cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Sunscreen safe for pregnancy

Hi all,

I’m currently pregnant and dealing with extra sensitive skin these days. I am a big believer in SPF but have been struggling to find a good one for my skin currently. I most recently tried the Summer Friday ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen, it made my skin very irritated. I’ve previously tried Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 + and did not love the consistency of it. 

I’m hoping someone has a recommendation of for an SPF that is gentle for sensitive skin, all recommendations are welcome. Thank you! 😊

Re: Sunscreen safe for pregnancy

Congrats on your pregnancy! Zinc based all the way- zinc is an ingredient your skin and body need anyway (big part of a healthy immune system.)

It can have a little learning curve for application bc people freak out about a white cast, but just keep massaging it in gently and it'll work in for most folks. Physical (mineral) sunscreens can often feel a little thicker on the skin to folks that aren't used to them, so this is something that may take a moment to get used to. 

A few options that I've used and like: 

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer SPF 30

Saint James Ritual Pore Smoothing SPF 30 

Or, if you really can't tolerate the texture of the liquids: 

Supergoop Glowsetting 100% Mineral powder

*this one is great to have one at home and one in the purse for reapplication. I am very fair and burn easily but used this as my only sunscreen for a vacation thru Italy in high summer. Even on the day I spent in the Adriatic sea, I didn't burn even a bit. 

There are lighter feeling options out there, but they're all going to be chemical based sunscreens, which I personally avoid. I assume since you are in the clean beauty group you may want to as well. Hope this helps!

I used Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA +++ 

any mineral sunscreen is safe since the product sits on top of your skin (doesn’t soak in &  get into your blood stream). 

I don’t have any specific recommendations from the site, but there is a blog run by a pediatric critical care doctor I’ve found who goes over a lot of different pregnancy safe skincare. Congrats and hope this can help!

@sydneyyball Congrats on the pregnancy.  This is something to ask your OB GYN.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing