Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 3 - Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer

Team foundation all the way! Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation  in 2. I’m a very pale olive and it’s impossible to find the right shade—everything turns peachy.  2 is still a little dark but it’s the closest I’ve found so far (and I’ve tried too many to count) and it wears beautifully. It doesn’t feel heavy, sink into pores, highlight flakey skin, or disappear after a few hours. Still looking for my HG but until then, I’m sticking with Armani.

Foundation 

I'm voting for foundation! I just never have had luck with tinted moisturizers, they either enhanced my dryness, came off easily, or did not match my skintone very well.  That being said, I dont wear a ton of foundation anymore but some top picks that I've tried over the years are Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation and Dior Dior Airflash Spray Foundation 

I am team foundation!  My favorite is bareMinerals bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Light Beige 09 .  I used to branch out and try all the new things that came onto the market but I've aways gone back to what works which is the Bare Minerals. It has beautiful, buildable coverage and is so easy to use. I'm usually short on time so effortless and natural is what I go for. 

I’m team tinted moisturizer ! I really like lightweight coverage ! My fave is still the Sephora Glow Play which is technically foundation but it’s really sheer. I also love NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  

Totally team Foundation! I have a few, depending on my needs. #Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mini Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation 260 and #pat mcgrath sublime perfection foundation and Gucci 24 Hour Full Coverage Luminous Matte Finish Foundation 270N has SUPERB coverage and lasts ALL DAY! Looks flawless no matter what.

Round 3 - Foundation vs Tinted Moisturizer

The debate in my head over this week's matchup was like watching a tennis match - foundation...no, tinted moisturizer. no, foundation - tinted moisturizer - foundation - tinted moisturizer. Looking at my collection proved to be no help either. Hahaha! Good matchup on this one @TeamBIC! While I love both, if I have to pick one, it'd be tinted moisturizer for me. 
Week 3 - Foundation vs Tinted Moisturizer.jpg

My favorite is Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - not shown in the photo because I finished my tube of it at the end of January, but it's on the list for the upcoming spring sale. 💖 I've been loving and reaching for the Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint  a lot lately - it helps to even tone all while keeping my skin hydrated and moisturized in the cold, wind & rain. The pairing of Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Tinted Moisturizer with Niacinamide and SPF 40 and Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Tinted Moisturizer has been a new discovery for me - neither tint on its own is the perfect match but they work really well together for me consistency and color-wise, and sometimes with a additional dab of sunblock mixed in.

I felt the same way @itsfi I had a big debate over it internally though my tinted moisturizers are all sunscreens lol but foundation was my clear winner at the end of the day, it does everything I want and my MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is just too amazing at the end of the day 😍

#tintedmoistrizer

That’s a tough one and I’m going to have to play both sides this round.  I actually I use a bit of both…. I like to apply a tinted moisturizer all over and then to concentrate something more full coverage near the center of my face where I want my skin to look more clear.  I find a get a more natural result that way.  Saie Slip Tint Dewy Tinted Moisturizer Three Laura Mercier Real Flawless Weightless Perfecting Waterproof Foundation 

@heartsmyface That is a smart way to get the best out of both products.

I am definitely team Tinted Moisturizer! My favorite is Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane !

While I do have both in my stash... I full on support team #tinted moisturizer.  The last few years of all the skin tints and tinted SPF's comgin out in a wider shade range and from more companies has made my heart happy and my wallet lighter.  I don't think I have one specific favourite.  But my current rotation... NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint Clean Foundation Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light and MAC Cosmetics Studio Radiance Sheer Face & Body Foundation 

this is hard because I really love both but I have to go with foundation! I have a few favorites that I rotate through but lately I really like NARS Light Reflecting Advanced Skincare Foundation Vienna 

These are some great picks @lmaster! I love both of them!

@JoSometimes they are fabulous!!

Team tinted moisturizer!! i know people need more coverage from day to day, but i HATE the look of foundation on my face, I haven't been able to find a good foundation, and everything creases and turns cakey for me! Tinted moisturizer always gets the work done!

Current fave tinted moisturizers: 

ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Formosa ST4 

Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint for Dewy Sheer Coverage G6 

My vote goes to foundation. I wear it almost every day. I like tinted moisturizer. However, I like having more coverage. Currently, I am using Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation . I want to try KVD Beauty Good Apple Non-Comedogenic Full-Coverage Serum Foundation next. 

Definitely Team Foundation but mostly because I haven’t tried a tinted moisturizer before. I’ve only ever tried foundations that were formulated to also keep some hydration in my skin. Currently liking SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation.

If anyone has suggestions for tinted moisturizers to try out that play nice with eczema and are easy on the wallet, I’d be willing to give them a shot some day. 

I've used a few tinted moisturizers (all of them have spf) but they are expensive @JoSometimes I am quitting my Elisabeth Arden tinted sunscreen,  no matter how much I love it,  it's too pricey to continue.  If you find a friendly one that's a good price, please share 😉

testing