner time when I posted that @CynthieLu😅😋

@JoSometimes lol! 😂

foundation!! PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation Medium Deep 24 it’s the best most lightweight skin like foundation! 

@Krismorganj, the PMJ foundation is beautiful; it's in my current rotation. Do you have a preferred way to apply it - with a brush? beautyblender/sponge? or your fingers?

I am going with foundation @TeamBIC . My favorites are Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 #charlotte tilbury beautiful skin medium foundation SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation . I need to cover my blotchy skin.

Those are some beauties in your foundation collection @Loretta55. I go for the Dior glow foundation more during the year, but the matte version is on my list to try during the summer months. 

Thank you very much @itsfi. If I am in the mood to add glow , I use Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide . I prefer the glowy look more in the summertime. 

I love Best Skin Ever @Loretta55! One of my favourites to use.

It is taking me forever to get through my bottle @JoSometimes

Foundation for me! I bought the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Oslo for my mom who is mid 60. And it’s skin like finish and she loves it 😍

@riiko, love the skin-like finish of the NARS Sheer Glow - it's beautiful!

Eyeshadow! The Camel palette by Natasha Denona is one of my favourites!

I forgot about the Camel palette @bakeamuffin; such beautiful shades for every day. Going to have to find mine.

1 Reply
testing