Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

Thank you @EmilyManaba! Smile 😃 It’s so much fun to see everyone’s recommendations! So many great products out there. My shopping list for myself has gotten so much longer too! Hahaha! 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

Kaja and Tarte do make such great sets for teens @itsfi !

I love the variety in these sets @Kim888! ♥️ Great for teens… and 20-something’s, those in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s … 😍 

#Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’40 Bom Dia Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8 oz/ 240 mL Hair and Body Mist smells amazing. i just bought the carmel one and it smells so good

@LEClark, the SdJ mists smell soooo good and make great gifts! 

Can't recommend much to @Kim888, but for @fatimamummy I can offer some advice as a once acne prone teen boy.

1. Products are the second thing to work on - many teen boys can be resistant to this. The first thing to do is focus on routine. Cleansing when he gets up, washing his face with a cleanser at night. This alone is what helped me when I was a pimply kid working in the back of a restaurant. I think you can be brand agnostic, whatever feels good and works. Some salycilic acid product may be helpful here.

2. Once he feels more comfortable, make sure he has a lightweight moisturizer to put on during the day. Also look at a light exfoliant to toss into the shower that he can use in the mornings. The

3. Has he started shaving? When I had to start that is where I had a lot of issues in particular. Moving away from multi-blade cartridges, changing shave heads/blades more often, and using products for sensitive skin (Prorassa shave soap in particular was mana from heaven) can cut down on a lot of irritation.

4. Boys will be boys and may be resistant to "feminine" looking/smelling/marketed products. I don't know your lad, but if he is running into this wall then look at the Jack Black product line. I don't feel it is the best value and I don't like the scents for the most part, but it is 'manly' and can help overcome some objections.

This post has less product suggestions, than 'easing' the guy into habits that will keep his handsome mug looking fresh for years.

@zsplash  Thank you for taking time to respond with so many great tips.

We are working on using cleanser every night and not just splashing water on the face with moderate success, means if I remind him when he is getting ready for bed, he will do it but can’t remember on his own that’s work in progress.

He is just 13 so no shaving yet but I am taking notes for when time comes.

He doesn’t mind what a product looks like or is labeled as , at this point but doesn’t like scented products so that is one thing I keep in mind when I pick something for him.

I like the recommendation of light exfoliator in shower and will pick one up soon. Thanks again. I really appreciate your response.

Great points @zsplash! 👍 Lots of good advice you gave! 

Day 6 - For a beginner getting into makeup, it is always important to know what is needed for your skin type. I learned from a variety of products that are cheaper to build a foundation. 
Recommendations 

- Nars Foundation and concealer 

- Laura Mercier Mini Setting Powder 

- All Nighter Finishing Spray by Urban Decay

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent Urban Decay Mini All Nighter Setting Spray Ornament NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Hazelnut 

@ItGirlVick  Absolutely agree. These products have been around for years and are quality products 🤩

Fabulous product recs @ItGirlVick! These are all classics that have stood the test of time! 💗-

Hey love your stuff agree with you sorry for bothering you but have a good day.😊

Week 6 

For the teenage boy getter acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face I would gift him Murad Clarifying Cleanser .   And for the teen family member just starting out and building a makeup collection I would Sephora Favorites Clean Makeup Kit .  

Agree Murad is great for acne 

@Cherylb88  Thanks😀.  Absolutely right.  I use it periodically, but my husband uses it daily. 

The Sephora Favorites set always have such a great assortment of goodies @Cissy63💖

@itsfi  That’s exactly why I  thought you would be a terrific gift 🎁 

Excellent gift ideas @Cissy63 💚💚

@CynthieLu  Thanks 

WEEK 6

Top recommendation as someone currently shopping for a tween! The new Kaja Set is perrrrfect for someone starting a makeup collection!

Kaja ALL MY HEART Lip, Eye, and Cheek Set 

9963BFDF-BB80-4521-8579-D0AD9B71452D.jpeg

@dianahbananah I didn't know they had this!  What a great gift 🎁 

2 Replies
testing