Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 5 - Share your best skincare gift picks!

For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools 

well if you’ve got not budget Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro ! If you’re looking for something a bit more reasonable, FOREO LUNA™ fofo Fuchsia or SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush 

For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand 

best time of year for mask sets! Origins Mask This Way 5-Mask Starter Set Peter Thomas Roth Masking Minis 5-Piece Mask Kit 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 5 - Share your best skincare gift picks!

@Kim888  DDG makes many choices 🥰

@Kim888   I’m itching to buy something for red light therapy.   I can’t decide on which device to go for though cause there are so many options. 

There are sooo many @heartsmyface 

I bought one last year,  The DermaBeam Pro. I struggled with the same thing, choosing one 😅 What ones are on your maybe list?

For my skincare obsessed friend who doesn’t have all the tools I would grab them a Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro or Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ EyeCare Pro or even DERMAFLASH DERMAPORE Ultrasonic Pore Extractor & Serum Infuser Icy Pink all great choices. I even catch my husband using my dermapore! 

I think a gift like one of those, would absolutely hit it out of the ball park @ather lovely gift ideas! 

@CynthieLu  Thank you!! We are doing secret Santa at my work but we have a limit on how much we spend. But the person I got is a skin care enthusiast! I’m so excited!! 

Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 

NuFACE Trinity Facial Toning Device Original 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ BodyWare Pro 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Pro Facial Steamer 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Turn Your Glow On FaceWare Pro Set 

PMD Clean Pro Jade 

Mount Lai The Jade Facial Spa Set 

@SportyGirly125  These are impressive choices 🥰

@Cissy63 Thank you 

These gifts would be so impressive! 🎁 🤩

@SportyGirly125 

@CynthieLu Thank you 

@SportyGirly125 I just bought a Trinity. Have you tried it? I’ve only been using it about a week or so but I think I see some lifting? Idk just yet.

@makeitup305 @I bought one last year. It works but you have to do it religiously. 

@SportyGirly125 that’s what I’ve heard. I’ve been pretty good about it since I got it, I just need to stay consistent. I actually just picked up the eye attachment too, since I feel like I’m starting to see some lines.

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 4 - Share gift ideas for those you're grateful for!

Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌

I love this category, because we all have people in our lives who go above and beyond❤️

• Skinfix Barrier+ Nutrient Water Misting Tonic 3.4 oz/ 100 mL - brings a little pep back to the face, which especially useful when you've been wearing a mask all day!
  • Consonant Sulfate Free Organic Hand Wash and Consonant Organic Hand Cream 4 oz/ 118 mL - i've purchased this combo numerous times for the frontline workers in my life. it works well, and is fragrance free, so it won't be a problem at their workplace (no allergens or issues when working with individuals who may have sensitivities!)
  • Caudalie Beauty Elixir Set - similar to the SkinFix, but i find this one just has a more luxurious feel, but it is scented, so I wanted to provide options for those who are in scent-free workplaces)
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Hand Mask - anyone can benefit from this in the winter, but especially those who are constantly washing their hands, or have kindly shovelled the whole neighborhoods driveways after a snow!
  • fresh Self-Care Masking Set - i love this holiday set every year. a great way to enjoy some well-deserved me-time
  • NEST New York Wall Diffuser Festive Set -  luxe and relaxing! plus there are so many lovely scents to choose from
  • #Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage & Body Oil Rollerball 0.27 oz/ 8 mL Rollerball - because a value size of IcyHot just doesnt have the same gifting appeal
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Wooden Body Massager - i purchased this recently and loved it. seems to be pretty popular in my house, because it's been "missing" for a while 🤔
  • Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil - the lavender scent on this is so relaxing. after a long day, taking off any makeup (or just washing your face!) with this scented oil just feels right. it's a small luxury that makes all the difference in your end of the day routine

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 4 - Share gift ideas for those you're grateful for!

@cianni 

I appreciate your suggestions. I had never heard of the Consonant Sulfate Free Organic Hand Wash or the Consonant Organic Hand Cream 4 oz/ 118 mL . These sound like products that would be good for my sensitive hands that are eczema prone. 👍

@thecatsmeow yes!! i think they would be great. fragrance free is always the way to go with ultra sensitive skin! i personally also like the Skinfix Eczema Kit - you may be able to find some other products that work for you in the line. it's not carried at Sephora, but Skinfix also has a children and baby line. I've personally used products from that line for myself, because they're formulated even gentler, if that's something that you need. i picked mine up at a drugstore (i'm in Canada, so not sure where the kids line would be sold in the US)

@cianni Thank you! 😊

Ooooh lovely! 😍

These are so thoughtful @cianni 

I think the lavender scented facial cleansing oil sounds heavenly!

@CynthieLu i honestly would keep buying it even if it didn't work as well because of how nice the scent is, but happy to report that it's also extremely effective!

testing