Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@niki172 Aren’t they described as being “mini” though? I have no issue with that as I barely ever hit pan haha. 

@alexasteph I believe so yes and same on the not hitting pan 😅

@niki172  I can never commit to an order when I’m trying to wait for things to magically come back in stock. This a great list…the YSL items look great! 

@PrettyPaint the swatches that Sunnysmom did on the swatch thread look so rich and pigmented!

Not trying to enable anyone but all shades of YSL Rouge Pur Couture the Bold High Pigment Lipstick are available for purchase @niki172 @PrettyPaint .

So glad I'm able to split my purchases between the F+F sale and the Holiday sale 10/28!❤️

Holiday Saving List from Need to Want:

• I might get the full size  but already made 2 purchases(one at 50%off skincare and one for a SEPHORA COLLECTION SC x Wetbrush Detangling Shower Hair Comb that was going oos before the F+F sale) for the GWP Amika mask.

amika Dream Routine Overnight Hydrating Hair Mask 3.3 oz / 100 mL I use it as a conditioner. I'll have to see how fast it gets greasy on the scalp but, it got rid of the "crunch" the minute I applied it to my ends!

• I like that this has a multi purpose for my acne and my hair! Briogeo B. Well Organic + Australian 100% Tea Tree Skin & Scalp Oil 

• I've never tried this brand and got the vacay set to test their body lotion. This is a cool set. Summer Fridays On Cloud Nine Minis Set 

• If this ever goes back in stock. It did yesterday but only for a few hours. Over the weekend, I finally got to smell 68 Beija Flor and am loving it more than 40 Bom Dia😍!  Sol de Janeiro Mist Master Mix Perfume Gift Set 

• I have not tried the moisturizer and it seems like a good deal. Tatcha Dewy Skin Essentials Set 

• Because Tarte!😍.  tarte SEA Best Kept Secrets Best-Sellers Set 

• Purely FOMO. Yves Saint Laurent NU LIP & CHEEK BALMY TINT with Hyaluronic Acid Duo 

What I got at the F+F sale:

• MAKE UP FOR EVER Mini Sens’Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser Mini Size - 1.01 oz/ 30 mL 

• Sephora Favorites Vacay All Day All-Over Face Set 

• Sephora Favorites Fall Bestseller Mini Perfume Set 

@Buootiful  I’ve been using a sample of the JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  and I really like it. I think I’m going to get that set during the sale too.

Yea! It looks to be such a good value. @faeriegirl 

@Buootiful I have an oily scalp and OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner applied to my ends plays very nicely with my hair (which is fine and thin) and leaves it really soft and shiny. Just my 2 cents. As far as body wash have you tried bath and body works moisturizing body wash? I have dry, eczema-prone skin and it leaves me feeling clean without leaving a film and does lather nicely plus when they have buy 3 get 3 free and a 20% off coupon it's a pretty good deal. 

Thanks. I have fine hair too so the Ouai sounds like a good suggestion! I must check out Bath and Body works, haven't been there in a while. @niki172 

@Buootiful girl you are missing out! Just kidding - as someone that lives where there are harsh winters and humid summers Bath and Body works moisturizing body wash is the only thing that suds up nicely (which is what I like), doesn't strip my skin, and it leaves my skin very clean without a filmy blah residue like most moisturizing body washes I've tried on the market. Plus it's not heavy either (if that makes any sense) so I use it year round and it's really helped with my eczema flare ups that I tend to get on my arms. When they have them on sale for $5.95 I stock up like crazy. P.S. I realized this sounds like an ad I swear I don't work for them or know anyone that does lol.

I really like the Ouai - it's a newer product for me and it has (from what I can tell) a faint nice scent but it doesn't give me a headache or overpower me where that's all you smell all day if that makes sense. Plus a little goes a long way (I do 1 spritz on my hand and run it thru my hair - just my ends though) with my shoulder length hair so that's always a plus.

Excellent list @Buootiful and great purchases during the F&F sale 😄

Thanks so much! @CynthieLu 

@Buootiful , apply conditioner to your hair lengths only. Do not apply to your scalp. That will help with greasiness. BTW great list.

Aww, thanks @Loretta55 ! Thanks for the hair tip as well. 😘

@Buootiful Lots of good products! 

That's pretty cool how much it faded, thanks! @Nahnom 

@TeamBIC  Oh, I am sooo happy for this reminder!  I picked up the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand Set: Tapered, 1”, 1.5”  at an incredible price yesterday, so I forfeited many of the other things that were on my list.  I'll have to give some more thought about what to buy next.

I am sure you will find something to go with the fabulous T3 @Ispend2much6 . Congrats on the sale snag.

@Buootiful  There's not a doubt in my mind that's true, lol.  Thank you!

@Ispend2much6  Ooooh, that styling wand looks really cool. I hope you love it. 

testing