Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans

Realistic green scents โ€Œโ€Œ๐ŸŒฟ

Thought I'd share some green scents, especially as there's been a bit of a green resurgence in niche and it's a great note for a sultry summer ๐Ÿ’š

Classic green vintages

• Vent Vert by Balmain. Crisp, daring, bitter. Opens with a bracing galbanum paired with florals. Not an easy wear for today but so influential, you can smell it in a lot of modern greens. The style has been revived in recent years via Tom Ford's Vert line with Fleur, Boheme. Arquiste's Ella is another one that I prefer to the TFs. Malle's Synthetic Jungle is another recent throwback release. 
  • Chanel No. 19. Another benchmark green fragrance using a classic structure that's good to know as a reference point. An easier wear than VV but will still read kind of retro. 

Contemporary light and fresh plant-y greens

• Premier Figuier by L'Artisan P. The very first fig scent on the market was composed by Olivia Giacobetti. Stunning for its time, a pleasant wear. Also see Philosykos. People tend to think of greens as difficult and icy but these are very easy wears and are both lovely.
  • Hermes has a few like Eau de Gentaine, Eau de Orange Vert. Bitter, fresh, some a wee bit experimental. I think the whole line is worth exploring although they're not all as green.
  • Ealing Green by 4160 Tuesdays. Just a pleasant wear, crisp but no sharp edges featuring herbs.
  • Eau de Celeri by Monsillage. A Canadian one ๐Ÿ™‚ This one manages to impart freshness without resorting to citruses. You get that snap of a celery stalk, and there's a nod to VV. Creative.
  • Earl Grey and Cucumber by Jo Malone. I can't remember this one but sounds great for this time of year. Jo Malone London Basil & Neroli Cologne this one is also a great combo.

Do you have any favourite greens? Let me know if you're curious about other greens like coniferous trees, forests, the mints, vetivers and so on ๐Ÿ’š

Re: Realistic green scents โ€Œโ€Œ๐ŸŒฟ

Some great input from everyone in the comments. When I first read this thread the perfume that instantly came to my mind for about as green of a perfume as it can get is Grass by LUSH Cosmetics. I actually have never owned this scent in the perfume version but I worked at LUSH ages ago during college when this perfume was first coming out and remember it being all the rave. I used to spritz myself with it at work all the time however, admittedly I tend to reach for green perfumes sparingly but this was was truly something special. Smells spot on to freshly cut grass (hence the name) yet in such a beautiful, unisex way. I believe now they only sell it in a very large bottle but I would say it's definitely worth the sampling trip to your local LUSH Cosmetics if that sounds like something you would enjoy. ๐Ÿ™‚ This also used to be made in a shower gel version which was super nice especially for the summer time that I wish they would bring back โค๏ธ

lush-grass-shower-gel-75-1621317889.png

@pocketvenus Back in 2016 Luckyscent had a green sampler pack that I ordered. I remember they were pretty good and strong. I know I still have them all. I'm going to go dig and see what I can find. 

I think these were included in the Green Sampler pack. Some might be from the 2016 Un-boxing pack... 

D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy

Atelier Trefle Pur

Mad et Len Blue in Musc

The Vagabond Prince Bass Solo

Atelier Emeraude Agar

Comme des Garcon Amazingreen

Tom Ford Vert des Bois

Eau d'italie Jardin du

Poete Olfactive Studio Panorama

@Samtian Thanks for sharing this list! I am not familiar with half of those fragrances and it's always nice to learn about more greens ๐Ÿ™‚

@pocketvenus Yep!!! 

@pocketvenus I don't have many green scented perfumes but I really like Hermes Sur du Nil and Diptyque's Eau de Sens and Pacifica's Green Clean roller. I'm not sure if Hermes Rhubarb is a green but I really like it too.

@Margalee Ah, I forgot all about Pacifica. I loved their soaps ๐Ÿ™‚ Hermes Rhubarb, maybe an aromatic? It's really interesting. Nil I would definitely count as green or an aromatic green.

@pocketvenus I wish there were more green scents out there.  The only one I'm familiar with is Gucci Envy.  I read years ago that Balenciaga's Florabotanica was an excellent green but when I had looked for it, it had been discontinued.

@greeneyedgirl107 I've never tried Florabotanica, I should give it a shot ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107 TjMaxx has Balenciaga's Florabotanica.

@Margalee interesting!
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 45 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • lush-grass-shower-gel-75-1621317889.png
testing