Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 4 - Eyeshadow vs. Eyeliner

@Titian06, I don't think I've every used a loose mineral eyeshadow; well, maaaaaybe once decades ago if Bare Minerals had a bundle with it. I'm loving the name of that brand though! 😃

@itsfi - A coworker got me started with BareMinerals.  One day I was searching online for other mineral makeup and came across Meow Cosmetics.  I had to look into it for the name alone.  Unfortunately, the brand is out of business as of last year. 😪  Otherwise, I'd recommend it highly.  I have a lot of eyeshadows and blushes.

Oh, that's too bad that they closed @Titian06! Glad to hear you are stocked up though on some of their goodies!

Eeeeeep this one is sooo hard @TeamBIC Congratulations to last week's winner, Foundation. 🎊

Soo I love both, I have those Auh-stonishing micro eyeliners by Danessa Myricks:

#Danessa Myricks Beauty Infinite Chrome Waterproof Micropencil Eyeliner Charoite 

#Danessa Myricks Beauty Infinite Chrome Waterproof Micropencil Eyeliner Emerald 

#Danessa Myricks Beauty Infinite Chrome Waterproof Micropencil Eyeliner Jade 

Those little Chrome beauties are *chefs kiss* 💋👌

But they can't dethrone my love for Eyeshadow. 

It can be your eyeliner too as alot of people have mentioned. 💖

I use the #SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22 with my shadows to make wicked wings.

So my vote, Eyeshadow! and I love:

#Natasha Denona Pastel Eyeshadow Palette 

#Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

#Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 

Morphe Fairytale Pallette (Can't tag this one)

#Urban Decay Wild Greens Eyeshadow Palette 

Orchid looks beautiful @arrecife 💜

@TeamBIC Eyeshadow because you can turn it into eyeliner Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g Natasha Denona Bronze Eyeshadow Palette PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 

Excellent Eyeshadow picks @SportyGirly125   I definitely favour the sweet peach pallette so much 🍑 😉 

@CynthieLu Thank you 

I have to choose team eyeshadow! Even though I have recently started using them more, I rarely find myself reaching for eyeliner. I really am liking the Natasha Denona Retro Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

This one is not easy… I think I’m giving the edge to team eyeshadow. There are so many colours and shades to choose from! And with the right brushes and technique, you could use an eyeshadow as a liner, making it a more versatile product. 

I wish I had something to tag, but none of my palettes are from Sephora. 

I still curious to hear what ones you like thou, I am for sure on team eye shadow for this one 😋 @JoSometimes 

@CynthieLu I use Makeup Forever palettes that I picked up from Shoppers Drug Mart (like CVS for my American friends). I have the Forever Flawless Affinity and Reloaded Velvet Rose palettes. They’re very pigmented and blend fairly well. 

Yay Team Foundation!

I was about to declare this one as a sweep for me thanks to Glossier Pro Tip Long-Wearing Liquid Eyeliner Pen Black, but the fact that shadow can double as liner swayed me. Valentino Color Flip Eyeshadow Palette 

Spoiler
8E796231-A899-421A-A388-6D5DA361D985.jpeg

@eshoe Great comparison!

Thank you, @Mellmars1185 😊 it’s always good to know you have something to fall back on in a pinch, and if I couldn’t use my trusty liner, add a little H2O and this would fill in just fine!

Round 3 results are in, and it was a close call, but FOUNDATION has taken the crown over tinted moisturizer this time around!

Now time for our next match-up: Eyeliner vs. Eyeshadow! Be sure to cast your votes using the "#" symbol to tag your favorite product(s) in the category you're voting for. Don't let those holy grails go unnoticed! 🏆

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 3 - Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer

Hmm, I've used CC cream for forever now, so I guess I'm team foundation. I use IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Fair Light

Team tinted moisturizer all the way!! I love me some Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint 20 it sits so beautifully on the skin. 

A toughie! I think I have to say foundation, although I was on a tinted moisturizer kick recently ...

Laura Mercier Real Flawless Weightless Perfecting Waterproof Foundation is my new fave 🤩

NARS does such a good job with matching tones. Team Foundation all day everyday! NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation Belem - Medium Dark 3.6 

2 Replies
testing