Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

Love the variety in this set @dianahbananah

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

For the teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection these are my recommendations, 

- ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Kamari ST13 

- MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer®  

- MILK MAKEUP Future Fluid All Over Medium Coverage Hydrating Concealer 

- MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Dewy Long-Lasting Setting Spray With Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.69 ... 

- Charlotte Tilbury Mini Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder 

- Morphe Blush Balm Soft-Focus Cream Blush 

- Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Pore Diffusing Primer- Always An Optimist Collection 0.50 oz./15 mL 

Try sticking to mini sized products and cream products because they are easier to learn how to use and look more natural. When you are a teen just starting with makeup you want something that is fast and easy to use but still looks natural.

A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face i would recommend, 

- Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL 

- Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Day Dots 1 pack / 20 dots 

- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

- Dr. Jart+ Teatreement™ Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

A teen age boy needs a simple skin care routine especially when they have acne. A spray is very useful because you can put it on and go. Pimple patches are very helpful to because just in case you really need something to cover up and treat a blemish. When it comes to moisturizer, just make sure they use something during the winter months. The Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and Dr. Jart+ Teatreement™ Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL are really good. For a cleanser just put one in the shower for them to use every time they shower. Some really good cleansers are by CeraVe or the The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml is amazing to. 

@EmilyManaba  Peace put acne dots are a great suggestion. Thank you

Love the Dr. Jart Cicapair line @EmilyManaba - so many great products! 😀

Lovely and thoughtful ideas @EmilyManaba I think these are all stand out choices 😀 

You have some great suggestions, @EmilyManaba.

thank you

Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼 For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection 

A great start are the Sephora Favorites sets.  They have a variety to chose from 

Sephora Favorites Clean Makeup Kit 

Sephora Favorites Makeup Must Haves Set 

Sephora Favorites Holiday Lip Set 

Sephora Favorites Extravagant Eyes 

@SportyGirly125, the Sephora Favorites sets are great for a makeup newbie as well as those who have been wearing makeup for decades - such a great way to try out some fab products.

@SportyGirly125 the lip set is my favourite every year! i always pick up one for myself and one as a gift 🙂 great suggestions!

@cianni Thank you 

The holidays always have so many great sets for teens building a collection! CLINIQUE Must-Have Makeup Set fresh Sugar Collection Lip Care Set Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Wardrobe Set Pillow Talk 

Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Essentials 4-Piece Acne Kit or Jack Black Acne Remedy Balancing Foam Cleanser 5 oz/ 148 mL seem like they’d be good options for a teen boy! Jackblack makes some really good products though I haven’t tried this one in particular 

@Kim888 the Fresh and CT lippie sets are excellent choices - for a newbie or a makeup expert!

@Kim888 Great set choices, and your right! During the holidays sets are in abundance, it's a great time to find starter gifts 🎁 😀

For the teen who is just getting into makeup and building a collection I would definitely pick up something a little more luxe for them. Depending what they prefer I would get Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow  or the Dior Lip Glow Oil  if they are more into eyeshadows I would grab Natasha Denona Mini Biba Eyeshadow Palette  or PAT McGRATH LABS Mini Smokey Eye Duo  I always like a little more of a luxe gift when I was a teen. It made me feel special. My mom got me a Chanel eye quad and I loved it. 

Ahhhh, I love that your mom gifted you a Chanel eye quad @ather💖 Love your recs - they're so luxe and would make a special gift!

@itsfi  My mom is the best! She always would get me a luxe item every Christmas and I cherished it. I felt so grown up!! 

Oooh that's sooo true.  It would be a very special and memorable moment and item a tween/teen would cherish 😍 Really great idea @ather

@CynthieLu  Thanks!! I like to be the auntie who spoils her niece and nephews!! 

I love that @ather Auntie is a very special person to be 💕

@ather this is so special!! when i was waaaay younger, my mom gifted me a Dior lipstick that was probably a purchase w purchase or GWP on something she already bought. I used it and felt sooo grownup. i still have it, although i dont wear it because it is waaaaaay past the point of no return right now. but it was the first real luxury piece i owned!

testing