Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

I’m patiently waiting to stock up on Estée Lauder Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex Serum 3.9 oz/ 11... -the 2-pack!! My skin LOVES this!

I’m dying to try Danessa Myricks Beauty Balm Contour Deep 3 I wish Sephora would carry her other ColorFix Nude pigments because they are great!

Freck Beauty Cactus Water Cleansing Lactic Acid Toner 6.5 oz/ 192 mL Is this more like The Ordinary acid toner or Biologique Recherche? 

Supergoop! 100% Mineral Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.5 oz/ 45 mL I am ready to try some Supergoop after hearing a great many things! 

Can’t forget Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 40 sheets because they are THE best!

I wanted to nab Armani Beauty My Way Eau de Parfum but my Frederic Malle and Le Labo purchases have tied me up for the year as far as fragrances go 

Let’s normalize pampering yourself! 

Yes, love those Shiseido cottons, @maligNANCY! It's a great time to stock up on those. 

I just made a large order of mostly "useful" products, so maybe I'll have a little fun this sale.

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter 

In Vanilla Bean to kind of match the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Vanilla  that should arrive tomorrow.

Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

#ysl touche eclat all over brightening pen

#ysl rouge pur couture beige antonym

#ysl rouge pur couture slim matte bare burgundy

Bite Beauty Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick Pluot 

That Glam palette is gorgeous and such a breeze to use, @Ispend2much6. It is the first palette I have purchased in awhile where I can use every pan. I hope you love it!

So far, only a few potential buys are on my holiday sale list. 

New-to-me things: 

Restocks: 
Can't tag either of these products for some reason, so I'll direct-link them. 

If Sephora gets these in stock during the sale: 

• Pat McGrath Celestial Odyssey Luxe Quad, Deep Space Divinity 
  • Otherland Homestead candle collection, Tomato Terrazzo and/or Sriracha Rose, and possibly Velvet Persimmon (not so sure about the 2 wood scented candles, based on their fragrance descriptions). 
  • PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Mini Wide Tooth Comb and/or PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Mini Shower Brush - I already own the full size version of both. 

"What, no lipsticks?!" 😂 Yeah, I've overdone lipstick purchases this year. I mean, I overdo it every year, but this year I gotta put the brakes on myself. Doesn't mean I'm not tempted by any, though! 

Sriracha Rose sounds like a great combo, @WinglessOne. So does Velvet Persimmon, as a matter of fact they all do😂 

@eshoe  I can't handle a rose scented candle unless there's at least one interesting or unusual counterpoint fragrance note involved. 😄 I hope the tomato candle really does have green vine + tomato scents; that's the one I'm most interested in. Sriracha rose is a close second. I've liked each Otherland candle I've tried, and some of them I love, so I have high hopes for these. 

@WinglessOne I am burning the Rattan that came with the Sephora Favorites Mini Candle Discovery Set. The scent so far on this and the Voluspa has been minimal; I wonder if it is just the size of the candle. I was hoping for something a little more ‘robust,’ because the other scents intrigue me.

I picked up a small tomato plant last weekend and love how the vine smelled when transplanting. I am not expecting to keep it alive long enough to taste the fruit, but in the meantime it will do. A candle might last longer in my home;)

@WinglessOne I own the adwoa beauty Baomint™ Moisturizing Curl Defining Cream.  You and I will obviously have different hair types, but I do like it.  I have to use it on very wet hair, which isn't a problem because I always air dry my hair. 

Good to know, @curlychiquita ! I generally use the Adwoa gel on very wet hair, so using the cream the same way will be easy. The gel is actually quite cream-like: the first time I opened the jar, I thought I'd been sent the wrong product. 😂 So I'm very curious to see how different the cream is, and whether it's lighter or heavier than the gel. The gel always stretches my coils if I forget to scrunch enough. 

So excited!! Am I able to use the Holiday Discount and my $10 points rewards? 

Unfortunately , it won't allow you to use both. 🙁

I always look forward to this sale. Thanks for updating all of us. 

I was actually going to pick up several Sephora Collection items during the F&F sale but since it's going to be 30% off during the Fall Sale I think I'm going to wait...

Is the October sale 30% off

Only for Sephora Collection items, @dannygirl1016. If you click the link in the post at the top, it will take you to the customer service thread that has all the info about the sale. 

@CookieGirl1 Do you know when the 30% off SC sale starts?  I have my eye on a couple eye palettes, and would like to mark my calendar.  Is it bad when you calendar is filled with beauty sales instead of social events?

@greeneyedgirl107 Social events?  What are those? 😅  It looks like they'll be on sale starting 11/5 through the duration of the Holiday Sale Event.

@CookieGirl1 Thanks!

@Guessgal was kind enough to share her f&f code with me (so was @haleyvvvv) so I’m planning on getting most of the haul started soon. 
lots of holiday gifts coming my way soon. 

@Nickelliebear1 Awww I love this! ❤️ Glad we got you covered! 
@haleyvvvv Great minds think alike 🙌🏻

2 Replies
testing