Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Vote for your Faves in the Ultimate Beauty Bracket!

This is an easy one for me, @TeamBIC : clearly lip liner, SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner 29 dressed to the 90s , my HG!!! ❤️❤️

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Vote for your Faves in the Ultimate Beauty Bracket!

@Saradestin  Definitely not a surprise you always have the most perfect lip!! 

You are way too sweet @ather 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

@Saradestin I haven't tried the Sephora Collection lip liners yet. Looks like I need to! 😁

I really like them @dimesandnichols . I use SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner 29 dressed to the 90s all over my lips and I don’t need to apply anything else. It is such a gorgeous and versatile shade. It works with any makeup look!

I love both but I definitely use a lip plumper more often, no make up days are just SPF and lip plumper so I definitely go through more glossy plumpers. I usually use the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Annie

@bakeamuffin  I haven’t tried Annie yet. Have you tried any of the other shades?

Lip liner ftw!!! My current faves are SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner 35 bad apple and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Kind Words Lip Liner Fun such a good combo especially when smudged out with the Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow , honestly just *chefs kiss*

Liner all the way!!!

I haven't ever used a lip plumper but maybe I don't know what I'm missing?! Team lip liner! Keeps that lip color in its place and I've seen some awesome looks playing with various colors. I'm not doing my lips much these days, aside from hydrating balm but I like to have a nude or clear on hand. Love the quality and price of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Beauty Amplifier Clear Universal Waterproof Lip Liner 0.04 oz/ 1.2 g 

I have a feeling lip liner will win this round, but I'd probably choose lip plumper. I don't really use either of them though. I have never used lip liner in my life and I only use lip plumper every once in a while. I do really like the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Daisy Girl and LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook. I'd really love to try their lip mask sometime too. 😃

@Shosh85  This is my fav plumper!!! The masks are good too and the balm! 

I enjoy a good lip plumper. My favorites are LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Velvet (multiple colors) and tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump  (I have been wearing Hibiscus frequently).

@Loretta55  Great choice! I really need to try the tarte ones! 

It is comfortable @ather

Lip liner! I feel like this is an all around product that can define, fill in the desired color, and achieve the plumped up look without the uncomfortable stinging. A well done formula with last long without drying you out and that, to me, is the Rare Beauty and Pat Mcgrath Labs Pencils.

Team Lip Liner! 

(I don't like a tingly lip plumper. )  I don't routinely use either, but it's my ambition to use more lip liner.

PAT McGRATH LABS Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil 

Definitely lip plumper! My fav right now is LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Cherry Vanilla #its sooo good I love how it looks! #

I’ve not really ever found lip plumper to do much. While I am REALLY loving the MAKEUP BY MARIO MoistureGlow™ Plumping Lip Serum , I think as a whole category, I’m team lip liner. I have an amazing nude from Chanel that is my absolute go-to and pairs with every single thing I can put on my face. But, otherwise, I almost always end up using some SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Liner To Go . I think there was a holiday set of 4, so I have a red, a burgundy, a nude and a pink of these. These are mini and only $6 each, so they are great to have around! 

I thought I’d share a photo of the four I have! Such a great deal! 

CF3A20B5-E493-49BA-9F7F-72A210F1C279.jpeg

testing