Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

@cianni  Awww that’s such a sweet memory!! I love that you still have it too!! I still have my Chanel eye palette too. I don’t use it tho! 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

That's such a fun memory, @cianni.

That's such a fun memory, @cianni.

Great suggestion and agree @ather - those would be very special for a teen to have ! 

For 🎁  Teen with no make up but starting to build a collection, 

Morphe Morphe x Lucky Charms Make Some Magic 6-Piece Brush Set & Bag  (they have very cute starter brush sets, this is just one example)

Sephora Favorites Blush N' Glow Cheek Set 

Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette 

(These mini palettes are excellent, this one is a little neutral nude to start out with)

Sephora Favorites Mini Mascara Set with Full-Size Voucher 

Try out the Minis and when you find one you like you can use the voucher to get a full size 😉)

💚❤️❤️💚 A gift for the teen boy starting to get acne, who dosen't out anything on his face:

Introductory sets targeted for acne troubles;

The INKEY List Back to Basics: Goodbye Acne Skincare Set 

Jack Black The Acne Remedy Collection Set 

Pair this with some face cloths and Peace Out Hero Solutions Kit 

Or

Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 

Great recommendations @CynthieLu I am taking notes

Great set recs @CynthieLu! And you can't go wrong with Natasha Denona 😍 or Peace Out! 

I agree @itsfi they are both excellent 👍 😁

Great list. I have tried the Inky List set it is amazing. 

Inky is so good and affordable! @EmilyManaba both important things 😋

@CynthieLu the mascara sampler is great with the voucher!! the gift that keeps on giving! that ND is great too. super neutral, plus i believe there is a holiday version available right now that's the same price and comes with a brush! perfect for someone who maybe doesnt have a lot of brushes in their collection just yet! Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Kit - Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette & Eyeshadow Brush 

Ooh I love when they come with a brush and a beginner would really appreciate that little perk 😁💗 @cianni thank you!

For the teen member I would get them a brush set: for starters  SEPHORA COLLECTION Essential Brush Set 

for the teenage boy I would get a good cleanser or a visit to a dermatologist depending on how bad the acne is 

Yes to a good brush set @idanyd! The Sephora Collection offers so many good ones to choose from.

I am all ears and eyes to learn any wisdom as of how to get my boy to take care of his acne. 

@fatimamummy, ohhh, I feel for you and your son. I was lucky that I didn't have acne when I was a teen, but I sure made up for that as an adult ... for years. Still get breakouts occasionally. Hope you find something that works well for treating his acne. 

@itsfi @I never got acne in my life but my daughter started having it as soon she turned 10. Hers was bad enough that we needed to see a dermatologist that she is still seeing at 17 to keep things under control. My son just started showing early signs so I am trying to get him in a somewhat regular routine 🤞🏼

I hope you see something you think he'll like @fatimamummy 

We are experimenting with some stuff and figuring out what and how much he is willing to do 😂

That sounds like a great start @fatimamummy good luck to you and him! 💙

Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 

For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools

Hmmm...for the cold weather it might be fun to use CANOPY The Canopy Humidifier Starter Set Rose 

For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand

Echoing the others who tagged Paula's Choice Do More For your Pores Kit .‍️

Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 

For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Essential Eye Makeup Brush Set Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette 

A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face 

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 

testing