Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

@missjeanie Bummer about the bad products. Especially that weird face mask...remove with a tissue? No thank you. Fabuluos work and I can't wait to see those pans grow!

@Samtian Weird is right... I'm a wash off gal myself.  lol

May updates! Can you believe it's already May?! Where did April go?

As I continue this challenge, what I am loving is that it makes my skin/haircare easy! I reach for the same products every morning and night, eliminating the decision fatigue!

I'm focusing on specific products day after day, week after week, sometimes month after month, and I'm really seeing the benefits (or lack there of).

I'm also noticing that I'm actually going through the products (big surpise, huh?) Especially for products I started using and then left them in the dust because I found something "better" or "new" to try. These weren't bad products, they're actually good but I just get distracted and cheating may have occurred LOL 😂

It's reducing my clutter and this challenge really keeps me on track!

April Progress (somehow I lost my sharpie....)

1000017087.jpg

1000017088.jpg

1000017089.jpg

1000016522.jpg

1000016521.jpg

1000016520.jpg

1000015907.jpg

NEW challenge items as of May 1st!

1000017092.jpg

Seriously @jaaayp , where did April go??! And now we’re knocking on June’s door too 🫣.

Fabulous job moving through your items! Focusing on products certainly helps cut down on time in the morning (unless you’re a turtle 🐢 like me 🤪) .

I know @ElleElleG !! Half way through the year already? MADNESS!!!

Yes, it became grab slap grab slap vs hmmm what should I reach for today....

There's nothing wrong with being a turtle! Taking the time for yourself in the morning and doing a little self care is an amazing feeling too ️ ☺️ ❤️

@jaaayp I feel the same way about panning.  When I have the products right there to use it makes them easy to reach for.  And for the most part... they're always products exactly as you say... They're good, I just got distracted with other things. Excellent progress last month!

Thank you @missjeanie glad you feel the same way! Sometimes i do itch like oooh i wanna use that new essence but then i have to remind myself of this thread. REALLY does the job (also im running out of room for skincare storage) 🫠

Have you panned anything really good lately? 🙂

@jaaayp I'm do a 10 item project pan this year... I'm just waaaaay behind on posting!  I'm hoping to work through a few things... like you... I'm running out of room!

@jaaayp  Wow you made so much progress has congratulations 🎉 

That you @Cissy63 ! It's so satisfying to see the empty bottles and tubs in one place when I do this thread! 🥰

@jaaayp Whoa that progress!!!! I agree with @itsfi love the light shining through those bottles. You are knocking them out of the park! And helping reduce the fatigue...winning! Sharpies do disappear often...

Thank you! This was an alt option since sharpie does disappear... I swear I thought sharpie was like beats all permanent everywhere pen @Samtian ! Funny story, I saw some folks on this thread using washi tape and I bought some to use for tracking (I journal anyway) and I found that my washi tape is like water proof (darn you 3M and your good quality) and the sharpie wouldn't write on it at all 😂😂😂

@jaaayp Haha oh that luck!! I got some cheap tape and it works great!

A classical example of more $ doesn't mean all great @Samtian 😂

@jaaayp, that last photo!! 😍 The light coming through just illuminates the bottles (and your progress on the products) so beautifully❣️ That Olaplex is practically gone, and the Haus Labs foundation looks to be headed in that direction fast. Fabulous job!

Thank you @itsfi !!! Yes! I was holding it in this light and using a sharpie but I was like HM wait a minute... LOL idk if olaplex is coming through the picture but I have more than half left 😢 I don't hate it tho, I just don't reach for it (which is why this is perfect!) The Haus lab, yes. I always use around this much for foundation and reach for something else (i.e. my Armani....) so I was line NO NO NO GONNA PAN IT. i go thru my foundation pretty quickly considering I only use 1 pump at a time 🤔 but I think it's been almost a year soon?

@jaaayp I love your point about "decision fatigue." That is a really good incentive for.me to pick a product and stick with it until it is done!

It's so simple when your whole skincare sits on a little tray @Mel231 ! It kinda makes me want to do my routine and look forward to it every morning and night. Hope it works for you the same! 🥰

@jaaayp  wow, awesome progress! Great job! I definitely feel you about getting distracted by the newest "shiny" things, and then before I know it I have like 5 of the same type of item open at once...🙄 but you're right, this challenge is super helpful for actually using things up!

Yes... you get it @caitbird 😂 thank you ❤️ glad we are all in this together! Hehe

You are on a roll @jaaayp 

Conversation Stats
Photos219
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc
  • Blushes and Bronzers
  • Highlighters