Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

Itโ€™s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope youโ€™ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and Iโ€™ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

โ€ƒ

IMG_4387.jpeg

โ€ƒ

My old balcony (from the outside) - Iโ€™ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Love seeing your garden evolve everything is blooming beautifully. So lovely ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿชดโ˜€๏ธ @sister13 

Thanks! It has been sunny and 60s this week and things are popping! @peculiarzmakeup 

Iโ€™m so glad to hear that, nature is so beautiful ๐Ÿคฉ itโ€™s snowing where Iโ€™m at! Itโ€™s so interesting how weather is different in different places. Canโ€™t wait to see more as your garden flourishes more with each day! @sister13 

We still get a lot of snow in March and April, but then a lot of warm, sunny days. We had a mild winter is year, so itโ€™s all happening sooner than last year! @peculiarzmakeup 

Lovely pics, @sister13 ! ๐Ÿฅฐ  I can smell them from here! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks, they are such a treat! @Titian06 

Hyacinths are so pretty, @sister13 .  They're just happy-looking.

Thanks, they are!! @CookieGirl1 

They are beautiful @sister13!๐Ÿฉท

Thanks! So eager to see more blooms! @faeriegirl 

These hyacinths started blooming, but theyโ€™re pretty stubby. I had a few last year that didnโ€™t get very tall, too, but others that looked like normal hyacinths. I was so surprised to see these already, they are barely above the soil/mulch, lol. Pics better if you click on them, so blurry in the preview pics. ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿชป

IMG_0410.jpeg

โ€ƒMore stubby hyacinths on the other side:

IMG_0379.jpeg

โ€ƒImpatiently waiting for these daffodils to bloom! Snow melting from our recent storm- 12+ inches!

IMG_0378.jpeg

โ€ƒ

This bed where I planted tons of bulbs (pic taken a week or so ago). 

IMG_0243.jpeg

โ€ƒ

These are all so lovely and beautiful! The one popping out of the snow is just so magical. Love seeing your amazing garden ๐Ÿชด @sister13 

Originally, it said our temps were supposed to get very low so I was worried, but then just snow which insulates them. Canโ€™t wait to see more blooms!! @peculiarzmakeup 

That is such a fun surprise it grew up out of the snow so neat! Canโ€™t wait to see when you post ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿชด @sister13 

@sister13 - Apparently your hyacinths are eager for spring too! ๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŒป  I love daffodils--a sure sign of spring!

i canโ€™t wait to see things come up! @Titian06 

I actually received this in the mail, Iโ€™m not sure where it was found but it sure is beautiful ๐Ÿคฉ 

IMG_7770.jpeg

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’š

So cute!!! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€ @peculiarzmakeup 

@sister13  Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š 

My Flowering Quince shrub, Butterfly bush, and Forsythia shrub are already flowering!๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผIMG_3803.jpeg

IMG_3804.jpeg

IMG_3807.jpeg

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous spring blooms! Those pink ones!! So pretty! @faeriegirl 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos292
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
  • IMG_3997.jpeg
  • IMG_3998.jpeg
  • IMG_4391.jpeg
  • IMG_3481.jpeg