To our Beauty Community,
As we all continue to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely, we wanted to reach out and share the actions Sephora North America is taking to keep our stores safe and clean for you, our employees, and the community at large. As your trusted partner in beauty, we are committed to delivering the Sephora experience you know and love in an environment that promotes and protects the well-being of all across the US and Canada.
Hygiene standards for our people, store environment, products, and tools are and will always be a top priority. However, as the situation continues to evolve in North America, we have taken additional actions to ensure our entire organization is here to serve you in the safest way possible. All store employees have been trained to uphold and practice these measures, and we are closely following the latest guidance from the CDC, WHO, local governments, and public health agencies.
These enhanced safety measures include:
- Regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas, including workstations, product displays, and hygiene stations, with a hospital-grade disinfecting cleaner
- Increasing accessibility of hand sanitizers for clients and employees at multiple stations across each store to protect the safety of the community in and outside our stores
- Cleaning all display testers with disinfectant multiple times per day and replacing as needed. It is, however, advised not to directly apply makeup that may have been used by others, but rather test it on your arm and use a disposable applicator. If you are still unsure, please ask a Beauty Advisor for assistance on how best to test or sample a product.
- As a precautionary measure, and for the welfare and safety of our clients and employees, we are suspending all paid and free in-store services, makeup and skincare applications, and classes until further notice. We invite you to engage with our well-trained employees who are happy to teach and coach on how to use and apply product through face charts and tools like our Digital Makeover Guide and Virtual Artist. We will inform any clients with current online bookings of this change, and we look forward to welcoming back our clients in the future
- Increasing weekly deep cleanings of our stores and distribution centers
- Ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay at home if they are feeling unwell. We offer sick pay for all full-time and hourly employees, and any employee who is asked to self-quarantine or is quarantined will continue to be paid.
- Establishing a dedicated command center in our San Francisco and Toronto offices with representatives from critical business units to guide our organization swiftly in response to this evolving issue and ensure the care of our community
We are prepared to navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s safety in mind. While our stores currently remain open for business, we recognize you may choose to shop from home. In an effort to provide the most inclusive beauty experience and meet our clients’ needs during this time, we are waiving standard shipping fees starting now until the end of March on sephora.com, sephora.ca, and the Sephora app. To redeem, please use code FREESHIP.*
Thank you for being a loyal Sephora client.
President and CEO, Sephora Americas
*Terms and conditions apply.
UPDATE (3/15): Due to COVID-19, some of our store hours are impacted and some stores are now closed. Please reach out to your local store directly for the most up-to-date info.
UPDATE (3/15): To prevent sharing of misinformation, we’ve turned off comments on this thread. Again we ask that you reach out directly to stores for the most up-to-date information regarding store hours and closures.