Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

I didn’t catch that set until Sunday @Guessgal ! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I bet it is very pretty with the new shades too! 

@Guessgal  Oh my goodness, this looks amazing!

@Guessgal @ooooh - the port color in that lip palette  is so pretty 

So pretty! Love a great mini set too, plus you can’t go wrong with WA.

Not meant to be? LOL

So I’ve ordered the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit as well as the PMG Celestial holiday palette, both of which I was SO waiting for. They showed up earlier this week together. Yay! ❤️ Opened the heavy box (I’d also ordered the Biggie Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum cream) and the lovely packers at the Sephora warehouse had wrapped both palettes well (no sarcasm there) but then placed the heavy box containing the bum bum cream on top of both palettes with no other packing material or buffering. 🤷🏼‍♀️
So for 2 years in a row now, my PMG holiday palette arrived with broken shadows. This year only had one broken shadow and I would just live with it but it’s the gorgeous green - Citrine Envy that arrived completely shattered, nothing left in pan. The color I was most looking forward to. 😢 Same with the HG ambient lighting palette.

Tomorrow the replacements are due to arrive. At this point, I don’t have high hopes. I’ve had so many high end palettes arrive broken, I really wish Sephora would do a better job at their warehouses. When I showed the pics of both palettes in the chat to the Sephora employee, she was just so nonchalant about it, like yea yea yea, I hear about this daily. 

Anyway, I know this isn’t the place for this. I am really excited about the upcoming sale. Plus a big thank you to @Mcakes for sharing a code for the friends and family sale. Much appreciated! ❤️ I was able to get some restocks of skin care along with the above palettes and biggie Bum Bum!

Holiday Savings Event basket includes:

Dior Dior Forever Couture Luminizer Highlighter Powder 02 Pink Glow 

#Freck Beauty Rich B$*t Cactus + Vitamin C Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  (I couldn’t tag this product because the product name is a violation. LOL even though that’s the legit name of the product.)

HUDA BEAUTY GloWish Multidew Vegan Skin Tint Foundation 03 Light 

Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette 

Well my replacement PMG palette arrived yesterday afternoon, broken. 😞 I contacted customer service and just opted to get my money back. I’ve ordered the palette directly from PMG website and hoping for better luck. On the plus side, the HG ambient edit arrived unscathed this time. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I just saw on IG that Natasha Denona is releasing a mini Metropolis palette, so that is definitely going in my cart for the Holiday Sale. Fingers crossed that all palettes I order make it to me intact.

Oh no @StellaBG 😭 I am so sorry that happened to your PMG palette!! That is the worst. It didn't happen to me this time, but it has happened to me before with the Mothership palettes. So devastating 😩 I hope your replacement will be perfect! Heart 

Forgot to mention the Urban Decay Naked Cyber Eyeshadow Palette  This is right there at the top of  my list! ❤️ The duochromes in this palette look so pretty although the swatches didn’t appear too great. I feel that it’s going to work so much better on the eyes. Sometimes you just can’t tell with an arm swatch. 
I’ve never really cared about the other neutral UD naked palettes  but I’m really excited about this one and I adored Naked Wild West. 

What a bummer about your palette, @StellaBG 😞

@StellaBG I have heard others PMG palettes arriving broken with the same green shade. I ordered mine from PMG direct and am hoping it comes in tact. 

Thanks to your post @StellaBG , I moved numerous items from my cart to pick up in store option.

You’re so lucky to have a store nearby to use that option @Loretta55  ❤️

Although my debit card appreciates the distance between my house and the nearest Sephora (approx 50 miles away) 🤣😂

Thanks to living in a NYC bedroom community @StellaBG , I have multiple options. I realize that my wallet is not happy with that.

I just purchased quite a lot (and re-rouged) during the F&F sale, but I know there's a few small restocks that I'll need to pick up.  Here's what I just purchased:

Aquis Waffle Luxe Hair Turban - giving it a try.

Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel Soft Brunette - it appears they may be discontinuing the Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel? Everything but Chestnut is sold out everywhere.  Going to try this instead.

Kérastase Blond Absolu Anti-Brass Purple Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL - restock.

SK-II GenOptics Aura Essence Serum 1.6 oz - a restock that I use off and on.

For fun, because I went all in, I guess:

TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick Forbidden Pink 

TOM FORD Gloss Luxe Lip Gloss 22 Sunrise Pink 

Yay you deserve it @curlychiquita ! 🎉 I’m anxious to hear about the eyebrow stuff. I forgot about that and want to try it sometime! Next sale I guess! 

@curlychiquita @I do love those hair turbans! I wish they made full size towels lol 

I found that DevaCurl DEVATOWEL™ Anti-Frizz Microfiber Towel dries my hair quickest @Kim888 @curlychiquita . I still like your option though.

Thanks, @Loretta55, that's good to know for next time!

I keep going back to the DevaCurl DevaTwist Anti-Frizz Microfiber Towel @curlychiquita . I really do notice a difference in the air dry time.

@Loretta55 I didn’t know there was a deva curl option with the button! That’s the one thing I really liked on the Aquis ones! 

I tagged the wrong product @Kim888, it is DevaCurl DEVATOWEL™ Anti-Frizz Microfiber Towel . It really does help shave off dry time when air drying. I rewatched some defusing videos because I have not defused my hair in about 6 months.

testing