Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

Unless I’m mistaken, we don’t yet have a thread dedicated to this amazing brand and Founder/CEO, Danessa Myricks. She launched her line at Sephora in February 2021. I have been so impressed with everything I’ve tried from her brand! I have been following her on Instagram for many years prior to that and was so excited for her to come to my favorite beauty retailer, Sephora. As a makeup artist, she always seems so genuine, warm and positive, and her line was founded on inclusivity and creativity.

On her website, she has instructional videos, some free and some for subscribers or purchase. She does incredible looks with color, but I’ve always been impressed with her complexion looks on all skin colors, tones, and textures. I started following her when I was working part time as a makeup artist at Sephora and I wanted to become more familiar with makeup colors on darker skin tones.

My first purchases from her line were the Colorfix pigments, which can be used anywhere, can be mixed together, and are incredibly versatile. They come in mattes and shimmers/foils in a massive range of colors. Most recently I have absolutely fallen in love with herDanessa Myricks Beauty Lightwork Vol. IV: Transcendence Palette - Illuminating Eye & Face Pigments . It is a phenomenally stunning palette with shades that are guaranteed to turn heads!

Even though I’ve even on a foundation no buy, I couldn’t resist her Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Serum Foundationand Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide .

I’ve added a pic of my current DM collection below. I’m missing a couple items from this pic, so I’ll update once I have everything together. 

So, please join me in sharing your loves and observations and pics from this great beauty line! Please post here and tag me if you catch announcements of any beauty releases or other news!

DM Sephora Brand Page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/danessa-myricks-beauty

2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg

From the DM Website:

73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg

Tags:

Re: The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

All the MyKitCo sets are available on the DM website. I wish she sold some individually! I just want that slanted dense brush.

makeitup305_0-1715832928429.png

@makeitup305and @WinglessOne , heh, I double and tripled checked the IG story to see what brushes were demo'ed and any mention of individuals being release.  The fact the brushes weren't separately listed, the way they were talking about the makeup show, just showing the box as well as teasing winning a set during the live kinda made me feel that wasn't happening.   Or, at least that is what I told myself as my excuse to get a set 😂 . Also, it was a MD's present to myself.

However, I was surprised to see 5 different versions though, so maybe if they do well, they'll sell them individually.  That or maybe DM attack them to your cause.

I originally was going to get the starter and the detail set, but then there's a lack of shapes in face brushes, and a redundancy IMO in eye brushes, in particular the brow and small brushes.  I ended up with face, and if there's any standouts, I would love totally use that as an excuse to get backups.

@danielledanielle I usually don't mind the redundancy, especially in eye brushes, but I get what you mean. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on your set.

@makeitup305  Yeah, I was also hoping some would be sold individually. Since they’re all in sets, it’s easier for me to pass on them and stick to my “nope, don’t buy lots of new brushes” low-buy. 😅

@WinglessOne same. I think the sets are reasonably priced and seem good quality. The shapes are really functional, too, unlike many cheap sets. If I didn't have so many brushes already, I would more than likely pick up one. Who knows, I might cave at some point still 😅

@makeitup305  Heh, I do occasionally look the eye and detail sets and try to talk myself into buying one. “Okay but, is it really so bad to get another [pick a brush size + shape + task] if you’d also get [brush(es) I might not have in my collection]?” Gotta stay strong! 

I don’t remember if Beautylish is getting these brushes; I assume they will since they sell both brands. I could use Beautylish rewards on a set. Or I could go stare at all my brushes to remind myself I don’t need more. 🫠

@WinglessOne lol same here. I do use most of my brushes pretty consistently, especially eye and cheek brushes. I find myself truly overwhelmed/shocked by the amount I own when I have to wash them. 

New palette

1000004507.png

I’ll probably get this, but the layout does super annoy me! It does remind me of that Urban Decay Kirsten Leanne palette which also annoyed me, but which I also bought. I do want to swatch in store, though. I was wondering everyone’s thoughts so I’m glad I could log in today!  @danielledanielle @CynthieLu @WinglessOne @makeitup305 

@sister13 sorry you're still struggling so much with logging in. My issues have gotten better as long as I do the workaround but it's still annoying. Hopefully they get resolved soon.

