cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals

Screenshot_20211230-231415_Google.jpg

As 2021 comes to a close, it's time to think about what your 2022 will look like Beauty-wise. What are you goals? P(l)ans? Brands to try? Brands to avoid? Low buy? No buy? 

Let's use this space to record our goals and check back in along the year. Drop by as often or as sparingly as you want to check in and encourage each other. All goals/resolutions welcome!! 

Shift-workspaces-coworking-denver-bannock-corona-virtual-office.jpg

Re: 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals

@haleyvvvv, wow, the year is flying by - I feel like this happens every year! It's full on sweater weather here and the days are going by fast. I went back to see what my goals were for 2022 and see what I need to work on from now until the end of the year. Here's how I've been doing with them.

1.  Drink more water every day. Every. Day. This has been alright - some days are definitely better than others. I'd estimate that I hit my daily target for water intake about 5, sometimes 6, days out of the week. The other day(s) is/are hit or miss. Something to continue to work on. 

2. Get more sleep. Hmmm, I made this a goal, did I? Hahaha! Overall, this was not good this year though it's not for a lack of trying.I will say that my sleep has seen marked improvement the last 2 months. Hoping to build on that through the end of the year.

3. Reapply sunscreen (and find one that is good for reapplication). I can say I actively pursued the latter half of this goal and have found a couple of SPF items that work well for me for reapplication. Now, I just need to remember to actually reapply sunscreen more frequently and more consistently. It's all a work in progress, isn't it?!

4. Give myself a "time out" every now and again. Self care is important!  Well, this was an epic fail for more than half the year. The good news though is that, as with goal #2, it's been better the last couple of months, including today. I took it off and am not planning on working during it. 

5. Spend less. For the most part, I have spent less than I did this same time last year. 👍 Looking at what I have on my holiday shopping list for others and myself, I should <<fingers crossed>> be on track with this goal. Just gotta stay focused and not get too distracted. 

@itsfi @haleyvvvv - Great idea to revisit my 2022 goals:

• Low- or no-buy for the first few months of 2022.  I did very well with this goal, extending my low-buy well into the year.  Unfortunately, I think I made up for the savings last month and this month with some really great sales! 🤣

• Drink more water.  I am drinking more water than last year and I've added a morning cup of tea when teleworking.  However, there's still room for improvement.

great

In 2022 I want to earn money for an expensive skincare product. I have been searching for its cheaper version for one month already. I am planning to get some financial sources on discover more  because I am good at writing a social contract. Likewise, I want to have the possibility to buy a pomade which I desire from childhood.

I've been pondering this a lot the last week or two.  I want to be realistic in my goals, but at the same time, give myself a bit of a challenge.  I typically am good at low buys the first half of the year and then when October sales start up I'm spending though the holidays.  I also am good with my project pan and masking in the first half of the year and then fall off when the weather warms up in June.  

1. I did a sheet mask count and it's about 535.  I want to try to use up at least 365.  There are days where I do two a days in the winter and there will be days where I skip, so this can be done, it's just a matter of sticking to it.  I'm going to look at it from month to month and hope that keeps me on track.  My sheet masks are currently in two chests that sit on my make up dresser and a suitcase. Yes, a suitcase.  I had them in a box sitting on my floor and a suitcase seemed to make sense since I could zip it and move it more easily.  I want that suitcase gone by the end of the year!

2. Post my empties monthly.  I'm good at keeping my empties, but find that keeping track and going over them at the end of each month helps me keep on track with my masking and skincare goals.  In line with my empties I'm aiming to have 730 empties this year.  This will only be realistic if I keep up with my 365 sheet mask goal.  

3. Use more than I bring into my life.  My skincare and makeup collection... it's excessive for what I need and want.  I'd like to have a more curated collection of things that I really enjoy in my life.  I'm going to make a concentrated effort to buy things that I really want and use, not just 'ohhh that's on sale, what a great deal' items, or 'everyone else is buying this, I don't want to miss out' items. 

4. Keep up with my Tretinoin prescription.  I'm bad at starting and stopping.  I also am bad for buying other exfoliants etc because 'ohhhh new stuff' when I have a prescription item that is proven to do the things. 

5. Go back to a fun hair dye job at least once this year.  I used to do purple/blue peek-a-boos and loved them.  Once pandemic rolled around though, I started dying my hair myself and fun colours were too hard to do on my own, as I also dye the majority of my head brown to get away from those sneaky grey's.  I've bought some fun dye, just need to figure out how to do this on my own lol. 

