Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 4 - Eyeshadow vs. Eyeliner

Totally team eyeshadow @TeamBIC !!! My go to right now is Natasha Denona Mini Retro Eyeshadow Palette and Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow !!

The mini retro palette is my fave, @Kim888 ! 💖💖💖

I have to vote for eyeshadow @TeamBIC . It can be used for so many other things like blush and bronzer and I've seen someone use a neutral matte shade as a touch up powder once in a pinch 😯. Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VIII Artistry Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose II Collection 10 x 0.047 oz/ 1.3 mL PATRICK TA Major Dimension II Rose Eyeshadow Palette HUDA BEAUTY Empowered Eyeshadow Palette 

@niki172, oh, good idea - I'll have to give eyeshadow as bronzer a try. 

I vote eyeliner!  I think it's me and @eshoe on this hill with @WinglessOne adjacent!  But that's ok!

Yes, you can use eyeshadow as liner, but it's not the same as a nice brush tip or the perfect felt.  I can't go without liner on these eyes of mine, and that's that!  

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Line It Up Clean 24-Hr Gel Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner Spiderwebs 

MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 708 Universal Earth 

NARS High-Pigment Longwear Eyeliner Via Veneto 

PAT McGRATH LABS PermaGel Eyeliner Pencil 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Perfect Strokes Matte Liquid Liner Black 

@danielledanielle  This match was hard for me, and part of me still wants to change my vote. 😄 But I know I can use either a fine-point eye brush or an angled eye brush to get a crisp clean line with a powder eyeshadow—but only if I mix the shadow with a mixing medium (Inglot Duraline, Mehron Mixing Medium, etc.) first. Without a mixing medium, it's impossible (for me anyway) to get the same result as a liquid eyeliner with a built-in brush/felt tip. Plus, using a mixing medium adds an extra step to the process. Not a big deal to me since I use mixing mediums anyway for various other reasons, but still: a liquid liner definitely beats powder eyeshadow when it comes to creating good crisp lines. 

@WinglessOne , I know it was a hard decision for you (😂) and I respect your choice.  I'm too lazy for mixing mediums, even though I have them and keep one nearby 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️.  I do find the Beautyblender Wing Man Curved Eyeliner Brush to be a decent enough brush for shadows as well as Sonia G's flat definer, but yeah it lacks that freshness/crispness.

@danielledanielle I hear you on the clean lines - a felt or brush tip is just going to outperform shadow in that category! I think you would love the Glossier Pro Tip Long-Wearing Liquid Eyeliner Pen Black. The tip is *teeny-tiny* and gives you such great control. I just bought another after Glossier arrived here; I have been doing without for a few months as I have been working my way through other liquid liners. Safe to say, it still holds my heart ❤️   

**adds to spring sale list** @eshoe 

I hope to hear all about it, @danielledanielle 👍🏼

This is a tough choice but I pick eyeshadow. Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 01 Neutral Matte is one I am liking right now. 

@lnum, great fave! Viseart makes great eyeshadow palettes! I love how richly pigmented the formula is and they apply so smoothly!

@itsfi Yes! Completely changed my relationship with mattes, they blend like a dream. 

Definitely eyeshadow for me! My favorite is Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette ❤️

I love this palette @faeriegirl! My favorite of her palettes, of any palette really! 😍

I pick eyeshadow.   You can always use it as an eyeliner too😉

@Cissy63, you've created some gorgeous eyeshadow looks on the Makeup Challenge of the Week thread. Do you have a favorite or favorite(s) eyeshadows? 

It's eyeshadow for me! Like others are saying here, eyeshadow can easily be used as eyeliner and just seems a bit more versatile. Some of my favorites from Sephora are:

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio Orange Blossom 

Yes to ND Glam @Shosh85! I forgot about the Kaja eye trios - the different sets are so well curated and I love how convenient they are for carrying with you. 

@itsfi  Yup, the Kaja trios are perfect for travel!

Definitely eyeshadow! It depends on my mood what I feel like wearing. Some of my favorite eyeshadow palettes are Natasha Denona Mini Biba Eyeshadow Palette (could not tag the larger palette), Natasha Denona Love Face Eyeshadow & Cheek Essential Palette , PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VII Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose Collection 10 x 0.047 oz./ 1.32 g . When I am in a hurry I cheat with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Natural Bronzer as my eyeshadow. Believe it or not it was my first bronzer that I tried and it still remains my favorite. It is such a versatile product. For a fun shimmery product I like #stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Rose Gold Retro.
I prefer to wear eyeliner as a tightline. My favorite eyeliner for that is Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner Canyon .

2 Replies
testing