Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition

So, I've been challenging myself to do a full-ish face in about six minutes.  Have not succeeded yet ‌😭‌‌😅‌, so I'm looking to BIC for some tips to get past the finish line.

I want to know six products, any category, you use to get that quick glam.  Bonus if it includes skincare.  Double bonus if you've timed yourself and it's less than 7 minutes (if you include skincare, 10-15 min).

****WEEK OF MARCH 24-30TH***

Collab'ing with Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge & Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023

Cross post across 1-3 threads all your fast fierceness!

1000001929.gif

  (I really don't, though Don) 

Today I had-   

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight Captivate, Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 in Radiant Tan, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Caffeine Caffeine , PAT McGRATH LABS PERMA PRECISION Liquid Eyeliner Xtreme Black , Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Hot Chocolit .

Re: Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition

Today I tried to glam it up a little more.

I debated on switching out Supergoop! 100% Mineral (Re)setting Powder SPF 35 Medium for my Poundcake, but couldn't consciously do it 🤣, so IMO the use of Dune as a lip was the compromise, but lackluster IMO.  Dune on my lips pulls beige 😕

This is such a cool thread @danielledanielle I love this idea, and great products ❤️

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup , you plan on giving it a shot? I think you'll have fun with it.  If not, that's okay, feel free to share ideas, products and/or tips.

Of course I am going to! I’m gonna do it tomorrow morning 🙂 I’m already thinking about which products 🫶 @danielledanielle 

I admire your commitment to this @danielledanielle. keeping to six products is just as challenging as trying to keep it under 7 minutes. 

Well, I forgot to time it (because I was running late for a zoom call) but here’s a version of my standard 5-ish minute face. 

Basically, I used the Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Moisture Repair Balm Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Squalane 1.41 ... #ecause my skin has been super dry, then the Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder 3 for all over evening-out and light coverage. I forgot to post in the picture, but I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 500 Boundless Bisque for spot concealer as my skin not behaving lately.

I always use my tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g to fill large pores on my nose, then tightline with any black eyeliner, this time NARS High-Pigment Longwear Eyeliner - though SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Waterproof Eyeshadow & Eyeliner Multi-Stick 24 Black Matte is faster because it’s thicker and I have to be less careful about poking myself in the eye. 

Two Guccis today, the Gucci Gucci Crayon Définition Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil which I love and the Gucci L'Obscur Lengthening Mascara 1 Eve Black which is also exceptional. 

Finished with a touch of Too Faced Cloud Crush Blurring Blush Tequila Sunset to cheeks and a little on eyes, and then was going to do a lip liner but figured the tarte maracuja juicy lip plump shift was more of an all in one & faster. I think this was probably about 6 mins. You can see my face on the Makeup Challenge thread, if you're so inclined! 🙂  

I’ll x post to the Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023  and Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge ! 

IMG_1177.jpeg

I guess my overall tips for a fast face are: 

- Use multi-taskers (i.e. powder blush on eyes and cheeks, or cream blush on cheeks and lips)

- Use multi-chromes for eyes that make it look like a more complete eye look with one swoop of product and minimal blending needed. 

- Use items that self-set - i.e. concealers and foundations/tints that self-set and you can count on not needing to be set with powder, since I'm super lazy about finishing steps like powder or setting spray.  

- This is intuitive, but more natural looks/less pigmented products are easiest for a fast face.

Additionally, if I'm actually driving somewhere, I'll often do my base at home, then finish with brows, mascara and/or lips in the car - either at long stoplights, or when I get to my destination. For someone who's chronically "time optimistic" this has helped me realize it's better to err on the side of getting there a couple minutes early and do my last touches in the parking lot at my destination than do everything at home and be running late.      

@sister13, Great tips!  Heh...didn't think about the "in transit" makeup.  I usually do my brows during my skincare, so if I absolutely have to leave I at least have some definition in my face.  It also creates a buffer or dry down time during skincare when I use eye masks.   I think I've done liner on the train twice.  And that was scary for me, 😂 .   

