Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 5 - Share your best skincare gift picks!

@Cissy63 oooh that sculpting tool would be sooo luxe a gift, anyone would be lucky to recieve it! Very sweet shopping ideas

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 5 - Share your best skincare gift picks!

@CynthieLu  Thank you 😀

• For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 

-For something budget friendly, I'd suggest a Mount Lai Amethyst Roller standard size #

-A good mid-range budget pick, I'd consider a Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen Snow Leopard 

-And for a money-is-no-object option, I'd go for the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro 

• For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  

Who doesn't love a good skincare set? For this friend, I'd probably consider Paula's Choice Do More For your Pores Kit , belif Glow-on-the-Go Holiday Travel Kit , and the Peter Thomas Roth Masking Minis 5-Piece Mask Kit 

These are all great options @quspork and you included something for every budget 😄 

@quspork  These are great choices 😀

Thanks, @Cissy63 --- so many good options here to pick from, it's hard to narrow down on some of these questions!

@quspork I've totally gifted PTR mask sets!

Me too, @greeneyedgirl107- they're a great way for someone to be able to try out multiple options and to find a new favorite. 

Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 

For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools - @Saradestin 

Under $25:

$25 - $50

Over $50

• PMD Clean Smart Facial Cleansing Device 
  • DERMAFLASH DERMAPORE Ultrasonic Pore Extractor & Serum Infuser 

Over $100:

For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand - @ather 

Under $25:

$25 - $50

$50 - $100:

Over $100

Over $200

• Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro 

DDG spectralite mask.jpg

DDG Spectralite (interior)DDG Spectralite (interior)

My new toyMy new toy

Acne CareAcne Care

This is simply amazing @itsfi ! When I find myself not knowing what gift to get for someone, I am going to call you! 😁 Spectacular!

That’s such a nice thing to say @Saradestin! Thank you. 😊 There’s so many beauties to choose from and I love that there’s so many great resources in BIC for product reviews and gift recommendations! 

@itsfi  Wow!!! You have hit both of these out of the park!! How did I not think of the gua sha or the cooling globes!! For the acne prone friend you also came up with so many great ideas! The dots make such a great gifts!! I may need to use some of these ideas for my secret Santa who is skincare obsessed like such a perfect person for me to shop for! 

Awww, thank you @ather! I feel like my struggles over the years with adult acne and maskne has given me oh so many opportunities to try different products and see what works when, etc. 😆 

Your secret Santa completely lucked out with you! You’ll have to let us know what you decide to go with. 

@itsfi  Well so far I got her a paint by numbers it’s an elephant one and it said those are her favourites! I wanted to gift her a S.C. foot and hand mask but I think she would know it’s me. So I’m a little on the fence. I’m going to put her favourite chocolate and some face and hair masks. And I’m stuck on the rest.

Oh, those are some fabulous goodies you’ve picked out for your secret santa @ather. 😃 What about adding a lip balm or scrub? Or foot or bath salts? Or a candle? 

@itsfi  Oh yes those are great ideas! I’m definitely going to add those to my list! 

@ather, your office secret santa sure lucked out that you picked her name - she's gonna be spoiled! 🎁

@itsfi  Oh wow such wonderful choices.  Breaking them down by cost is very helpful 🥰

Thank you @Cissy63! 😊 I love that there are such great options at different price points! 

Woah, great suggestions @itsfi ! How does the Beauty bio compare to the Derma flash one? DERMAFLASH DERMAPORE Ultrasonic Pore Extractor & Serum Infuser Icy Pink 

@Buootiful, the dermaflash extracts gunk out of pores allowing serums to work more effectively. The dermaflash doesn’t include a serum/solution.

The BeautyBio is similar to a hydrafacial and the in store perk facials. It includes a solution containing hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid. It also acts to purify pores at at the same time infuses the skin with the hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid serum. The BeautyBio also has a blue light LED feature. 

4 Replies
testing