Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Anonymous Insider

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I don't like it either.  I like blowing up photos on the screen to read what the container labels say.

hmmm. well....at least they're honest about how your handcream is going to look not too long after you purchase it ! 😉

i'm pleased to know they carry aesop now though !!

I saw these on their website yesterday, and was also perplexed by the visually unappealing photo.

@angel7594 I was able to pick it up this morning. Thank you so much she loved it and was happy that she has the same shade in her hands again. Hehe 😘

For some reason my pm isnt working so i cant message 

@Blackwhiskey Awesome, I am so glad she likes it! 😊

ok so something SUPER weird happened to me today. i can't stop laughing ! a group of people came into my work and they were just your average people but a bit...strange. and not strange like i'm strange but strange like my coworker and i couldn't quite read them.

one of the guys was particularly odd, and apparently he asked my coworker if i was wearing a mask ??! i mean, i know i wear makeup but i by no means have cakeface !! when my coworker said to him "um, no...she's just wearing red lipstick ?" the man seemed genuinely confused and he and his group left soon after. 

that's a first.

Maybe they've never seen a pale person before. We tend to not go outside much haha. Plus your skin is perfect. 

That is such a weird/rude thing to say though. At least they left quietly. 

What-Meme-12.jpg

Just a random thought for you on this - maybe they were high 😄

Or maybe aliens from another planet - that seems like a completely viable explanation to me 😛

haha ok well...yeah. i chose not to address that here haha. the reason it was so baffling to us was that they didn't seem high. that's kinda what i mean by 'couldn't read them' !! he also asked if the taxidermy big horned sheep we have in here was "made of real animal skin" (i heard this question, just not the question about me) and my coworker had to explain to him what taxidermy was ??

i didn't hear him ask about my "mask" so i had no tone to infer anything.... i think it's the contrast between my skin / black hair / red lips that baffled him.

I'm amused at the idea of putting a fake sheep head onto a wall.    

This reminds me of when I used to work retail.  We sold feather boas behind the cash register and people would ask if they were real chicken or ostrich feathers and if the colours were natural ALL THE TIME!!!  I'm talking blue and purple boas here.  Real feathers yes, but we got in the habit of asking people if they'd ever seen a blue chicken😂

@heartsmyface Why, feather boas are made from the Indonesian Ayam Cemani, dontcha know. Look at how fancy this fella is!blue chicken

(Also, you should totally google "blue chicken," because there are a bunch of really beautiful, unusual birds out there.)

I need everything I own to be the colors of this gorgeous rooster. ♥

Well, that is even more odd when you add in the taxidermy part.

Definitely not discounting the rudeness of such a question (because really, regardless of their reasoning, who asks that??) but I'm going to put a positive spin on it and say it's because your skin is so awesome they couldn't believe it was real (because, your skin IS)

I was thinking the same thing lol!

Does anyone have experience sending packages from the US to the UK? If you do, would you mind PMing me? I'm trying to figure out the most cost-effective way to do this, but everything seems so expensive. Thanks!

I don't need blotting tissues...I need blotting towels! This is getting ridiculous. 😞

I don't know if the mystery of the "lack of email notification for when users are tagged on BT" has been solved but I finally figured it out. For me, at least, the issues has been that these notification emails have been flagged as SPAM! If you aren't seeing any emails, I'd suggest you look in your spam folder. Hope this helps!

Tried to revive my old UD Creme Liner, and, well, i am fairly sure black eyeliner shouldn't stain your skin blue.

into the trash that goes

Sorry,,,but that is so funny!  You made me laugh!

testing