Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Beauty For All EventBeauty For All Event

[[UPDATE 12/3]] The Beauty For All Event has arrived! Get 20% off your basket (one-time use), plus 30% off all Sephora Collection with code GIFTEASY through Sunday, December 12th!

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

CT!!!!

@haleyvvvv Oh my goodness!  Now this is a list!

@haleyvvvv Yes to your whole list. 😍

@haleyvvvv The Cheekbone Beauty SUSTAIN Lipstick Aki looked interesting but it seems it is unavailable here in the states. Boo. Maybe US Sephora will pick it up sometime.

It's funny @Margalee because most of the time, items that are available in Sephora US aren't available in Sephora Canada.

Just like you want to try Cheekbone Beauty, I have a list of American-exclusives I want to try including: BREAD Beauty Supply, Sunday II Sunday scalp serum + micellar spray, & Tower28 Sunnydays (it has SPF so probably not available yet due to Canada's SPF regulations. These regulations are also most likely why the SPF products of Ilia & Saie aren't available in Canada, even funnier is Ilia and Saie are Canadian brands. I just find it funny that there is a chance that some Canadian brands can't make SPF products that pass Canada SPF regulations 😂. Canadian SPF regulation is a fascinating topic to dive in though). 

Nice to see a Canada-exclusive brand for once, although hopefully it becomes available in the States soon! 

@haleyvvvv I'm interested in Cheekbone Beauty SUSTAIN Lipstick Kéyah (I found out the hard way that I despise bold &/ bright lip colors so IDK about Aki, but more reviews will help), & FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Resting Peach Face Cream Blush & Mini Gloss Bomb Cream Duo (looks like a good & cheaper dupe of one of my color correctors, and I like peach (color & fruit 🍑 )).

I would love it if you could let me know about your experience with these products (if you end up buying them).

Lots of other goodies on your list too! 😊

@haleyvvvv  Excellent!  The MUFE lipstick formula is really nice.  I never make my basket up this far before a sale because, well, we know that will probably be emptied before then. lol

Brace yourselves for a long scroll of text. 

What I am interested in buying:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Triple Action Cleansing Water - Cleanse + Purify - since the sale is 30% of Sephora Collection and I will finish my current cleanser by then, I'm interested in picking this up.

Compared to my current cleanser, the Sephora one:

-has zinc although lower down the list than my current 

-is cheaper (with the sale, even cheaper),

-has fragrance lower down in the ingredient list (my current cleanser has a strong & unpleasant smell),

-has less colorants/PEGs. 

Overall, I'm inclined to buy it and test it out as my current cleanser dries my skin out (even when I put very little of it on my skin) and I occasionally get redness/irritation (I think from the colorants/PEGs, as I never get reactions to fragrance).

I'm interested in buying Fenty Skin The Daily Duo Mini Cleanser + Toner Serum Duo  and I heard mixed reviews on it (from not worth it to helped reduce my dark spots). The niacinamide, vitamin C, and toner/essence aspects attract me to this product (fat water toner). 

Did anyone try this before? How was it?

I would rather get a sample of Fenty Skin Fat Water Pore-Refining Toner Serum with Niacinamide 5.0 oz/ 150 mL from a Sephora store but not sure if Sephora Canada ( @TeamBIC ) offers samples (and if so, not sure if they offer a sample of this product).

Despite my sensitive skin, fragrance & witch hazel are rarely issues for me as I had used products with witch hazel and am currently using a skin product with like 4 different alcohols and a very pungent & gross smell. 

I don't need to buy makeup, maybe in the spring sale. 

I’m new to the makeup game but an expert at looking young. That fat water is divine! I use it am under my tinted moisturizer, and pm under my nighttime moisturizer. It’s a great buy. Oh and a little goes a long way 

Thank you @Cammie412 ! I decided to buy it during the sale. 

Hi @Kaurice did you purchase this before & if so, how was your experience with it?

Anything Fenty

These items are definitely on my list:

Natasha Denona Mini Metropolis Palette & Brush Set 

Shiseido Facial Cotton 165 sheets 

I just know a few more items will fall into my cart as well.  🔮

Oh, thank you for reminding! I totally forgot. I am going to get some the Ordinary products.

@Edelveys I think TO products are usually not included in the coupons.  I checked at Ulta, b/c who doesn't want to save a couple buck (?!), but I think they are excluded there as well.

Definitely wanna get Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette and Natasha Denona Contour Sculpting Powder since they dont sell kevyn aucoin anymore I am hoping that is a dupe! Has anyone tried any of these products?

You will LOVE the Retro palette. I took one look at it as soon as they released images and pre-ordered it. I'm a HUGE Natasha Denona fan. Her eyeshadow formula is one of the best, if not the best. But the color story in this palette is just gorgeous and you will love it and gets tons of use!!

1 Reply