Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

@greeneyedgirl107, that PC BHA 2% is a tried and true beauty!!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

@greeneyedgirl107 ooooh that too faced palette would be very beginner friendly!

@cianni I keep waiting for it to go on sale 50% off, as TF does occasionally.  I own two of the original, but the current one is slightly different!

@greeneyedgirl107 those sales get me too! 

Nice choices! @greeneyedgirl107 

For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - Sephora Favorites Sparkly Clean Makeup Set 

A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face -  The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  or CLINIQUE Acne Solutions™ Clinical Clearing Gel 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Love those Sephora Favorites sets @faeriegirl! I still have a lot ot learn about makeup but am not a newbie and I'd love seeing that set under the tree! 😍

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  is a best seller for a reason 🤩, great picks! @faeriegirl 

It’s one of the only products my son will use @CynthieLu .

Week 6: 

For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection

I think some of the kaja trios would work well for someone new to makeup.  A lot of them are multi-purpose and don't require brushes, making them user friendly.

Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio 

Kaja Face Bento Cream Bronzer, Powder Blush & Highlighter Sculpting Trio 

The Kaja sets make great gifts @PrettyPaint - the products are good and that packaging! So cute!

@PrettyPaint great suggestion! the Kaja line is so cute! plus compact and easy to store! (until they have to graduate into full blow organization set ups like a lot of us here haha) i remember i literally had one makeup bag that was a free GWP i think, and that was my entire collection until i was just about graduated university!

@cianni Wow - that would actually be kind of freeing to keep everything in one bag, though I still don't think I could give up my quite substantial collection.

@PrettyPaint oh i could not go back to that now... i had one eyeshadow palette (a MAC quad... not even a 9 pan!), two lip glosses, maybe two liquid lipsticks, a blush (it was absolutely in shade paaaaarty), a pencil eyeliner, a liquid liner, a powder foundation, setting spray (UD all nighter - my OG) and a couple mascaras. i'm both mortified and jealous that my younger self didn't feel the need to use/own concealer or setting powder, however i am exclusively mortified at the lack of highlighter/anything liquid. cringing at how dry and powdery i must have been between the powder foundation and dry matte liquid lippies!

Those are a trait nice way to get started in makeup @PrettyPaint , great gift ideas! 🎁 

Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 

For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 

This is the exact reason why i love the Sephora Favourites kits, and other brand-specific holiday sets. It's a great way to build a collection without having to commit to full sizes of everything, and be able to test out what you like. i defintely fell victim to this when i started building a collection.. i definitely didnt need a full size of EVERYTHING, especially some of the bolder products (not sure if anyone remembers this product, but i had the UD Disco Queen Highlighter... 10g of holographic purple highlighter. loved it, and it was definitely on trend for the time, but even a DS would have been moooooooore than enough!)

Some of my favourites for this category

• HUDA BEAUTY Empowered Lip Trio Set 
  • Benefit Cosmetics Mascara Mixer Full-Size Mascara Trio Set 
  • MILK MAKEUP Bronze, Glow, Go 3-Minute Face and Eye Set 
  • tarte SEA Modern Mosaic Palette Wardrobe 
  • tarte Gilded Glamour Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Wardrobe 
  • ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Three Queens Primer, Powder and Setting Spray Set Translucent 
  • Morphe Coca-Cola® x Morphe Sweep It Real Brush Collection (or any Morphe brush set. i feel like it's a rite of passage to have morphe brushes when you start your makeup journey!)

There were a lot of SF sets, but i think they US sets are very different from the CA ones, so i couldnt tag any. the holiday lip set is always my favourite, but the mascara one is perfect too.

A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy 

This is a tougher one, but i have brothers so I think i may have figured it out! 

• Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Kit - i love the breakout booster, and i know it works! this was a hit with my brothers because the face wash was left in the shower (ease + consistency is the only way to go with teenaged boys!), and the breakout booster is for spot treatment, so it's not something you need to put on your face all the time)
  • Peace Out Acne Mega, 2.0 - works like a charm, only needs to be used when youre having a breakout, and you won't even feel it if you wear them overnight!
  • The INKEY List Back to Basics: Goodbye Acne Skincare Set - same idea as the Dermalogica, and at a price point that might be more accessible for him to repurchase!

Great recommendations @cianni. I love how you explained a way to build a collection and how you put things into categories.

@EmilyManaba thanks!!

Great recs @cianni! There are a bunch of beauties in that Luxe at Sephora set! Fun!! ❤️

@itsfi the part i wont tell - luxe beauty is a slippery slope, and the obsession is real. i remember a few years ago when PMG came out with the mini matte trance set ( think it came in neutrals and bolds). i refreshed that page a million times waiting for it to come back in stock so i could grab them!!

A slippery slope indeed @cianni! It’s easy to go down it too. At least for me. 🙊 Ohhh, I remember those Pat McGrath Labs sets - soooooo pretty!! 😍 

2 Replies
testing