Didn't think about multichromes, going to have to give that a try.

@danielledanielle I feel the same, I would prefer to leave with my brows already finished. I love the feeling of brow confidence.

There only thing I like applying on the go id lip balms, oils and glosses.. or maybe a tint.

@sister13 I am amazed at anyone who can apply makeup on the go in a vehicle. That's skills! 

This is an absolutely genius idea, @danielledanielle ! I definitely need to try this challenge (although, I'll probably fail the first few times 😂). I like your idea of using a lip oil as part of your quick look; I was thinking of using a clear gloss for no fuss, but that might be too boring of me! Will try to time myself this weekend! 🙌🏻

@Guessgal, awww yay thanks!

I've had some practice before the week started, so don't let the time limit deter you.  I'm doing this in triplicate with Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge and the Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 .  Check out those threads for additional inspo or just review @sister13 's five minute face... So impressive.

I feel like those would all be no fuss @danielledanielle I imagine you got a good overall time out of these. 🙂

This is a fun experiment @danielledanielle I love the idea of challenging myself to have a quicker and more concise routine. I tried this morning with

🌷Natasha Denona My Dream Eyeshadow Palette 

🌺SEPHORA COLLECTION Love The Lift Curling + Volumizing Mascara Ultra Black 

🌸Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip Bellini 

🌹Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Soothing Serum Skin Tint Foundation with Peptides + Ceramides 16

🪻 Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Poutsicle Hydrating Lip Stain Mai Type 

🌻 Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Soft Brown 

At 11:42 seconds I was so proud of myself but then realized I had completely forgotten Mascara and my Lippie, finished at 15:55 😅😅

This was so challenging

@CynthieLu, it was a good effort though and within 16 minutes!  Did you find that it made starting the day easier due to the time, or was it the same?

I think I have mixed feelings. It was easier, because I got everything done so fast compared to my more relaxed routine. But I don't know if I enjoy speed. Lol. 😆 ( Specifically fast brows are haaaard)

I did have fun thou 🙂 So I'm definitely going too try again. Maybe my competive side wants to see if I can improve, and learn a thing or two about time management in the morning. @danielledanielle 

@CynthieLu, hmmm I can get that, extra time spent on makeup is intentional whether it's preference, having the time, self-care, etc.  Do try it again though, if anything it's also an exercise in technique.

I know I will. 😉 My mind is already thinking and planning ways to improve @danielledanielle. I got the spark. Lol.

Ooh doing my brows can go so smooth.. or just fussy and frustrating sometimes.

For my next attempt I'm thinking have everything ready and close by,Choose an easier fished look. (This morning I had big ambitions.) And I think I can work with this. 🙂

1000003106.jpg

So today I chose

Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Lightweight & Blurring Foundation Stick , Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick Flame , GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil 5 , Danessa Myricks Beauty Linework Paintbrush Fluid Liquid Eyeliner 0.034 oz / 1 ml , Supergoop! 100% Mineral (Re)setting Powder SPF 35 Medium and Hourglass Unlocked Tiger palet

Time: forgot to time it for skincare, but ..

1000003131.png

The trick/key to this IMO is two fold, products you know well, so user error is minimal and you can be quick.  The other trick is having a multitasking palette or stick.

100% agree @danielledanielle - having a multitasking product and working with items you're familiar with makes 'quick and easy' that much easier! Using products that I could apply with just my fingers also seemed to do the trick. I may try applying my base with a beautyblender later this week to see how that affects my time, if at all. 

@itsfi, yes!  I prefer using brushes, but I feel like mo' brushes, mo' problems 🤣 because I want to constantly add, correct and blend.  I can definitely see fingers and blenders as another time shaving method.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 130 replies
  • 502 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos28
  • 1000001929.gif
  • 9DC7715A-7A84-4E72-946F-1268BA2F3403.gif
  • 11A - All The Brands (Weekend).jpg
  • 13 - Fast & Furious Collab.jpg
  • Week 13 - Collab - Time Stamp Collage.jpg
  • 1000003112.png