Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 2 - Share Your Fragrance Gift Picks!

@GG84 totally agree.  They're so luxe!

For the teacher who loves a good holiday sent, you need to make sure that you are giving something that is suitable for a wide range of people. You also need to make sure that you are not giving something too expensive or too cheap. Not all teachers (especially preschool teachers) where perfume   of cologne as it can bother the students, so make sure the gift is something the teacher will like. If you don't know what they would like, you can ask you child if there teacher wears any sent and if so, what type of sent (if it is fruity, or woody), this will help get a sense of what fragrance type is best to bye. In my opinion some perfect gift ideas are

image.png NEST New York Mini Wellness Candle Duo  

image.png Valentino Mini Donna Born In Roma & Voce Viva Perfume Set 

image.png Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Penspray Trio Set 

image.png VOLUSPA French Cade & Lavender Home Diffuser 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

image.png VOLUSPA Santal Vanille Home Diffuser 

For the teen boy who’s ready to try something nicer than drugstore body spray, they may not know what sents they like so a sample set or a minis set would be great. Here are some sets that i think would be great.

image.png Commodity Discovery Set 

image.png Sephora Favorites Deluxe Cologne Sampler Set 

Great ideas @EmilyManaba 

I think the VOLUSPA Santal Vanille Home Diffuser looks so lovely and would smell so good 😄

For Teacher:

I think any of the VOLUSPA Holiday Mini Tin Trio Set or possibly one of the #VOLUSPA Apple Blue Clover Reed Diffuser 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Diffuser 

There are also a lot of really nice scented Hand creams sets.. 

For Son:

I purchased thisSephora Favorites Holiday Cologne Sampler for my son last year for Christmas when he was 15! He absolutely LOVED it! Makes such a great gift and he can full bottle of what cologne he likes! It really saves money and you can be sure he is getting something he likes! I purchased another one this year! We are making it a tradition! He used the little sample sizes when we traveled too! 

For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 

I know this first one isn't necessarily a holiday scent, but it's my all time fave! I get compliments on it every day BURBERRY Her Eau de Parfum 

In more of a winter holiday spirit I would recommend the NEST New York Wild Mint & Eucalyptus Candle 

I love this candle it smells so good!

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 8.10.36 PM.png

• For the teacher

VOLUSPA 12 Day Advent Calendar  

https://www.sephora.com/product/12-day-advent-calendar-P501343?skuId=2600252

• For the young man

Sephora Favorites Deluxe Cologne Sampler Set  

https://www.sephora.com/product/deluxe-cologne-sampler-set-P502198?skuId=2612612

@shay1805 , I like the idea of the advent calendar for a teacher

I purchased Givenchy Interdit Rouge and Commodity Milk Bold.

they both smell divine and perfect to give as gifts.

Love these ideas! @Chloe1969 

For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 

I find scents can be a bit personal, so I would go with gifts sets like these that contain a few different scents and scent related products.

NEST New York Festive Petite Diffuser Trio Set 

Sephora Favorites Self Care Sampler Set 

That nest set looks so nice @myxducky 

You are SO right - scents are super personal! I love your Nest recommendation 

@ChooseDior Yes! there are some scents I love in a candle, diffuser, or room spray, but not as a fragrance on myself and vice versa

Agreed! Or scents that I love on my friends but don't love the way it smells when I wear it 🤷‍♀️

Juliette Has a Gun Mini Bestselling Not A Perfume Set 

smells amazing and safe for all skin types, you just can’t go wrong at a great price point… two minis for the price of one

@kelley79 minis are always a great choice! enough to get a feel for the fragrance but not such a big size that you're committed for the long haul quite yet

I love these perfumes @kelley79 and the minis look so cute! 😍

Good present ideas @kelley79 😃

For a teenager, maybe the Versace Mini Cologne Gift Set . You could always add a note saying you'll take them to pick out the one they like the most after they get to give them a try.

For a teacher, depending on the budget, a candle set I think would be better than a fragrance. There's so many good mini candle sets this year! Boy Smells Mini Candle Trio Set NEST New York Festive Votive Trio Set 3 x 2 oz/ 57 g SEPHORA COLLECTION Cozy Vibes Mini Candle Set VOLUSPA Mini Decorative Tin Trio VOLUSPA Holiday Mini Tin Trio Set VOLUSPA Winter Wonder Candle Gift Set 

You could also break up sets and add a Starbucks gift card and some treats.

Here are 2 fragrances I think are good for fall/winter:

Big surprise fragrance #PHLUR Somebody Wood Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL spray , it is a cozy warm fragrance 

Another fragrance I am falling for is KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray , it is a sophisticated scent perfect for holiday dinners

testing