Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

A few of you, wanted to know my thoughts on the newly released -& currently oos-Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 😶 that emoji does a pretty good job at explaining my feelings. I used this straight for about a week but after the 4 or 5 time I had to take a break-i broke out. 😠 In its defense, it was near-that week- but the breakout consisted mostly of what I get when Iover do it on hydrating aka shiny, sticky mess. So y'all ain't reading a short novel:Based on my oily, acne prone even though I'm almost 40 skin:😉😳The great: it did soak into the skin in a short amount of time so you can easily move onto your next stepThe good: the packaging made it fairly easily to control the amount you are using. So much better than TATCHA - The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser It does play well with other moisturizer Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL, the most recent time I used it the night before last, I used 3 \"splashes\" on my hands-cotton pads were a bust, they soaked up too much so I used my hands & patted not wiped on. This was a great combo-soft & moisturized but not shinyMy skin did feel softer most of the time using this The bad: the packaging is made of glass..im clumsy & if I dropped this late at night. 😡If I used this both morning & night I was a shiny like thecrab on Moana. I thought I may have used to much so I tried again, still shiny the nest morning. I stopped using in the morning [all during testing I used GR watermelon moist] & at that time is when I broke out so I took a break. The ugly: there's a learning curve to use this, some moisturizers work beautifully but others including its own line, not somuch. Did my face look smoother? NoWas I on the way to being poreless or did I notice smaller pores? Maybe🤗 I have clogged pores on my nose &they were easier to extract but didn't notice any other changes reallyDo i regret purchasing? It doesn't contain alcohol [the bad] that was a huge selling point for me. Now that I know it plays well with othermoisturizer I feel better & will continue to testWould I repurchase? Not sureSo, based on my skin type -be careful. I think drier types would gobble this right up. I even tried it by itself & it gave pretty good moisture. But STILL in testing for me. @Samtian @itsfi @Shosh85 @Nickelliebear1

@sonnydee Thanks for the review!

@Samtian I wish it was more cut & dry but im glad i thoug...

@Samtian I wish it was more cut & dry but im glad i thought to use another moisturizer with it.

Does anybody else wish that they can create more than one list on Sephora's website?  Right now, Sephora only has an option for creating a "loves" list, but I hope one day, we'll be able to create more than one list and maybe even share them with friends or family (for those special occasions such as birthday or Christmas). 

I'd love to be able to create a "Replenishment List", "Things to Buy During Spring Sales", "Birthday Wish List" or even a "One Day When..." list.  *dreaming of the day when I can start organizing my beauty wish list on Sephora's website*

Great idea! I would love that! 

That’s actually a fabulous idea!   It would be so helpful to have a personal shopping list as well as a gift registry for special occasions!!!  How much easier would that make it for our less- makeup-inclined loved ones to shop for us and get it right with no hassle!   There’d be fewer post holiday returns which is a great incentive for Sephora to consider this!   @angelKiss24  @TeamBIC 

Does anyone know if I have to cancel a return or how to do it if I changed my mind once I started it or can I just not mail the item. My Natasha Denona mini retro palette came with the case broken but after I started the return process I realized that my printer is out of ink and I don't want to go in the post office right now.I think returning it is too much of  hassle atm so I decided to just keep it and put up with the broken case.

@Seymore3 It really just seems to depend. I've had some items I was told to just keep, and other items I had to mail back.

I had a ND blush that arrived broken, I called CS who wer...

I had a ND blush that arrived broken, I called CS who were amazing and refunded me and didn't require it to be returned. Worth a try calling them - good luck!

@Seymore3, I think as long as you don't mail it in nothin...

@Seymore3, I think as long as you don't mail it in nothing else has to be done, but you could also post this under customer service thread.

Re: @Seymore3, I think as long as you don't mail it in nothin...

@LuvstravelThanks I felt like I should be posting this somewhere else but I was drawing a blank on where.

@faeriegirl asked for my thoughts on Ouai body wash so...it rinses clean & my skin does feel soft after using. The scent stays with you in the shower but I didnt smell it after I got out on my skin. Do I like it? yeah, I do feel clean after using. Would I purchase it again? Maybe. It's on the expensive side & it hasnt wowed me enough...yet. The scrub on the other hanf whoooa momma! @gonerogue Bless you! 😍 it went immediately on my purchase list & I got a itty bitty for travel. As long as it don't break me out🤗 thank you so much for the recommendation. This was what soap & glory USED to be. My Ulta haulMy Ulta haul

Thank you @sonnydee!

Not that random...how will the coronavirus affect shopping for beauty products? I got an email from Ulta today about cleanliness in the stores (also got emails from other non-beauty stores). I sure as heck won't be using store testers right now. I wouldn't want to be in a store with that much touching everything. I would definitely prefer to order online.

Just received an email from Sephora, @sprocketta. Use code FREESHIP for free shipping through the end of March! They’re definitely encouraging us to shop from home.

Thanks @Danzie89 I just saw the Sephora coronavirus email. I need to pick something up that's less than $50 and I'm glad about the free shipping.

I recently hauled the new Sand & Sky body sand & @gonerogue  asked me for my thoughts. I finally remembered to use it so I switched out last night my reg scrub. To be honest, it wasn't easy to work with. 😒 they made it look like water makes a paste...not so much. I think it's going to take some trial & error to find what works best. I cupped the sand against my arm & then ran it under water to really make it wet & that helped. But it is gritty- think lava soap if you ever have touched that or know what I'm talking about. That being said, it does exfoliate-my skin did feel softer but it doesn't rinse clean [which in my case-oily skin can lead to clogged pores, not good] For the drier types, less acne prone- it does leave skin feeling softer & not stripped. I can easily use this on the rest of my body-legs mostly but probably won't repurchase. 0302201359a.jpg

0302201359.jpg

@sonnydee   Oh that sounds....well, awful.  As exfoliating as sand is, there are more pleasant ways to get beautifully exfoliated skin. I have to admit I want the cute little scoop.  😄 

Dermadoctor KP Duty body scrub is my Holy Grail.  you cover yourself in the shower wait a minute and rinse away and you’re smooooooth.  And it rinses away with no problems;) 

that lil scoop is the only reason I'm not returning @hear...

that lil scoop is the only reason I'm not returning @heartsmyface. thanks for the recommendation will have to give that one another look- I think I've tried it but it's been years

@sonnydee That little scoop!!! Too bad it's a bit complicated though.  Hope you find a better method to use it!

Since I'll be using it on my legs/feet to finish it wont...

Since I'll be using it on my legs/feet to finish it wont be nearly as hard & as messy @missjeanie
testing