Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Color Hair Advice

Recently got my hair colored at a salon and they recommended I buy some color safe products like purple shampoo. What are your recommendations? 

Also, I was told I should wash my hair no more than twice a week, but is it fine to at least rinse my hair with just water (no shampoo or conditioner)? I don’t mind putting a shower cap on, but I also use various styling products.

Re: Color Hair Advice

@JustCuriousMate  I really like Olaplex No.4P Blonde Enhancer™ Toning Purple Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL .  I wash mine 3 times a week. I don’t rinse it in between washes. I just use a bit of dry shampoo if needed.

From Sephora, my two favorites are Amika Bust Your Brass line and the dpHue Cool Blonde shampoo and conditioner, although I believe that brand is online only now. They're both reasonably priced, they last a while as I only use them once a week or every other week.

From Ulta, my favorite is Pravana The Perfect Blonde. It keeps my hair very blonde and ashy that my sister will always ask if I had just been to the salon even though it had been months since my last visit. 

@JustCuriousMate 

What tone of blonde is your hair? Golden? Ash? This will determine what type of product you should purchase. 

@JustCuriousMate  I use amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Purple Shampoo  I really like how it perks up my blonde hair when it’s brassy. 

I have super fine hair and I only wash my hair once to twice a week. Longer if I’m not leaving my house. I don’t rinse at all in between but I don’t use a ton of product in my hair because my hair doesn’t get too oily. First wash day I usually do straight the next day I might leave straight and the rest I use heat less curls or a waver. If you are washing every day now I suggest trying to go a day in between and keep going a bit longer. If you try to go from daily washing to twice a week you might get super oily and it might discourage you from trying. Also dry shampoos will be your friend!!! Good luck! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing