Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 5 - Lip Liner vs. Face Primer

totally primer! I'm not a big lip liner person ! Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 

I have to go with Face Primer. My all time favorite is tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g 

I'm team lipliner. I love how it keeps whatever I'm wearing on my lips in place. And it also helps change/tone down a color.  A few favorites are Buxom Power Line™ Plumping Lip Liner Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner - Pillow Talk Collection PAT McGRATH LABS Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil Divine Rose .  

I am going to vote for team Face Primer.  This is a product that I always use.  While I like lip liner, I may not use it as much. 

I am going to cast my vote for Primer 🙂

I use it daily and I can't say the same about lip liner.  I feel like I need Primer more 😅

sorry to all my lovely lip liners 😘

My fav Primers right now are

Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Universal 

The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL 

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum 

I’m going to have to say Team Lipliner! As much as I love primer, I used to make do with a good moisturizer. Lipstick tends to settle into my lip lines and start bleeding out, so I need lip liner to prevent that. 

Tagging the only lipliner I’ve used from Sephora NARS Precision Lip Liner 

I'm team Lipliner!  While I enjoy the idea of primer... I rarely use it.  I feel like a foundation should be able to stay on my face for the day with my regular skincare.  I'm also always running late in the morning so one more layer to apply and then wait before foundation is not my jam.  My lips are regularly dry so I like having a liner most days to even out the tone and help out my gloss/balm du jour. Favourites are really random, mostly one offs since my all time favourite Clinique in Sky Violet disappear. 

PAT McGRATH LABS Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil Divine Rose 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Lip Liner 714 

I am going with face primer for this category, as much as I love lip liner. I believe that skin care can be used as a face primer and the older I get the more I focus on skin care. I love my lippies but i have to say a good base to my skin is always a great base/foundation to start with. I am going to tag a few items I have used as face primers.

Well, I've used lip liner literally once in my life...... and I use skincare as primer, not actual primer. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go with primer. Most primers I've tried just don't work for me, and the ones that do are too expensive to buy on a regular basis- and I still feel like I can get the same effect, or better, with skincare. A couple I've tried and liked, but didn't like the price tag are, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold and Bobbi Brown Jumbo Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

@Shosh85 @I love both of those. 

@SportyGirly125  They're both so nice to use on dry skin!

I don't wear either very often but I'm going to go with lip liner Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Supersize Me 

@TeamBIC Gotta go with lip liner ftw! I rarely wear foundation but I don’t like leave my lips bare, and lip liner definitely helps keep my lipstick going strong.   Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner 

This is going to be kind of boring, but liner and more specifically, Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Pillow Talk. Kjær Weis Lip Pencil in Mauve is my other go-to.

Spoiler
IMG_3248.jpeg

@eshoe - The Kjaer Weis lip liner is about the color of my lips.  I may have to look into that one. 😁

The pencil goes on smoothly too, @Titian06. It is not the longest lasting liner, but it feels gentle on the lips.

Face Primer and Foundation 

I am so torn! I am inclined to go lip liner, since I almost always reach for it and I really like and often need it for smooth lip lines. BUT, then I realized I wear my holy grail tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g literally every day, with very rare exceptions, to fill in large pores on my nose. So, ugh, I think I have to go team primer on this one. Sorry dear lip liner! 💋💋💋

So far looks like I’m in the minority here, but absolutely team lip liner!! Lip liner gives so much definition (I do over line), and changes the tone of some lipsticks that makes them more wearable! I only recently got into lip liner, but it just elevates my entire makeup look. I feel unfinished without it now. Primer is also good, but I don’t use it nearly as much. I have a pretty extensive skincare routine that makes primer redundant on a regular basis.

some of my fave liners right now are the Jaclyn Hill Poutliners, MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil , Buxom Power Line™ Plumping Lip Liner , Milani Easyliner for Lips and the Maybelline Lasting Finish lip liners

I think I can go without a lipliner, but primer is a must! I love so many primers, Huda Beauty Glowish blur jam is good for blurring the pores. Saie beauty starglow is a good glowy primer. Milk primer is good too, it has a tacky  feel that helps to grip your makeup.

HUDA BEAUTY Glowish Blur Jam Silicone Free Smoothing Primer 

Saie Mini Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter Starglow 

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL 

I like both but have to go with primer! one of my favorites right now is NARS Radiance Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen 1 oz/ 30 mL 

testing