Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and lip reactions???? (Rash/swollen lips)

Has anybody else experienced getting like a rash/ burning flakey lips after using the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks??? I used the color American Doll and my lips were normal until after the 2nd week of using it. While I was wearing it my lips starting getting reaaaaally itchy especially on the edges then they started to get swollen and later ended up getting flakey patches. I couldn't wear any lipsticks for a month and it was torture. Cause I love lipstick. Eventually my lips got better once I was prescribed creams to cure my lips. And I started going back to my mac regular lipsticks. Nothing happened. They were still dry and flakey but eventually healed after that month. Weeks went by and with how amazing the ABH liquid lipsticks are I couldn't resist. So I used the color Ashton, and with my lips being normal again.. I thought it would be okay. I was wrong! I got the same reaction as I did when I used the other color American Doll. And I saw a video on YouTube with a girl having almost the same reaction but it was with the FAKE ABH liquid lipsticks. And I had bought both the Ashton and American Doll ABH liquid lipsticks from Sephora. So idk, if it was just me that had the reaction I just want to know if anyone else has had that same reaction or similar.. I love the lipsticks they're very pigmented and long lasting. But only down side was the side-effect. My lips are still healing. 😞

Re: Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and lip reactions???? (Rash/swollen lips)

This just happened to me with the Poet lipstick - writing from March 2023. I wore the lipstick for a few minutes to test out the color when I received it in the mail, and after just a few minutes, I still got a rash. Its worse on the edge of my lips and looks like I'm wearing lip liner! 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and lip reactions???? (Rash/swollen lips)

Hi there, I’m using vintage and the same exact thing is happening. The edges of my lips are red, somewhat swollen and dry. I was a pharmacy technician and now for a fact, best treatment is triple antibiotic aka Neosporin bit generic triple antibiotic is the same exact thing. I can’t believe this hasn’t been addressed by the company. Imagine if it’s your wedding day and then you have this problem... I would be livid because that one special day will be immortalized with swollen red flaky lip edges 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hey! I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for this post! I'm having the same problem right now with their liquid lipstick "Kathryn". I experienced the tingling/itching around the edge of my lips and now they are dry and cracked and swollen and no lip product that I've put on them has been able to help. I have never had this issue in the past when I've worn it but now I'm certain that the lipstick was the cause. I'm going to go to a doctor today to get treatment, thank you so much, I felt so lost!

Ok, so I am using the Ashton ABH liquid lipstick now and the corners of my mouth feel rough and there are white patches from it. It just came up this morning after wearing it last night. It’s only on my bottom lip on both corners. Never had any burning or tingling from it tho. Also I’ve never had cold sores or any other form of oral herpes or oral irritation, I’m an esthetician so I’d know how to prognos any type of skin disorder, but this one is really throwing me off. What is going onnnnnn????? 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Smudge-Proof Matte Liquid Lipstick Ashton

RE: Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and lip reactions???? (Rash/swollen lips)

Thanks. Yeah.. I was thinking that. Just sad! Cause it's a good lipstick! 😭
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing