Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 4 - Eyeshadow vs. Eyeliner

@TeamBIC 

ka55CqnDNjQ7iIKtRa.gif

I...I... don't know about this one.  And, I can see how this is already going.

I'm someone who repeats the same suuuuuuper light wash of shadow look on the daily.  You'd never know it from seeing my palette stash though.  I do normally use a bit of liner to tightline, but I also use a darker shadow for liner, or sometimes just skip it, especially in the summer i find.  Team Shadow for me.  Some favourite formulas for my matte loving self MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Eye Shadow I-514 Viseart Midsommer Petit Pro Eyeshadow Palette 0.28 oz/ 8g Natasha Denona Retro Glam Eyeshadow Palette TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Crème Eyeshadow Palette Violet Satine Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette Cool Neutrals 

"I'm someone who repeats the same suuuuuuper light wash of shadow look on the daily.  You'd never know it from seeing my palette stash though."

Hahahaha! I 100% relate to this @missjeanie! 100%. I destashed / re-homed a ton of eyeshadows but you wouldn't think that given what currently is in my collection. 😬

@itsfi I'm trying so hard to be better at buying shades that I'll actually use...  I'm currently very proud of myself for avoiding the Natasha Denona half off palettes in warm tone shades I'll never use.  One small win for my wallet!

That's a beautiful Viseart palette, @missjeanie!

Eyeshadow! Tagging some favorites:

Ahhh, the Dior quints @curlychiquita! Everytime I pass by a Dior counter or display and see the quints, I want them all! 😍

@curlychiquita Great choices... I'm eyeing that cherry quad for the spring sale!

It's just as pretty in real life, @missjeanie!

@curlychiquita Fingers crossed it's there come sale time!  I keep looking at swatches and thinking the pretty pink needs to be my spring go to!

I totally agree with the BICers that mentioned eye shadow can be turned into eye liner.  But for a day to day look that's quick and easy, I do appreciate eyeliner.  Overall my vote us Eyeshadow but...eyeliner is just so great!

That's how I feel to @Anonymous7, it was a tough call. It's soo good but it couldn't take the front seat on this one.

Eyeshadow. I just find it’s more versatile than eyeliner, even though eyeliner can really complete a look, but eyeshadow can achieve the same effect if done correctly. My favorite palettes come from Natasha Denona, Charlotte Tilbury, and Too Faced.

Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette 

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette 

Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 

@alexasteph, I sometimes forget about the Charlotte Tilbury palettes (which is a sign I may have too many palettes, lol), but you're right, the formula and colors are great. 

Definitely eyeshadow! Right now I'm loving HUDA BEAUTY Empowered Eyeshadow Palette 

@lmaster @Yay!!!

@SportyGirly125 the shadow formula is top notch!! Thank you sweet beauty

@LCResz, she does eyeshadows so well, doesn't she?! And the packaging for the Mothership palettes are works of art!

@itsfi The glitter! The sparkle! The shimmer! Buttery goodness of it all! And her mattes provide a solid anchor for so many looks. But most of all, So! Many! Golds! 😍

I'm definitely Team Eyeshadow.  My favorites are still the loose mineral  eyeshadows from Meow Cosmetics. 💖💖💖

2 Replies
testing