A mask a day keeps the dryness  away @missjeanie ! I dig the storage idea-- gotta have accessibility in your everyday items.  this will be a fun trip with that suitcase!

@heavyhedon Getting back to daily masking has made a huge difference in just a week.  The suitcase started as a way to get the masks off my floor and onto the floor in my spare room, but easily moveable when I had my nieces staying over.  As weird as it may sound... it's actually worked out really well for someone who doesn't have a large dedicated beauty space. 

@missjeanie I don't have a dedicated space either, which is fine for me; I prefer to do my face in the bathroom so I can wash my hands 4/5 times during and rinse my eye brushes as I go. I'm very hands-on with makeup application.

@heavyhedon I do this as well!  I need a sink right there lol

The only beauty resolutions I have are working on my pan projects. I do have a few other non-beauty ones. Well I guess one might fall there.

In no particular order-

1. Get the rest of my top teeth pulled so I can get dentures. Unfortunately it looks like some bottom ones might need to go first.

2. Get better at my photography!! I'm light years away from where I want to be. Also get someone to do marketing for me so I can have clients. 

3. Get a new camera. My dream camera is 5k and with all my bills and what not that won't be happening this year but hopefully I can try to get a good amount saved.

4. Try to have money in savings by the end of the year.

5. Get into shape! My body is in pain 24/7 so I need to try and limber it up or something. Instead of being lazy 24/7 and then almost dying when I try to hike... ps that kinda did almost happen. We have a local place that does the aerial/hammock yoga and they have a restorative version that I want to try! I want to do both but baby steps. And learn baby yoga stuff as well.  I want to try to eat healthier but man I can't give up these sodas. I had it finally down to 1-2 a day and then that seasonal depression hit and I'm back at 6 or so a day...and no I don't drink water 😬

@Samtian -- Good luck with your savings! Getting limber, yeah, I need that too and it's not easy. 

@heavyhedon Thank you! No it isn't!

@Samtian Those are some great goals! You can do it! One day at a time ❤️

@Mellmars1185 Thank you!!

Wonderful to read these realistic Resolutions.

For '22, my beauty-related Resolution list:

1) Tank up on H20, not wine & brewski's.

2) Make both a photographic & excel MU & SC Inventory. To jog the memory!

3) Project Pan a bunch! (ties-in with item 2).

4) not actively pursue Status Levels at ulta or S.

To that end, buy a $__ Gift Card to be used this year; when it is used-up, that's it!  gulp..

5) Be grateful for my health. 

That's a great idea, @MvLL , buying a gift-card as your year's spending limit. & Tanking up on water, LOL. 

Mine are:

1) start a side hustle and have financial independence

2) finish college! I have two terms left!!!

3) stick to my skin care routine (and get my fiancé on board lol)

4) mental health and self care, I'm trying to find a therapist and am testing out medications for my depression

5) stay positive and get involved in a community of like minded people!

6) develop healthy habits in my personal & social life, eating, speaking, mental health, spiritual and physical lifestyle

best of luck everyone in 2022, I believe in all of you and support you! if you have any tips of comments id love to hear!

@k3ara -- worthy goals, I share some of them myself, and FYI if you're at uni, you are almost certainly paying for health insurance through the school, so utilize that as much as possible! Talk to the people at your college's health service to see what may be available to you, and already covered.  

I opted out of their health insurance BUT I am able to access free counselling through my college! I work full time and have better coverage through there. Thanks for the suggestion! It's a fantastic idea that I totally would have missed out on!!!

@k3ara Those sound like great goals! Almost done college - That will be an amazing accomplishment. I find with my skincare routine being consistent and finding the right products that work for me are the best. I also think mental health is so important. I started investing in mine this year and it has helped a lot! Sounds like you are on the right path! Good luck with everything!

94 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • Screenshot_20211230-231415_Google.jpg
  • Shift-workspaces-coworking-denver-bannock-corona-virtual-office.jpg
  • a-girl-is-planning-her-new-year-s-resolutions-free-vector.jpeg
  • women-1.jpeg
  • istockphoto-1166121662-612x612.jpeg
  • FavorableObedientDove-size_restricted.gif
  • IMG_1879-2.jpg
testing