@sister13, ugh the log in issue...hoping it ends someday.

Haha, I don't remember the exact palette, so I had to Google it, but I remember the outrage 😂.  It makes you wonder when it's being conceptualized what didn't pass.

I actually loved the *Daydream* Kirsten UD cross over lol. 😅 but that little palette was nothing like the bigger one I think you guys are referring too. @sister13 

@danielledanielle it would be something to see, the designs that didn't make the cut, for humor and for pure curiosity.

@CynthieLu, heh, the 5 pan isn't the one.  The palette in question reminds me of those toys where you have to place the geometric shapes in the right hole 😅

@danielledanielle  I wish I could swatch this one in-store to see the multichromes in person. Based on Danessa’s swatch photos, I’m not sure how different they really are from the multichromes in Lightwork III and IV, or even V. Of course part of me wants to buy this palette regardless, but I’m supposed to be on a low-buy this year. Then again, I do have another Rouge Reward waiting to be used. Hmm. 

The pan layout doesn’t bother me at all. But the interior design printed on the case does: if the hearts were each just one color, then the overall design wouldn’t interfere with the way I see each shade. If I buy this, I’ll be tempted to paint over parts those hearts. 😂 I love the exterior design as is, though. 

We’ll have to see if Danessa does any demos soon with this palette. 

Oooh, okay @WinglessOne .  That helps to know about duplicity, I'll have a look at those swatches.  That's the one thing about the lightworks Lightwork III that stymies me, the shifts can be similar or very cool toned so when I try to blend them, or doing something graphic, it looks kind of muddy.  The exception is her Danessa Myricks Beauty Infinite Chrome Waterproof Micropencil Eyeliner ; I can mix the colors and it looks okay.  The point on these are soooo nice and fine.

@danielledanielle I tend to avoid black based multichromes for this reason. If I do use them, I tend to just put a shade all over the lid and just blend out the edges softly with a matte shadow but that's not as fun as a graphic or more editorial style look.

@danielledanielle  Those eyeliners are so good, I have several backups of the shades I know I’ll quickly use up. I’m glad you like them! 

One way to combat muddy multichromes is to apply them over a base of black eyeshadow or liner, similar to the old trick of applying multichrome nail polish over black polish. I don’t usually need to do that on my lids, but if I was doing a graphic liner design, I might apply these eyeliners over a black liner base to really make ‘em pop in various types of lighting since multichromes can look very different depending on lighting. Speaking of different, I wonder if the formulas in this new palette are also in one of the Lightworks; I haven’t checked that yet. That wouldn’t necessarily make up for any shade repetition (don’t know if that’s an issue yet), but still. 

Good tip 👍🏽, never thought of tracing with black, that'd at least help with an ombre look, thanks

But I have so many questions @danielledanielle 😅😅

Do we know if these are all new colors? When's the release date? I like the whimsical look of this pretty little one. 💕 The negative comments I'm seeing online are so disheartening. I mean, I get it if you don't like it. But there's no need too drag DM's name through the mud over your personal taste.

I saw on IG that it's coming too Sephora's Canadian site and I'm thrilled! 

@CynthieLu I think it's supposed to be $65 and drops 5/21 but not 100% sure.

216 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos102
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Liners
  • I lightly finger-diffused the left end of each swatch.
  • 1 Inglot cream shadow and 2 Danessa Myricks cream highlighters.
  • hauls2022-April-13-eyelinerswatch.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Lightwork vol. III Mini. Couldn’t catch the duochrome shift on some of these swatches very well in my bathroom lighting.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
  • The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.
  • 73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg
  • 82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
  • 2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg
  • 50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg
  • D7D84DE4-B935-4C42-89D6-16578BE412BF.jpeg
  • 1EDFA3A4-E425-48EA-BA0B-72E6FA6508BD.jpeg
  • 624DC076-237D-456B-9E84-90E09DB830B0.jpeg
  • B03E28F5-DBAE-4F57-87E4-5E1D635D2EDF.jpeg
testing